KCAP 'C' Crew

helick

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last, 3 or so years, truck night shift has changed their schedule about every 4 months, be it from 6pm to 4:30pm start or swapping to C-crew on SUV and back.

My favorite poster in KCAP was the one (they took it down) that gave advice on getting enough sleep it suggested you: Keep a regular schedule.

To those of you who are saying "it could be worse" - it can ALWAYS be worse. If we don't fight to keep what we have, you end up losing everything. Nobody <-- read, NOBODY should be working 2 days on days and then 2 days on nights, especially in a factory.

Over the last, 3 or so years, truck night shift has changed their schedule about every 4 months, be it from 6pm to 4:30pm start or swapping to C-crew on SUV and back.

My favorite poster in KCAP was the one (they took it down) that gave advice on getting enough sleep it suggested you: Keep a regular schedule.

To those of you who are saying "it could be worse" - it can ALWAYS be worse. If we don't fight to keep what we have, you end up losing everything. Nobody <-- read, NOBODY should be working 2 days on days and then 2 days on nights, especially in a factory.

Why do you say nobody should be working this schedule? DTP was working this schedule 2 years ago. I for one am happy they are back working this. I was sick of being laid off every 4 weeks.

DTP,Michigan Truck, and KTP worked a C-Crew schedule..Never heard them complain......Maybe they should move your product to a plant that don't mind working a C-Crew and let you guys hit the unemployment line!

Yes! Thank god some one finally gets it.

DTP,Michigan Truck, and KTP worked a C-Crew schedule..Never heard them complain......Maybe they should move your product to a plant that don't mind working a C-Crew and let you guys hit the unemployment line!

Now thats funny! I have talked to several people from the plants you mention and their view's on the C-Crew are no different from plant to plant, some say it sucks some say they love it and others say what can I do, I don't have enough seniority to work any other shift.

So basically what I'm saying is people have a right to their opinion just as you do and out of 3900 hourly people at KCAP building 2 products and a total of 4 shifts thats 975 per shift divided equally you see the comments of less than 1% and you think they should move our products some where else. It's nice to know we have support from people like you.

One thing I can't figure out is DTP is getting their C-Crew back and KCAP is losing a shift on the truck side, that is still a total of 4 shifts of production but were going back to tag relief, 5 - 10's and every other Saturday till January just to keep the same volume of production and at that time they will reevaluate the C-Crew, as some upper management has explained 3 shift operations are not profitable because of the amount of down time due to relief, roughly 3 hrs per day X 4 days is a lost of 12 hrs production on 3, 40 hr. shifts with 120 possible hrs. of productions leaving only 108 hrs for production, when on tag relief and max overtime 2 shifts thats 116 hrs of productions for a gain of 8 hrs. but then you could tag relieve 3 shifts but that only gives you a gain of 4 hrs. and increase your manpower by a 1/3 as your doing already but they would have to actually hire more people in order to put everyone on tag relief that means 1 for every 8 just to use round numbers if it takes 800 per shift you would need to have 100 relief operators X 3 is an additional 300 more people just to gain 4 hrs. maybe thats why were in the shape were in sometimes more is less, and I'm not saying no one should be laid off but none of this would be going on if Ford would have reached their goal number on buyouts or retirements, so until they reach that number what it is, is what it is.

GM is going to 3 crew operations in some of there plants and Crysler will do the same thing

At KCAP the first time they tried it was a complete disaster

This time I think it will be alot smoother there not using a bunch of TFT's and there transfering by senority

10 years or less your going to C crew these people may not like it but they will showup and work

Management screwed up the last time by trying to do it to fast and cheap which never works

The Union Reps resisted this move because the Union Local 249 members did not think it was a good idea

We THE UNION feared Quality would be at risk again when you make these kinda moves with poor planning only the customer pays

Glad you guys at DTP are going back to work We know whats its like to be layedoff short term KCAP trucks had down time this year to

UAW workers build Quality products no matter were its built

KCAP has a long History of building the best cars suv's and trucks

The F-150 has been here for along time and we will not give it up the company will have to take it so when someone DTP says that KCAP'S high quality is only

better because they only build low end models I kinda take that personally the only low end model we have is the regular cab and we build 6 an hour

Enough of the bickering and the company whipsawing lets build what people will buy and we all win I just hope Manangement cares as much as UAW workers

GM is going to 3 crew operations in some of there plants and Crysler will do the same thing

This time I think it will be alot smoother there not using a bunch of TFT's and there transfering by senority

10 years or less your going to C crew these people may not like it but they will showup and work

Management screwed up the last time by trying to do it to fast and cheap which never works

The Union Reps resisted this move because the Union Local 249 members did not think it was a good idea

We THE UNION feared Quality would be at risk again when you make these kinda moves with poor planning only the customer pays

Glad you guys at DTP are going back to work We know whats its like to be layedoff short term KCAP trucks had down time this year to

The F-150 has been here for along time and we will not give it up the company will have to take it so when someone DTP says that KCAP'S high quality is only

better because they only build low end models I kinda take that personally the only low end model we have is the regular cab and we build 6 an hour

Enough of the bickering and the company whipsawing lets build what people will buy and we all win I just hope Manangement cares as much as UAW workers

Great first post !!

Welcome Flip ,no change needed for your 2 cents. good first post.

KC does build a lot more "plumber" trucks than us!

Thats why DTP will be getting the reg cab and 8 foot box, were taking all DTP CC, Norfolk all over again. Just kidding, or hey, just think about it... IT COULD HAPPEN...Lol..Who gives a shit anyway, just go to work, and take your check on Friday. For the ones working and not on ILO, be thankful.

So we had a letter come out at DTP by the union that the Single cab is coming to DTP. So what does that mean for you guys???

More CC, were taking yours, you get a brand new Reg Cab, and 8 foot box... woohoo! Just like Norfolk, ooopps, sshhh that slipped, wasn't supposed to say anything. Sorry Billy, Lol...

Thats why DTP will be getting the reg cab and 8 foot box, were taking all DTP CC, Norfolk all over again. Just kidding, or hey, just think about it... IT COULD HAPPEN...Lol..Who gives a shit anyway, just go to work, and take your check on Friday. For the ones working and not on ILO, be thankful.

DTP is not getting the 8ft box according to letter..

:beerchug:

DTP is not getting the 8ft box according to letter..

Think about it...why would we get the single cab to begin with??? They are prepping the plant to be the only maker of the F150. Since KCAP has gotta put out the Escape like mad, it would be logical that one plant in NA makes the Truck and you guys get the other vehicle.

Oh and btw Just like according to the last letter we were NOT getting the single cab either CORRECT?

Edited by damagedone37

Think about it...why would we get the single cab to begin with??? They are prepping the plant to be the only maker of the F150. Since KCAP has gotta put out the Escape like mad, it would be logical that one plant in NA makes the Truck and you guys get the other vehicle.

Oh and btw Just like according to the last letter we were NOT getting the single cab either CORRECT?

Maybe they are going to do away with the 8 ft box on F-150's and it just be an option on the Superduty's.

Edited by fordtpworker1993