Taxpayers face heavy losses on auto bailout

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090909/ap_on_...oversight_panel

This was one of the top headlines on my home page this morning. Why the hell does it have a picture of Ford of Europe President John Fleming with a big Ford logo behind his head? For one thing Ford was not involved in the "bailout" and Europe definately doesn't have anything to do with it. It's like they just slap whatever they feel like it up on a website and call it a day, as long as it makes one of the american car makers look bad. Are they just this misinformed, devious, or just plain stupid?

Edited by svtenthusiast

It seems all journalists haven't gotten over the "bash Ford every chance you get" stigma that has plagued us for the last 7-10 years. Ford shouldn't be mentioned in that article at all and they damn well shouldn't have a picture of the logo on the page at all.

As far as the article itself goes, I truly believe we'll lose every dime we dumped into GM. They are still on 2001 time and thinking exactly that way. Their future is planned around the VOLT still at this point which I believe is rediculous. Its still too early to tell how Fiat will handle Chrysler, but I don't count on any returns from GM. Additionally, if Obama comes back shortly and asks for more GM handout cash, I say we all tell him to go scratch. There hasn't yet been enough change at the top of GM and they're still acting same ol same ol.

OMG! CONSPIRACY! TIME TO FREAK OUT!

In this case, we have a content distributor (Yahoo) displaying content from another provider (AP). I suspect Yahoo has an algorithm that attempts to select a relevant photo from an unrelated database based on the content and time. It probably had a topic like "Autos", and just happened to pick the Ford photo.

I see a lot of mismatched photos on Yahoo - especially in the my.yahoo.com "Top Photo" widget.