"Ford Mount Rushmore"

For some reason, this came to mind while reading the NYT Mulally article. Seems to me that if Ford weathers this storm and is able to avoid government $$, he definitely deserves a spot.

So, what about . . .

Henry

Edsel

Henry II

Alan

I dunno about Edsel, actually. Does somebody like Caldwell or Petersen, who seemed to do a pretty decent improvement of product with original Taurus, etc., belong there?

And what about Jill Wagner?

Depends on the criteria: If it's "bacon saving", that'd be:

Hank the Deuce, Ernie Breech, Petersen & Mulally.

If it's "changed the course of the company", I'd have to go with:

Henry Ford, Edsel Ford, Petersen & Bill Ford

If it's Fords exclusively:

Henry, Edsel, Hank the Deuce, and Bill Ford

And if it's a roll call of losers, why that'd be:

Harry Bennett, Lee Iacocca (for ruining Ford in the mid-late 70s), Bob Lutz (destroyed FoE by pretending he was still working for BMW), and Jac the knife.

If it's cars:

Model T, '49 Ford, Mustang, Taurus

Edited by RichardJensen

For some reason, this came to mind while reading the NYT Mulally article. Seems to me that if Ford weathers this storm and is able to avoid government $$, he definitely deserves a spot.

So, what about . . .

Henry

Edsel

Henry II

Alan

I dunno about Edsel, actually. Does somebody like Caldwell or Petersen, who seemed to do a pretty decent improvement of product with original Taurus, etc., belong there?

Edsel surely belongs there for bringing Ford kicking and dragging out from under the Model T, creating Continental, creating Mercury...pushing for more flair to the Ford lineup. A true visionary that died way before his time.

So, what about . . .

Henry

Edsel

Henry II

Alan

Those are the ones I would've said, except I might've thrown Bill in there.

LOL about Jill.....they'd need a 2nd mountain (or perhaps a Greek temple building thing :shades: ) for spokespeople......Jill would be the goddess, Mike Rowe, who else....

Raptor, because it would look really cool carved into the side of a mountain.

Good reasoning... :stirpot: