Kanye West: #1 Reason Why People Still Use the N Word

Versa-Tech

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do people like Kanye West incite racism?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're a racist for even asking that question

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how it should be percieved. But unfortunately... many country music fans immediately jump to another conclusion. Let's just say that fans of the genre tend to be a bit more inclined when it comes to racial prejudice... to put it lightly.

No, this is a black & white issue.

Why?

Because that is Kanye's M.O.!

As I said, he has a track record of shooting off his mouth about how ALL of white America is racist and EVERY black American is hard-done by. The stories are out there. feel free to Google them.

So 100% of this stunt was racial.

Did Beyonce have a better video? That's subjective. Is Beyonce black? Yes she is and thats why Kanye selected her as being more worthy.

I don't have a friggin clue who this guy is, but he must be indicative of modern pop music, since the story has gotten so much play.

First this clown, and the way Serena Williams likes to act in public, gives me little doubt society is crumbling.

Sadly, Tiger Woods is a rarity in popular culture today.

Obama calls Kanye 'jackass'.

One of the few times I can agree with the President.

already retracted by the White House

retracted or redacted?

Either way, it's wimping out.

Looks like ABC News removed the tweet and issued an apology for reporter being unjournalistic. LinkHere Doesn't matter, like Mark said. Either way, Obama is right - Kanye is a jackass.

already retracted by the White House

retracted or redacted?

Either way, it's wimping out.

Looks like ABC News removed the tweet and issued an apology for reporter being unjournalistic. LinkHere Doesn't matter, like Mark said. Either way, Obama is right - Kanye is a jackass.

I think Obama should go on the record with this.

After that issue with the Cambridge police, this would far to establish that he isn't driven by racial issues. Or at leat try to make that appearance of neutrality.

I don't think that President Obama has to say a word about this. West did this at an awards show on MTV, not at a United Nations conference. Would we expect President Obama to say anything if Kenny Chesney disrespected Carrie Underwood at the Country Music Awards? Just because Kayne West is an African American doesn't mean that President Obama has to have an opinion on what he did. He isn't responsible for the actions of every famous African American in the country. Kayne West is an adult; his actions speak for themselves.

Edited by grbeck

I don't think that President Obama has to say a word about this. West did this at an awards show on MTV, not at a United Nations conference. Would we expect President Obama to say anything if Kenny Chesney disrespected Carrie Underwood at the Country Music Awards? Just because Kayne West is an African American doesn't mean that President Obama has to have an opinion on what he did. He isn't responsible for the actions of every famous African American in the country. Kayne West is an adult; his actions speak for themselves.

wrong.

this is a race issue.

a better comparison would be Kenny Chesney doing this to Beyonce because he is white and she is black.

kanye is a known racist. period.

wrong.

this is a race issue.

a better comparison would be Kenny Chesney doing this to Beyonce because he is white and she is black.

kanye is a known racist. period.

The president doesn't have to inject himself into every racial issue, and it's not his responsibility to speak up every time a black performer acts like a jerk. We are talking about an entertainer behavior badly at the MTV Awards, not Bull O'Connor standing there with snarling police dogs, ready to sick them on civil rights protestors.

If Kenny Chesney had been rude to Beyonce, would we expect Presidents Clinton or Bush to automatically condemn him? I wouldn't. I would hope that they have better things to worry about. Same here. President Obama isn't Kayne West's father or close relative, and he isn't responsible for his poor behavior.

The president doesn't have to inject himself into every racial issue, and it's not his responsibility to speak up every time a black performer acts like a jerk. We are talking about an entertainer behavior badly at the MTV Awards, not Bull O'Connor standing there with snarling police dogs, ready to sick them on civil rights protestors.

If Kenny Chesney had been rude to Beyonce, would we expect Presidents Clinton or Bush to automatically condemn him? I wouldn't. I would hope that they have better things to worry about. Same here. President Obama isn't Kayne West's father or close relative, and he isn't responsible for his poor behavior.

face it, if Kenny Chesney had done the same to beyonce you can be GUARANTEED race cards would have been held high by both Sharpton and Jesse, I swear they sometimes do more damage than good for their "apparent" cause....sorry, but to me the race card has become yellowed torn and FADED....I dont care WHO raises it, 99% of the time it is illfounded...and THIS case is exactly this...this Kayne West incident has NOTHING to do with race...just as Obama put it..just a "Jackass".....

...The "N" word is currently used as a term of endearment by black youths.

Not true.

The word "Nigga" is a term used by some members of the black community as well as the Latino community as a term of endearment. Youth has nothing to do with it. Blacks have been using that word with affection towards one another for YEARS. It only recenly grabbed national notice and spoltlight as elements within our culture become more and more "mainstream".

The word "Nigger" is a derogatory word used to reference blacks by whites and other non-blacks.

If you ask a black person who uses the term "Nigga" if they are interchangeable with "Nigger" they will tell you they are not. This is the reason some within the black community despise the word "Nigga"; they because most in the white community don't understand that "Nigga" isn't "Nigger". So they assume they mean the same thing, and then the debate over who has authority to use the word comes up. In other words: they use it so I can too.

Not true.

The word "Nigga" is a term used by some members of the black community as well as the Latino community as a term of endearment. Youth has nothing to do with it. Blacks have been using that word with affection towards one another for YEARS. It only recenly grabbed national notice and spoltlight as elements within our culture become more and more "mainstream".

The word "Nigger" is a derogatory word used to reference blacks by whites and other non-blacks.

If you ask a black person who uses the term "Nigga" if they are interchangeable with "Nigger" they will tell you they are not. This is the reason some within the black community despise the word "Nigga"; they because most in the white community don't understand that "Nigga" isn't "Nigger". So they assume they mean the same thing, and then the debate over who has authority to use the word comes up. In other words: they use it so I can too.

Bullshit. A black person who uses the word "Nigga" can not use it interchangeably with "Nigger" because he/she has a speech impediment. Edited by Versa-Tech