Save our Plants

Skilled1

I think he was trying to say "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to power, power leads to victory let your anger flow through you, your hate will make you strong. True power is only achieved through testing the limits of ones anger and coming through unscathed. Rage channeled through anger is unstoppable"

Code of the Sith

Furious,

I just know in my heart the UAW looks out for our best interest. Why in the world would our leadership put us at risk? I can not even think of any real reason. I do know that investing in our plants and keeping us competitive which will set us up to be stronger and get our strength back both with the public and as a strikeable threat .

Sorry to let you down but I have a differing opinion of this modification. I look at strenght in product and investment which will always protect us and our precious retirees.

What do you think would happen to our retirees if we had no product left?

What if the UAW did nothing and we slowly die a 10 year death?

Sitting and doing nothing is not why I pay union dues.....

I know the position we are in is just a sign of the times and good times are ahead of us.

Sorry but I thought this forum welcomed different opinions.

Just because I am a concerned dues paying member that cares about my future you think I am a Rep?

Just a 3rd generation union supporter!!! I walk picket lines, elect canidates that support labor, write my senators, and reps constantly. I am involved support my union and not a fence rider.

I think this site is a great tool and there is nothing wrong with objectivity.

Nothing in this agreement eliminates Ford's debt, and none of the last three agreements guarantee product. All of their product commitments, and re-commitments are still subject to market conditions. Not to mention Ford has not fulfilled any of these so called "commitments" yet! I'm sorry for being abrasive, but the rank and file are all getting hosed, and setting their selves up for big loses in 2011'.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Please do not believe the lies of this forum

There are many lies about this agreement and miss representation of the true language on this site. Our futures depend on this agreement. Real job security is in UAW/ USA investments.

I took these BOF posts to my leadership and got the truth. This is nothing short of undermining our great union and sabotaging the very institution that looks out for our best interest.

Get educated. Ask questions from a real UAW Chairman or President. Not from the wanna be Reps on this site.

Would you get tax advice, legal advice, medical advice or any other advice from a website?

Neither would I…………

Educate yourself and you will see the true existence of the UAW is protecting the members

Good luck vote yes…

Our jobs and plants depend on it

i liked the part about how we cant strike even on a strikable issue while a non strikable issue is in binding arbitration.without the threat of a strike we have no chips to put on the table. btw can you give me miss representation's phone number? i hear shes hot!!

Furious,

I just know in my heart the UAW looks out for our best interest. Why in the world would our leadership put us at risk? I can not even think of any real reason. I do know that investing in our plants and keeping us competitive which will set us up to be stronger and get our strength back both with the public and as a strikeable threat .

Sorry to let you down but I have a differing opinion of this modification. I look at strenght in product and investment which will always protect us and our precious retirees.

I know the position we are in is just a sign of the times and good times are ahead of us.

Just because I am a concerned dues paying member that cares about my future you think I am a Rep?

Just a 3rd generation union supporter!!! I walk picket lines, elect canidates that support labor, write my senators, and reps constantly. I am involved support my union and not a fence rider.

Great reply. The party of no is at it again......

It is becoming more and more clear to me that certain individuals have been placed on these forums to try and sway the membership into a yes vote.

These individuals must have been promised some kind of compensation such as ....a cleaned up attendance record....a cash payment.....Hell i don't know ! All i know is nobody can possibly be that blind as to think for one second that this is a good contract for the membership unless they are getting something out of it.

I have been busting my balls looking up information on arbitration,baseball arbitration,examples of contract disputes using arbitration etc. etc. etc. And it never ends up good for the employees.EVER! Ford has been lucky enough to have employees that have been willing to take a hit for them to keep them ahead of the competition. WE the membership are the sole reason why ford did NOT have to file bankruptcy.And now,after all we have done they want to bend us over and screw us royally with a contract that is sure to cost some of us our homes , savings and or 401k's. This contract is so bad its almost like they made it so ridicules that we will vote it down and re negotiate and settle for a contract slightly better.

ONLY AN INDIVIDUAL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES WILL VOTE FOR THIS CONTRACT! UNLESS THEY ARE EXPECTING SOME KIND OF PERSONAL GAIN FROM THE COMPANY.

VOTE NO!

Furious,

They would put us at risk because they have no balls and the heads of the company are much smarter than them. The current UAW leaders are a bunch of clowns and just continually give, give, and give some more. We have given enough, renegotiating every couple of months is ridiculous. The contract is up in 2011 so that is when we should be talking to them, enough of this silliness of giving back every 2 months. It's getting comical!

i liked the part about how we cant strike even on a strikable issue while a non strikable issue is in binding arbitration.without the threat of a strike we have no chips to put on the table. btw can you give me miss representation's phone number? i hear shes hot!!

I liked that part too.

I also like how we bring it up to skilled1 and he logs off or flat out ignores the facts.

We CAN read skilled1.

Sorry

there's nothing in this agreement that a tradesman can like so Skilled has to be a mole.

Of course. This person preached "vote yes" during the last contract vote, and basically disappeared. Now, as expected, he's back to scare people into voting yes again. And after the vote, he will disappear again. He's a UAW paid shill.

These individuals must have been promised some kind of compensation such as ....a cleaned up attendance record....a cash payment.....Hell i don't know ! All i know is nobody can possibly be that blind as to think for one second that this is a good contract for the membership unless they are getting something out of it.

VOTE NO!

I dont know Dale.... I work with someone who when we voted to start VEBA, gave up our 3% perf.bonus, started monthly premiums for our retirees, saved Ford a ton with '07 contract, and in Mar. '09 concessions kept saying the same thing......at least I have my job. There wasnt even any discussion over merits of one thing or another. So I guess there are some that just dont care or they are just too scared and if they ever get to the point where they are falling out of the middle class, they will just be grateful to be working. Sorry but from my point of view 1). I cant get clear of the fact of giving up ANY part of right to strike and 2).Even if my seniority keeps me on trades, I know the work groups will result in those under me getting laid off/bumping someone off of production.And with how my plant is managed, I cant vote yes and know I was involved in letting this happen.

P.S. And I think it was VDTrans that made a good point. In case of a RIF in trades, who's to say they will go by straight seniority. Thats crap.

P.S. And I think it was VDTrans that made a good point. In case of a RIF in trades, who's to say they will go by straight seniority. Thats crap.

The politics involved in trying to keep one guy/gal on trades at the expense of others all in the same plant will create a ton of animosity. It may have been better to just reduce to 2 or 3 or 4 trades.Put everyone who's mechanical in one , elect. in another,T&D, etc. Then go by seniority.

There are many lies about this agreement and miss representation of the true language on this site. Our futures depend on this agreement. Real job security is in UAW/ USA investments.

I took these BOF posts to my leadership and got the truth. This is nothing short of undermining our great union and sabotaging the very institution that looks out for our best interest.

Get educated. Ask questions from a real UAW Chairman or President. Not from the wanna be Reps on this site.

Would you get tax advice, legal advice, medical advice or any other advice from a website?

Neither would I…………

Educate yourself and you will see the true existence of the UAW is protecting the members

Good luck vote yes…

before the informational meeting, I would have said no I don't think so. After listening to explanation and Q&A I am fine with it. They explained the arbitration peice, explained the whole entry level and trades piece. Looks like we got more than we are giving up, but to be honest we will never get to entry level, teams sounds like we have already agreed to that in the other modification and they kept their classifications, OT and bump rights. Arbitration, talking with Wendy ? she said that baseball arbitration really is not bad, because it forces both sides into bargaining. The reason she explained was, no company wants to open their books to the outside, and arbitration is only if they do not agree, but we have every right to strike over wage concessions. She said that the only we can not strike on are wage increases!! So looks like there is a lot of BS on this site from those trying to spin this a different way. That is fking stupid, we have enough going on to have people making shit up and spinning this with their own intent.

PS. Gary/snoopy just wondering if you supported the agreement of 1996?

before the informational meeting, I would have said no I don't think so. After listening to explanation and Q&A I am fine with it. They explained the arbitration peice, explained the whole entry level and trades piece. Looks like we got more than we are giving up, but to be honest we will never get to entry level, teams sounds like we have already agreed to that in the other modification and they kept their classifications, OT and bump rights. Arbitration, talking with Wendy ? she said that baseball arbitration really is not bad, because it forces both sides into bargaining. The reason she explained was, no company wants to open their books to the outside, and arbitration is only if they do not agree, but we have every right to strike over wage concessions. She said that the only we can not strike on are wage increases!! So looks like there is a lot of BS on this site from those trying to spin this a different way. That is fking stupid, we have enough going on to have people making shit up and spinning this with their own intent.

we will never ever strike for a raise anyway. that will never happen. as far as the company opening their books, ford is a publicly traded company.their books arent really a secret they can hide in the same way a privately held company can. if the union and company are at an impasse the union can ask to see the books of even a private company. that is if the company is pleading poverty. you dont need a no strike or binding arbitration clause for that. we went down that road back in 1998 at uaw 791 so im not making this shit up.ive seen it.read the language on page 3 of the handout on proposed modifications. specifically the three paragraphs under "binding arbitration". if you are comfortable with what that says then vote for it. personally im not. no spin necessary.

Disappointed in ya buster.

What did she say about no strikes over any issues while arbitration is going?

Was it a typo, a foolish mis-print?

Edited by Stugots

[/quote

Facts are facts!Ford screwed us before and they are just dying to screw us again.It's obvious that there are several company/union a@s suckers posting on BON that are trying to spin this fking BS.

Don't take anyone's word on this concession,read and re-read and make up your own mind.I am sure if everyone doe's this they will vote NO!!!!

Disagreements are fine Skilled you have been more respectful than what I deserve at times, I can freely admit at times I let my emotions take over.

And to answer your question, I represent the membership not leadership.

That is something a lot more reps need to realize.

amen brother thanks!

It is becoming more and more clear to me that certain individuals have been placed on these forums to try and sway the membership into a yes vote.

I have been busting my balls looking up information on arbitration,baseball arbitration,examples of contract disputes using arbitration etc. etc. etc. And it never ends up good for the employees.EVER! Ford has been lucky enough to have employees that have been willing to take a hit for them to keep them ahead of the competition. WE the membership are the sole reason why ford did NOT have to file bankruptcy.And now,after all we have done they want to bend us over and screw us royally with a contract that is sure to cost some of us our homes , savings and or 401k's. This contract is so bad its almost like they made it so ridicules that we will vote it down and re negotiate and settle for a contract slightly better.

ONLY AN INDIVIDUAL WHO DOESN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES WILL VOTE FOR THIS CONTRACT! UNLESS THEY ARE EXPECTING SOME KIND OF PERSONAL GAIN FROM THE COMPANY.

VOTE NO!

I agree. If this thing is so darn good, Why are all these idiots trying to ram it up our azzzes? If it were that good, it would sell itself. Never fails, all these TURDS fall out of the sky when it comes time to vote on these lame ass contracts.

Neither would I…………

Good luck vote yes…

why dont you read the contract and understand it. the agreement says, they will discuss saving jobs. ford owes uaw thousands of jobs if you go back to the 96 thru 2007 contract they never fullfilled it, also there are alot more promises that ford had broke with the uaw about creating jobs and the uaw did nothing about it. one example every 2 retiree you had to hire 1. and i can go on about this issue, but it wouldnt matter because idiots like you just dont get it. have you heard or know anything about nafta, probaly not. i believe we need to take a stand now vote no and to idiots who vote yes please pack your bags and get the fuck out of the united states or just keep your mouth shut. i also want to say the uaw is making us look like pushovers. you have to look at ford agreed to the 2007 contract its not uaw membership fault that mgt. made bad decisions.

Remember that after this is voted down, we carry on working under the current terms of our last modified agreement. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. We'll go back to the table in 2011 at which time, a new agreement can be negotiated. This will be at a time where Ford's market share has vastly improved, profits willbe rolling again and we will be able to make gains in our wages and benefits, not concessionary give backs like they desire now.