Bob King @ Dearborn

Stugots

Bob is at local 900 for the vote from 1-3, i have been asked to debate with him since I have put put 2 informational bulletins against this. I have a couple hundred people showing for this that i represented before they vote, please pray that the right words will be presented.

You go Biggtone!

MS

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forwarded message:

At the Dearborn Truck Plant today, Wednesday, the Unit's elected leadership passed out a letter calling for a NO vote.

The letter was signed by the plant chairman, the vice-president, and about half of the elected district and bargaining committee reps.

In response, Bob King came in to the plant on the afternoon shift. The company shut down production to have him speak. The workers booed Bob King off the platform and would not let him speak.

Gary Walkowicz

"A" Crew Bargaining Committeeman

FREAKN AWESOME ! I cant wait for him to come to kcap, he will hopefully get a similar reception. Is this dude for real ?

I am a no vote. I am also embarassed the way we treated our President Bob King. He took the time to walk the entire trim and chassis area last night. He was respectful to me and gave me the facts as they were negoitated. I told him I was uncomfortable with the changes. He spent at least 5 minutes talking to me personally not trying to twist my arm but giving me facts according to him. I did apoligize for the shouting and told him my area coworkers still hold respect for his leadership but the entry level is questionable to me.

Louie

Bob King is the one that should feel embaressed for bringing this concession package before the membership.He should feel embarresed for destroying all that the union gained over the last 60 years.No we the membership should be proud of the people at Dearborn.Your stand may be remembered as the new battle of the Overpass.You stood up for all your UAW family while our leadership has betrayed us. The spirit of Walter Reuter still walks were so many years ago he was bloodied to win dignity for the auto worker. That spirit entered into all of you who silenced Bob King.You have fired the first shot to retake the UAW from the corporations.

Edited by skeptic

I am a no vote. I am also embarassed the way we treated our President Bob King. He took the time to walk the entire trim and chassis area last night. He was respectful to me and gave me the facts as they were negoitated. I told him I was uncomfortable with the changes. He spent at least 5 minutes talking to me personally not trying to twist my arm but giving me facts according to him. I did apoligize for the shouting and told him my area coworkers still hold respect for his leadership but the entry level is questionable to me.

Louie

He never came by job..................

forwarded message:

At the Dearborn Truck Plant today, Wednesday, the Unit's elected leadership passed out a letter calling for a NO vote.

The letter was signed by the plant chairman, the vice-president, and about half of the elected district and bargaining committee reps.

In response, Bob King came in to the plant on the afternoon shift. The company shut down production to have him speak. The workers booed Bob King off the platform and would not let him speak.

Gary Walkowicz

"A" Crew Bargaining Committeeman

Just when I completely give up hope on the UAW leadership I am sent a flicker of inspiration. Now everyone at Local 2000 Avon Lake needs to see if our union leadership will come out with a collective letter or will they tell the IUAW in private that they stand by them and then run a whisper campaign telling the membership that they stand by them also.

Think about it. To the company, production is the #1 priority and that line stops for nothing. But they roll out the red carpet and shut the place down for King to speak, so he can sell his propaganda. This should tell you what the company and union is up to.

VOTE NO

Absolutely! Shutting the line down so Bob King can sell his political wares to the membership speaks volumns about whose back pocket he is in. That guy is a corporate hack.

Just when I completely give up hope on the UAW leadership I am sent a flicker of inspiration. Now everyone at Local 2000 Avon Lake needs to see if our union leadership will come out with a collective letter or will they tell the IUAW in private that they stand by them and then run a whisper campaign telling the membership that they stand by them also.

I would suggest not to wait on ur local to do it, lots of peeps at kcap r posting garys letter all over the plant, it has made a difference, you should do it at ur plant. good luck

how do u think we look in the eyes of the media and managemet when u have some sack going against the leader of the UAW. do u have an idea what will be said to him when he needs help at DTP. heres one for ya

"YOUR FKED,,, WHAT ELSE YA GOT".

It is why every plant needs to vote this down so everyone is on the same level.

how do u think we look in the eyes of the media and managemet when u have some sack going against the leader of the UAW. do u have an idea what will be said to him when he needs help at DTP. heres one for ya

"YOUR FKED,,, WHAT ELSE YA GOT".

I do not know about where you work, but at Saline there is a member of management for every 12-20 employees. We have an area manager, a superintendent, an mps coordinator and two supervisors per shift that consists of around 30 people. Tell me why some of this fat has not been cut. Do not be afraid about what will happen. Worst case scenario we go back to the table with the membership in mind. Thses fuckers have gotten too fat for too long and blamed it on the union. Bob King got what Gettlefinger and the rest of the national negotiating team should get. The international union is just like management, they don't listen unless you scream it. Thank you local 600 for having the balls to say what we all want to say. You guys have balls and are the definition of solidarity. Thanks again guys and gals of 600.

Solidarity all the way, you go DTP!! You work your asses off and you deserve the best. Do not settle!! The company allowed you to shut down the line only because they know that these concessions will favor them (management) in the long run. You DTP and old DAP members know the history of the fight for workers rights and equality outside on that bridge. Don't give in, they fought for your future. You need to fight to keep it and what you have left. F -150 will continue to be built by the hard working members at Local 600. Your fight will then be your reward for the future generations that follow in your footsteps. Maybe its time for you to clean house at the IUAW and elect your local union leaders who have not forgotten their membership comes first. A quick note: President Obama has capped the executive pay of those who asked for help by the government. I'm thinking that Ford will not want to be in that same position because Allen Mullaly likes where he's at.
Stag , god bless you and DTP they are staying true to the fight of LABOR and we support them here at STERLING the battle of the overpass will never be forgotten ,and those who don't learn from history are DOOMED to repeat it ... THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT its about dam time that we cap these GREEDY ass bankers money !!! Edited by the new eye

While Nick has made the right choice this time, all of you people from around the country need to know this.

If not for the support concerning these and past concessions that Gary Walkowitz has received by the membership, Nick would not be making this stand. People need to know Gary has been the one coming in passing out his leaflets why this is a bad deal since the day after the tentative agreement was announced.

Gary was the loudest No at that meeting Tuesday October 12th.

Gary was the most outspoken on October 13th at the Region 1A meeting, during which quit a few of the other members there mocked him when he and Bob got in a heated argument.

Again while i applaud Nicks stance on this issue I will add Nick is a very persuasive politician, he also knows what it will take to repair some of the bad decisions he has made since in office.

The main point I am trying to make is if not for the strong following that Gary has had over the last week concerning this agreement I firmly believe Nick would have remained silent publicly on these mods.

Kudos to him for taking a stand, but give the credit where it is due please.

:angry:

I do not know about where you work, but at Saline there is a member of management for every 12-20 employees. We have an area manager, a superintendent, an mps coordinator and two supervisors per shift that consists of around 30 people. Tell me why some of this fat has not been cut. Do not be afraid about what will happen. Worst case scenario we go back to the table with the membership in mind. Thses fuckers have gotten too fat for too long and blamed it on the union. Bob King got what Gettlefinger and the rest of the national negotiating team should get. The international union is just like management, they don't listen unless you scream it. Thank you local 600 for having the balls to say what we all want to say. You guys have balls and are the definition of solidarity. Thanks again guys and gals of 600.

The same thing is happening at Van Dyke!! With more concessions they will hire more advisors and invite in more vendors to run equipment without any hourly people around! This is goin on more and more everyday and has not been even remotely addressed by the local!! They all have sticky fingers and put them all over the machines doing all of our jobs!!! I could count 10 new faces daily walkin around acting like they own the place tellin me to put my earplugs in even though we dont have to wear them in that area!!! I told the dude No thanx and kept walking!!!! I also gave him the F^&% Off stare as I said it! No discipline yet????

And as far as dignity and respect goes, I couldnt feel more like im being treated like a 13 or 14 year old, bein told daily by my dad how useless and stupid I am and I'll never do anything right! Like a dickhead stepdad who condescending at ever turn!!

Work groups will have full control as long as the Boss agrees with it!! They will not for one minute relinquish any control and empower a real workgroup! We would prove that all I need a boss there for is to pay me!!! THATS IT!!!!!!!

Im sorry but I ate this bullshit all day and all anyone has proven to me is how strongly I oppose any further concessions and by the way these are concessions whether you realize that now or not!! We all need to band together and send a clear message that this is horseshit from the company and The Union who we pay to insult us with such crap!!! :banghead::finger: :angry: :censored: :gang: :nonono::rant::soapbox: :slap: :slug: :kissass: :whipped: :stop: :chairshot:

Edited by 0824sgt

While Nick has made the right choice this time, all of you people from around the country need to know this.

If not for the support concerning these and past concessions that Gary Walkowitz has received by the membership, Nick would not be making this stand. People need to know Gary has been the one coming in passing out his leaflets why this is a bad deal since the day after the tentative agreement was announced.

Gary was the loudest No at that meeting Tuesday October 12th.

Gary was the most outspoken on October 13th at the Region 1A meeting, during which quit a few of the other members there mocked him when he and Bob got in a heated argument.

Again while i applaud Nicks stance on this issue I will add Nick is a very persuasive politician, he also knows what it will take to repair some of the bad decisions he has made since in office.

The main point I am trying to make is if not for the strong following that Gary has had over the last week concerning this agreement I firmly believe Nick would have remained silent publicly on these mods.

Kudos to him for taking a stand, but give the credit where it is due please.

You are 100% correct. I was accused earlier of being Gary W. campaign manager. I am not. He is just for the membership and not for the Leadership. Any concession is always a step backward. He's proven his stance many times with his flyers about saying no to any givebacks and losses to your membership. Remember this when the next vote comes around. Always remember a management that is uncomfortable with certain U.A.W reps is a rep worth fighting for.

Tony, at the last union meeting, the membership made a motion that our leadership not support this modification! Now our chairman is also the President of Sub 2 so I am very interested in seeing what is going to happen and how they are going to handle this!

Bob King was at Livonia today. One of his points about skilled trades going back to production was they would keep their base rate. Take their 4 bucks with them. King acted like this would stop Ford from laying them off, why pay them 4 bucks more than the others to do the production work. Said Ford wouldnt want to do that. Well Bob, Ford would love to do that. Ford would move that trademans to the line and layoff a production person. Thus saving money.

Talked how all these plants will get work if it passes. Isnt this extortion? "Pass this and you might get some product, dont pass it and youre SOL"

What a crock of shit this presentation was. He acted like this is a good thing. Remember Ford came to us, and when has Ford ever offered us a "good" thing.

I don't think old Bob is telling you the whole truth. More than likely they will keep their rate of pay for a period of time. Could be a week, a month even up to 6 months but it will not be indefinitely, let me assure you of that! And once you go back to the line, you will play hell getting back into the trades!

I love you Guys!!! Thanks From Evansville HVC :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Not sure about KTP or LAP but KCAP is on board with the Hell NO. Or should I say the rank and file are on board with the NO vote. I havent heard much from any of the elected officials and what their position is on this concession package. Hopefully they will have some back bone and stand up like the Detroit local and say NO as well. Only time will tell. Anybody want to take a side bet on 51-49 pass?