Mercury availability outside the US

I wish they were still in Canada. I would have gotten a Milan over the Fusion I bought last year. They pulled out 10 years ago I believe. All the Lincoln-Mercury dealers are now Ford-Lincoln dealers. And in some towns its common to see two Ford dealerships down the street from one another as one used to be the plain old Ford dealer and the other was a Lincoln-Mercury in times past.

I was perusing the Ford global website and I see that Ford has intro'ed Mercury in the middle east....I also see it available in Mexico....interesting ideas here Ford....hope you continue to grow that marquee.

Mexico gets Mercury mainly because Milan is made there so Ford sells it as a premium version of Fusion replacing Mondeo's previous position as the premium midsize sedan. The also get the Mariner but that is just for window dressing. I'm not too optimistic about Mercury's line term viability in Mexico if next generation Fusion/Milan/MKZ assembly moves to the US. I guess it will all depend on Mercury's supposed product revival in the US. I don't see why Mexico wouldn't get a Mercury version of Focus or Fiesta if they are destined for the US market too.

The Middle East market get Grand Marquis and used to have Mountaineer but both are going away (or already gone)... probably won't see them around anymore.

And Ford used to sell the Sable in a couple of different random places (like Taiwan!) but that's all gone as well.