J.D. Power Navigation Usage & Satisfaction Study 2009

Five out of the top ten is excellent! I didn't know the Fusion was alone with the Pioneer system. What's up with that when it looks like all the rest of the Ford products use Clarion?

Apparently, only MY 2009 Ford Fusions, which used the previous generation Pioneer system, were considered for this particular study. 2010 Fusions use the same Xanavi/Clarion system that earned top marks in the MKS, Flex, and F-150.

Apparently, only MY 2009 Ford Fusions, which used the previous generation Pioneer system, were considered for this particular study. 2010 Fusions use the same Xanavi/Clarion system that earned top marks in the MKS, Flex, and F-150.

Anyone else find it funny that there are differences in the ratings and the systems are exactly the same. MKX/Edge, Acadia/Outlook, etc.

Anyone else find it funny that there are differences in the ratings and the systems are exactly the same. MKX/Edge, Acadia/Outlook, etc.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I'm sure it's just because the owners of the different vehicles rated certain aspects of the systems differently than the owners of the twin vehicles using the same system.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I'm sure it's just because the owners of the different vehicles rated certain aspects of the systems differently than the owners of the twin vehicles using the same system.

Sounds about right. BTW RMC, I was looking at your COTD in person today. It is an awesome looking truck and the one thing that is weird seeing in person is the 5 1/2 ft box. I thought it was going to be a 6 1/2 for some reason.

Edited by Hugh

Sounds about right. BTW RMC, I was looking at your COTD in person today. It is an awesome looking truck and the one thing that is weird seeing in person is the 5 1/2 ft box. I thought it was going to be a 6 1/2 for some reason.

Yeah, I've seen 4 in person (2 at auto shows, 1 at the dealer, and 1 on the road). I like you think they look awesome!

Anyone know which system Ford uses on the 2010 Mustang or plans to use on the 2011 Mustang? The press release from the LA Auto Show mentioned that the 2011 would have the latest version of Sync but I didn't see anything about an upgrade to the available Nav system. Does the Mustang already use the latest Clarion system?

Anyone know which system Ford uses on the 2010 Mustang or plans to use on the 2011 Mustang? The press release from the LA Auto Show mentioned that the 2011 would have the latest version of Sync but I didn't see anything about an upgrade to the available Nav system. Does the Mustang already use the latest Clarion system?

I'm not 100% positive, but yes, I believe it uses the latest Clarion system.

The only vehicles currently using the outdated systems are Expedition/Navigator, Escape/Mariner and Edge/MKX. The Edge/MKX will be updated in less than a year, the others have sometime to go.

It's amazing how quickly Ford completely overhauled all those vehicle interiors within 2 years so they all had upgraded sat/nav.

The only vehicles currently using the outdated systems are Expedition/Navigator, Escape/Mariner and Edge/MKX. The Edge/MKX will be updated in less than a year, the others have sometime to go.

I think your incorrect with the Escape/Mariner...the 2010 got Sirruis Travel link, which would make it the same as all the other models that have nav in them.

heres the info from the Escape Hybrid page:

SIRIUS offers both SIRIUS Satellite Radio® with more than 130 channels of music, news, sports and more, and integrated SIRIUS Travel Link™ with the available voice-activated Navigation System. And right now, both come with an introductory six-month subscription. Travel Link provides real-time traffic information, current and forecast national weather information, gas prices and stations, live sports scores and schedules, and movie times with theater locations.* On top of all that, it has a 10GB hard drive so you can store approximately 2,400 songs. Browse your music with your fingertips on the touch screen or use voice activation to play back a track. What’s more, the Hybrid Energy Flow Display lets you track the powertrain’s three main modes of operation (Hybrid Drive, Electric Drive and Idle Charging) as well as the vehicle’s overall fuel economy.
Edited by silvrsvt

I took part in the survey for my 2009 Explorer Eddie Bauer. However, maybe it's a senior moment for me, but didn't see the Explorer listed. Maybe it's because the Explorer/Mountaineer isn't selling as great as the other models and thus didn't have that many navigation systems installed or just didn't get that many replies.

I gave it great grades...as far as I remember - another senior moment. HA!

ChuckZ

I just got our first orange one in yesterday. In person it's pretty stunning. Didn't think I was going to like it, but it's got an aggressive gold flake in it that really pops!

Back on topic, I'm not at all surprised by this. I've talked quite a few of my customers through the nav, and paired with SYNC, it's pretty amazing.

Sometimes I think I spend too much time going over the nav, just 'cause I get excited showing it off.

Poor people just want to drive their new car, and I'm showing them how to pull up Doppler radar! :hysterical: