1000 New jobs

TRD

For the last week news reports are saying all the same thing, 'Ford is bringing Battery Hybrid business in house' and quit buying all those batteries from Delphi-Mexico. The reports also say that they will be coming to a 'facility in Michigan, as long as the state gives them the tax breaks they want'. Any VALID information where the work might go? I'm really glad to see a 1000 jobs and the work brought back in house!!!!

For the last week news reports are saying all the same thing, 'Ford is bringing Battery Hybrid business in house' and quit buying all those batteries from Delphi-Mexico. The reports also say that they will be coming to a 'facility in Michigan, as long as the state gives them the tax breaks they want'. Any VALID information where the work might go? I'm really glad to see a 1000 jobs and the work brought back in house!!!!

Battery packs= Rawsonville

Transmissions= Van Dyke

Vehichle Assembly= Michigan Assemby (probably in the Wayne Assembly Portion)

Anywhere would be good for us! How about Livonia Transmission? Two thirds of the plant is empty. We would welcome everyone on ILO.

WIXOM seems to be a pretty good bet. With the "renewable energy park" supposedly taking over there, it would seem a battery plant would be a natural sibling to Clairvoyant Energy's solar panels and Xtreme Power's wind farm battery packs. Pure speculation on my part, but If the energy park really does come to fruition, this homer is betting on Wixom.

Edited by mrballsonya

Ford plans to close Rawsonville...just waiting for Joel to retire.

Never going to happen while there are those on ILO....can not hire any entry level until all traditional are working or offered jobs at Ford locations!

gee... havent some of us been saying this all along???

WIXOM seems to be a pretty good bet. With the "renewable energy park" supposedly taking over there, it would seem a battery plant would be a natural sibling to Clairvoyant Energy's solar panels and Xtreme Power's wind farm battery packs. Pure speculation on my part, but If the energy park really does come to fruition, this homer is betting on Wixom.

I wish you were correct, but from what I understand Ford Sold the plant and property. I don't see how we would be able to produce theses batteries using Ford Motor Company employees in a Plant that we have already sold to another company?

In the local newspaper today that Louisville has a shot at getting it.
Perhaps you remember a little spot in the road that is dead center of Mich and Louisville . It's called Indy, this plant has officailly been called to be a "warm idle " and has just a few "blues" there. Those in Chitown might get a 'temp' offer in lieu of ILO. Think about the possibility. Edited by Thewood

Perhaps you remember a little spot in the road that is dead center of Mich and Louisville . It's called Indy, this plant has officailly been called to be a "warm idle " and has just a few "blues" there. Those in Chitown might get a 'temp' offer in lieu of ILO. Think about the possibility.

Technically possible, yeah---but highly unlikely. If you work there, you know the condition of the roof. Plus, the rethuglican local & state governments won't help us.

well this probably is another rumor but possible, i heard monroe is in the picture since ford cant sell it cause of all the contamination around there, great spot since it is already a landfill

I would love to see it go to Louisville, but I believe it's Ford propaganda necessary to get Mi. moving on the tax breaks they seek. Shot across the bow...

I do not think you can rule any plant out . Whith that being said Lima Engine Plant is sitting with a lot of open floor space . Could it be the plant of choice ??

This is true, most of Ford's part plants sit 40%-70% empty. All of what was said in the Michigan papers was that it was coming to a Michigan location, pending tax breaks from state. Talk with somebody the other day and they said it was a done deal,( tax breaks).

We have 2500 on loan to ACH plants. 300 on ILO. I'm not sure if these 1000 jobs would be able to crack into the lower wage scale.

• 2 weeks later...