Trades postings. Something is fishy!

Hard Driver

From what I have been told (beyond the local level) it is being worked on. It will take a little time. Company seniority will be protected.

? I don't know what people think are being worked out down at IUAW, but temp postings will be temp with no seniority, they may be looking carefully at what is and what isn't going to be a temp job. As far a skilled with no production time keeping all their time, that is never going to happen, any change the current language would take a vota and never pass!

Sorry you didn't work production.

Skilled who chose to transfer from a closed plant into production, that new plant is now his/her home plant and will be recalled to skilled openings at the new home plant before anyone from outside get opportunity to fill those openings, regardless if they have more or less seniority, because that is the hierarchy. There is no one looking at changing that, again any changes would have to be voted on and will never pass a vote.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

? I don't know what people think are being worked out down at IUAW, but temp postings will be temp with no seniority, they may be looking carefully at what is and what isn't going to be a temp job. As far a skilled with no production time keeping all their time, that is never going to happen, any change the current language would take a vota and never pass!

Sorry you didn't work production.

Skilled who chose to transfer from a closed plant into production, that new plant is now his/her home plant and will be recalled to skilled openings at the new home plant before anyone from outside get opportunity to fill those openings, regardless if they have more or less seniority, because that is the hierarchy. There is no one looking at changing that, again any changes would have to be voted on and will never pass a vote.

I don't think you are correct about a trades transfering as production to another plant jumping ahead of others that didn't go to production. Level wrote on hear that would not happen. And Gainer told us from wixom that that would not happen. A guy with two years jumping a head of a guy with thirty plus, I don't think so. You don't jump ahead because you transfered in. If you are from a plant and got layed then you get picked back up first.

I don't think you are correct about a trades transfering as production to another plant jumping ahead of others that didn't go to production. Level wrote on hear that would not happen. And Gainer told us from wixom that that would not happen. A guy with two years jumping a head of a guy with thirty plus, I don't think so. You don't jump ahead because you transfered in. If you are from a plant and got layed then you get picked back up first.

Don't know any Gainer, but I am sure if he told you something it was true, but the interpretation that you used is in-correct. What you are saying is true unless you come from a closed facility. If you are coming from a closed facility and transfer on a permanent posting to another facility that becomes your new home plant. So now you have that as your home plant for all purposed, and under the hierarchy you will be recalled at that plant before a skilled not at that plant regardless of seniority because that is your new home plant!

Edited by Captain723

Don't know any Gainer, but I am sure if he told you something it was true, but the interpretation that you used is in-correct. What you are saying is true unless you come from a closed facility. If you are coming from a closed facility and transfer on a permanent posting to another facility that becomes your new home plant. So now you have that as your home plant for all purposed, and under the hierarchy you will be recalled at that plant before a skilled not at that plant regardless of seniority because that is your new home plant!

So you are saying someone could transfer to a new plant as production and then bump a guy in trades with less time out of his or her job ? If you are from a closed plant such as wixom. Gainer was in charge of gen from Iuaw for Wixom. I'm sure I have miss spelled his name . I think he has retired now.

Edited by wixom22

So you are saying someone could transfer to a new plant as production and then bump a guy in trades with less time out of his or her job ? If you are from a closed plant such as wixom. Gainer was in charge of gen from Iuaw for Wixom. I'm sure I have miss spelled his name . I think he has retired now.

where in my post does it say anything about bumping? I said you will be working at your new home plant as production and as that plant needs trades you will be offered in step 1 of the hierarchy!

where in my post does it say anything about bumping? I said you will be working at your new home plant as production and as that plant needs trades you will be offered in step 1 of the hierarchy!

You said it would be there home plant. If it was truely there home plant, no one with less time would be working there trade while they are on the line. Just trying to follow your logic. Don't want to get into a pissing contest about this. Can you name one time that a person has done what you say they can, while someone with more time in zone didn't get to bid the job.

Let me try to clarify this ...If you have no home plant..say you worked at a plant that is now closed and you can transfer to a new plant as a production worker, then when a skilled trade job becomes available in your trade in that plant and you have the highest seniority in your trade of the guy's working production, than you'll get that spot over anyone that is "in zone" no matter what their seniority is.

Let me try to clarify this ...If you have no home plant..say you worked at a plant that is now closed and you can transfer to a new plant as a production worker, then when a skilled trade job becomes available in your trade in that plant and you have the highest seniority in your trade of the guy's working production, than you'll get that spot over anyone that is "in zone" no matter what their seniority is.

Ya so what about the m/w from saline that went to production (he volunteered to go back he had a job as a m/w) Then he got picked up at R and E because he was working in production in local 600. The job never got posted. So yes you can jump a head of someone.

Ya so what about the m/w from saline that went to production (he volunteered to go back he had a job as a m/w) Then he got picked up at R and E because he was working in production in local 600. The job never got posted. So yes you can jump a head of someone.

[/quote

I don't know the situation but my guess is that he was a m/w at an ACH plant.then took an opportunity to be transfered to a Ford plant as a production worker , making that his new "home plant". Then when a skilled job opened up he qualified as the high seniority tradesman in his plant and was placed.

Highest seniority in your trade working production "at that plant"....but BINGO! Just look at the hierarchy....you will be step one is the best way to put it!

Edited by Captain723

[/quote

I don't know the situation but my guess is that he was a m/w at an ACH plant.then took an opportunity to be transfered to a Ford plant as a production worker , making that his new "home plant". Then when a skilled job opened up he qualified as the high seniority tradesman in his plant and was placed.

I need a fucking name and i need it yesterday . Please send it to my mail thank you. What is his seniorty????????????

Ok im one of the M/W that came from saline and i can tell you right now that all of you are wrong in your interpretations of our contract. This is what happened to me so you can understand. Saline was on its way to being sold to JCI so since there was no openings for the trade in our zone and i felt staying was a risk i didnt want to take i came to DTP as production as provided for in the contract. My trade status was the same as being on ILO even though i was on the line working (i took a pay cut back to prod. rate as well). I thought that this was my new home plant so i would be 1st in line for trade openings and that was what i was told by some union reps and company reps too....they were wrong!!!! When some openings came up here at the Rouge i thought i was back in but then the rug was pulled out from under me and told i didnt have the seniority. Come to find out im on the list for my trade in the zone and will get no Special considerations for DTP or the rouge as my "home plant" . So here i am stuck at DTP , driving hilo in production waiting for a opening in my trade in zone that i can get with my seniority. So coming to another plant does not give you a boost to the top like Capt says. Good luck to all of us displaced tradesmen and women waiting to get back to our tools. As for me its been almost 2 yrs out of the trade. Keep the faith brothers and sisters hopefully we will all be back to our trades soon.

Ok im one of the M/W that came from saline and i can tell you right now that all of you are wrong in your interpretations of our contract. This is what happened to me so you can understand. Saline was on its way to being sold to JCI so since there was no openings for the trade in our zone and i felt staying was a risk i didnt want to take i came to DTP as production as provided for in the contract. My trade status was the same as being on ILO even though i was on the line working (i took a pay cut back to prod. rate as well). I thought that this was my new home plant so i would be 1st in line for trade openings and that was what i was told by some union reps and company reps too....they were wrong!!!! When some openings came up here at the Rouge i thought i was back in but then the rug was pulled out from under me and told i didnt have the seniority. Come to find out im on the list for my trade in the zone and will get no Special considerations for DTP or the rouge as my "home plant" . So here i am stuck at DTP , driving hilo in production waiting for a opening in my trade in zone that i can get with my seniority. So coming to another plant does not give you a boost to the top like Capt says. Good luck to all of us displaced tradesmen and women waiting to get back to our tools. As for me its been almost 2 yrs out of the trade. Keep the faith brothers and sisters hopefully we will all be back to our trades soon.

Thats what I was saying in the first place. What happened to you is what we at Wixom where told from the start. Sorry to hear that you where misslead. This trades going to production and the temp postings have made things even more unclear. Stuckindtp have you been asked if you wouldn't like to work as a temp M/W at Map ?

I work production in DTP. I have good friends and family in the trades here in the rouge. There are no trades in the DTP unit. The trades are in seperate units T&D and M&C. So in the rouge you would not get offered openings higher in the hierachy in trades if you took a production job in one of the production units (DEFTP, DDMP, DSP, DTP). Because you ended up in a different unit (not T&D or M&C) you would be offered job postings as in zone and not have exclusive rights to the Trades units.

Thats what I was saying in the first place. What happened to you is what we at Wixom where told from the start. Sorry to hear that you where misslead. This trades going to production and the temp postings have made things even more unclear. Stuckindtp have you been asked if you wouldn't like to work as a temp M/W at Map ?

Yes i was offered a temp position at wayne and at romeo. But they were 30 to 90 day only and then i found out i would lose my job and shift at DTP and when then temp position was done. Meaning that when i was done i would come back to DTP and be put back in the labor pool and could be back on the line instead of driving hilo and could end up on a shift like C crew which wouldnt work for me and my family. One of my friends who came to DTP with me( hes in paint) did that first temp MW position in saline that was supposed to be 90 days he was sent back in 2 weeks for " lack of materials" and lucky for him he got his position and shift back but if he was gone for longer ....who knows...

I work production in DTP. I have good friends and family in the trades here in the rouge. There are no trades in the DTP unit. The trades are in seperate units T&D and M&C. So in the rouge you would not get offered openings higher in the hierachy in trades if you took a production job in one of the production units (DEFTP, DDMP, DSP, DTP). Because you ended up in a different unit (not T&D or M&C) you would be offered job postings as in zone and not have exclusive rights to the Trades units.

So are you saying that a MW working in Engine and one in Frame are NOT in that unit but are in M&C ????

Yea i understood that i was in a different "unit" but was told by some company and union that since DTP is part of the rouge complex that i would be offered any trades openings in the complex but like i said that didnt happen so now i wait with about the other 15 to 20 MW in zone out of our trade waiting for openings

Right the way i understand it all trades other than toolmakers are in Maintence and Construction Unit (M&C) and are loaned to the facilities in the complex like DTP,

I understand now...You are a tradesman working production in a plant that has no assigned trades....that sucks bigtime and is pretty shitty. If the trades from M&C are the guy's that do work in your plant than in my eye's you should have a right to be on their recall list as a tradesman....but that's me talking and I don't have any way of making that happen. Your union reps really need to fix that situation, to bad that they probably won't.

Edited by EvilTwin

I understand now...You are a tradesman working production in a plant that has no assigned trades....that sucks bigtime and is pretty shitty. If the trades from M&C are the guy's that do work in your plant than in my eye's you should have a right to be on their recall list as a tradesman....but that's me talking and I don't have any way of making that happen. Your union reps really need to fix that situation, to bad that they probably won't.

All trades hold seniority in the M&C or T&D Unit. Been that way since the 1940s.

So are you saying that a MW working in Engine and one in Frame are NOT in that unit but are in M&C ????

They are all either T&D or M&C unit. The buildings they are assigned to are their overtime equalization groups.

What you have to remember this is a old structure that dates back to the 1940s.

There my be a rouge tradesperson on here to go more indepth on the specifics of each unit.

I understant that but somebody really dropped the ball when they misinformed (stuckinDTP) before he decided to take the production job transfer. Now he truly is stuck.

Well im not completely stuck im just waiting like all the rest on the list for trades spots in the zone to open up and have enough seniority to make that spot mine.