Next-Gen Ford Focus unveiled! U.S. and Euro models finally united

Manual transmissions are a feature that should be allowed to go the way of the carburetor in my opinion. With that advent of ECM"s the automatic or CVT performs better in most cases anyway. The only reason we hang on to it in sports cars for the most part is to satisfy this notion that people have that a sports car "should be stick shift." It's outdated technology, let it go.

Edited by BlackHorse

Manual transmissions are a feature that should be allowed to go the way of the carburetor in my opinion. With that advent of ECM"s the automatic or CVT performs better in most cases anyway. The only reason we hang on to it in sports cars for the most part is to satisfy this notion that people have that a sports car "should be stick shift." It's outdated technology, let it go.

While I agree with you on the advancement of the technology, I still enjoy the manual. I just want it until it no longer exists or it will be the option which people will pay for.