2011 MKX revealed

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, now my MKX is going to feel really old and wimpy :(

Exterior-wise, I think that your MKX is going to age quite nicely... the eggcrate grille and squared-off headlamps are enough of a departure from the new one that it doesn't date that much to me. The interior is kind of shamed by the new one though. Time to trade up? :happy feet:

I think the Lincoln face looks better on the MKX than it does on the MKT. The interior looks fantastic.

I can tell right now that my wife is going to want to replace her LS with one of these....

MKT has always been an awkard love-child in my opinion. The whole vehicle seems oddly stretched and skewed.

I like the front, its a nice evolution, I dont really care much for the rear..its not ugly, but it doesn't tell me a story. The emblem is just sitting in a field and the first thing that draws your eye is the handle to open the liftgate. I prefer the complete wrap around light bar.

I like the front, its a nice evolution, I dont really care much for the rear..its not ugly, but it doesn't tell me a story. The emblem is just sitting in a field and the first thing that draws your eye is the handle to open the liftgate. I prefer the complete wrap around light bar.

I think this is the best way to describe my feelings of the rear as well.

Battery management: “Smart Charging”

What it is: A system that allows the battery to be charged or discharged at optimal opportunities instead of allowing the alternator to continuously charge the battery independent of customer use, which wastes energy.

Smart Charging increases the alternator output when the vehicle brakes or decelerates, converting the vehicle’s kinetic (motion) energy into electric energy without having to use additional fuel.

How it helps: The “free” electric current is used to recharge the battery so that it can be used by the electrical systems later. This could be when the engine is switched off during a stop or when the generator is operating in a less efficient mode. The battery’s advanced management system continually monitors its status and communicates with Ford’s Aggressive Deceleration Fuel Shut-Off system so the regenerative charging feature can charge the battery in the optimal way. The decel system knows how much battery charge is available so that it can leave the engine running if the battery does not have a sufficient level of charge.

In other words, regenerative breaking for a non-hybrid vehicle. Is this the first such application?