Toyota recalls more vehicles in US over floor mat

Eds: APNewsNow.

TOKYO (AP) - Toyota Motor Corp. says it will recall an

additional 1.09 million vehicles in the United States over floor

mat problems.

Toyota said Thursday the fresh recall would affect five models -

2008-2010 Highlander, 2009-2010 Corolla, 2009-2010 Venza, 2009-2010

Matrix, and 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe.

TOKYO (MarketWatch) -- Toyota Motor Corp. expanded its recall to another one million vehicles to replace floor mats that risk trapping accelerator pedals and causing sudden acceleration, the Detroit Free Press reported on its Web site Wednesday, citing a letter from Toyota to U.S. regulators.

LINK

Edited by PREMiERdrum

i EMAILED OUR LOCAL NEWS STATION ASKING WHERE THE REPORTS ARE ON THIS LATEST RECALL. TOYOTA IS BASICALLY SNEAKING ALL THESE OUT HOPING THEY FALL UNDER THE RADAR, WHICH THIS THIS ONE IS.

DAMN CAP LOCK, didn't notice until the end.

Edited by Hydro

i EMAILED OUR LOCAL NEWS STATION ASKING WHERE THE REPORTS ARE ON THIS LATEST RECALL. TOYOTA IS BASICALLY SNEAKING ALL THESE OUT HOPING THEY FALL UNDER THE RADAR, WHICH THIS THIS ONE IS.

DAMN CAP LOCK, didn't notice until the end.

Despite the State of the Union Address (usually a great time for people to sneak bad news by the press) I heard this recall mentioned on two different radio stations on my way into work this morning. First time I've heard anything about any recalls from anyone on the radio since the Firestone recall. Trust me, this is getting big.

Was hanging out with a friend of mine last night and even she (very little car knowledge) started laughing when a Toyota commercial came on TV.

Despite the State of the Union Address (usually a great time for people to sneak bad news by the press) I heard this recall mentioned on two different radio stations on my way into work this morning. First time I've heard anything about any recalls from anyone on the radio since the Firestone recall. Trust me, this is getting big.

Was hanging out with a friend of mine last night and even she (very little car knowledge) started laughing when a Toyota commercial came on TV.

Was that the Corolla commercial that had the car as the centerpiece of an action movie?