2011 F-150 Start Date

BlueOval5.0

Good news! All of the design changes, and the engineering changes to meet them, have been approved!

New time table I am hearing is that we will balance out the 2010 models sometime around the end of this month/beginning of next month with 2011 production beginning immediately after. Basically a running model change. When the date gets closer I will update.

There will be the usual delivery hold while they are checked over, so November is a possibility for dealer deliveries.

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news! All of the design changes, and the engineering changes to meet them, have been approved!

New time table I am hearing is that we will balance out the 2010 models sometime around the end of this month/beginning of next month with 2011 production beginning immediately after. Basically a running model change. When the date gets closer I will update.

There will be the usual delivery hold while they are checked over, so November is a possibility for dealer deliveries.

Cool, thanks for the info Pioneer!

According to Ford, the Job Last Date for the 2010 F-150 is November 12th with the 2011 F-150 Job #1 date still November 16th. 2011 F-150 scheduling doesn't start until October 14th!

Up here in the Great White North, Ford has a couple of incentives I'd like to get in on. They end on 09/30. Can anybody give me a guesstimate on the date the order book opens?

I'm waiting for a SCab FX2 w/ Luxury package. I almost cried when I saw the order guide yesterday and saw that it would be available.

Up here in the Great White North, Ford has a couple of incentives I'd like to get in on. They end on 09/30. Can anybody give me a guesstimate on the date the order book opens?

I'm waiting for a SCab FX2 w/ Luxury package. I almost cried when I saw the order guide yesterday and saw that it would be available.

As "akirby" correctly stated, you'd have to take delivery by September 30th and the 2011 F-150 doesn't even go into production until mid-November.

As "akirby" correctly stated, you'd have to take delivery by September 30th and the 2011 F-150 doesn't even go into production until mid-November.

Promotion #1...Employee Pricing

Employee Pricing ("Employee Pricing") is available from Sep. 1/10 to Sep. 30/10 (the "Program Period") on the purchase or lease of most new 2010/2011 Ford vehicles (excluding 2010/2011 F-150 Raptor, F-Series Chassis Cabs, E-Series Cutaways and Stripped Chassis, F-650/F-750 and 2011 Mustang Shelby GT 500 and Explorer). Employee Pricing refers to A-Plan pricing ordinarily available to Ford employees (excluding any CAW negotiated bonuses or other periodic employee special offers). The new vehicle must be delivered or factory ordered during the Program Period from your participating Ford Dealer. This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both. Employee Pricing is raincheckable and combinable with the Commercial Connection Program but not combinable with, CPA, GPC, CFIP, Daily Rental Allowance, A/X/Z/D/F-Plan and A/Z-Plan Loyalty program incentives.

Promotion #2...Recycle Your Ride

$3300 combined ($300 Government & $3000 Ford Canada) off price of F-150

Program in effect from July 1 to September 30, 2010 (the “Program Period”). To qualify for a Ford Recycle Your Ride Program (“RYR”) rebate (“Rebate(s)”), customer must qualify for and take part in either the “Retire Your Ride Program” delivered by Summerhill Impact with financial support from the Government of Canada, or Summerhill Impact's "Car Heaven Program". To qualify for the "Retire Your Ride Program", which offers $300 cash or rebate on the purchase of a 2004 or newer vehicle, customer must turn in a 1995 model year or older vehicle in running condition (able to start and move) which has been properly registered and insured for the last 6 months (12 months in B.C.) to an authorized recycler. To qualify for the "Car Heaven Program", customer must turn in a 2003 model year or older vehicle in running condition which has been registered and insured for the last 6 months to an authorized recycler. If a customer qualifies for Car Heaven or Retire Your Ride, Ford of Canada (“Ford”) will provide an additional Rebate, with the purchase or lease of an eligible new 2010/2011 Ford or Lincoln vehicle, in the amount of $1,000 (Focus, Fusion Mustang, Transit Connect, Ranger), $2,000 (Taurus, Escape, Edge, Flex , Explorer, Sport Trac), or $3,000 (F150, F250-550, E-Series, Expedition, MKZ, MKS, MKX, MKT, Navigator) (each an “Eligible Vehicle”), paid in Canadian dollars in the form of a cheque from Ford. To be eligible for a Rebate, Ford must receive from customer, within 30 days of delivery: (1) signed RYR Claim Form; (2) signed original ownership transferring customer vehicle to Car Heaven or Retire Your Ride, or "Authorized Recycler Drop-Off Receipt". RYR Rebates are available to residents of Canada only excluding Northwest Territories, Yukon Territory, and Nunavut. Eligible Vehicle must be purchased, leased, or factory ordered during the Program Period to qualify for a Rebate. Rebates can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both. Rebates are raincheckable. Rebates not available on any vehicle receiving CPA, GPC, Commercial Connection, or Daily Rental Rebates and Commercial Fleet Incentive Program (CFIP). Limited time offer, see dealer for details or call Ford Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673. © 2010 Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited. All rights reserved.

Come on order book...

News flash.......those are programs, NOT incentives. Big difference.

News Flash...sarcasm neither required nor appreciated.

Excuse my terminology. As my post count shows, I'm kinda the new kid here. Regardless, call them what you will. If the bottom line puts money in my pocket, what's the practical difference to me?

News Flash...sarcasm neither required nor appreciated.

Excuse my terminology. As my post count shows, I'm kinda the new kid here. Regardless, call them what you will. If the bottom line puts money in my pocket, what's the practical difference to me?

The difference is obvious - programs can be applied when you order the car. Incentives cannot. Incentives is an industry standard term referring to rebates and special interest rate financing and there are very specific rules about incentives (e.g. they only apply at the time you take delivery, not when you order).

It's an important distinction when you're talking about ordering a vehicle. Many people mistakenly believe (or are told by their dealer or someone else) that they get the incentives that are offered when they order and that's simply not the case. We were just making sure that you understood that since we thought you were actually talking about incentives rather than discount programs. It's a common mistake.

I take things literally so if you say incentives then I assume you meant incentives.

The difference is obvious ...

akirby, I honestly appreciate the clarification.

One way or another, I really want this truck and I really want the bottom line to be as low as possible. The best way for this to happen is if I order it in September.

Mods, please feel free to move this post for wandering too far off topic, but I do have a further question about what I'll end up paying.

In the Employee Pricing legalese is the following line:

This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both. Employee Pricing is raincheckable

Does this mean that if Ford comes out with low rate financing on October 1 (or anytime before I take delivery),that I get Employee Pricing AND the cheaper financing? It seems unlikely, but the wording does seem to say that you can use the Employee Pricing deal "in conjunction with" the offers at Delivery. This could also just be the case if delivery is during the period of the program.

Edited by PitCritter

akirby, I honestly appreciate the clarification.

One way or another, I really want this truck and I really want the bottom line to be as low as possible. The best way for this to happen is if I order it in September.

Mods, please feel free to move this post for wandering too far off topic, but I do have a further question about what I'll end up paying.

In the Employee Pricing legalese is the following line:

This offer can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both. Employee Pricing is raincheckable

Does this mean that if Ford comes out with low rate financing on October 1 (or anytime before I take delivery),that I get Employee Pricing AND the cheaper financing? It seems unlikely, but the wording does seem to say that you can use the Employee Pricing deal "in conjunction with" the offers at Delivery. This could also just be the case if delivery is during the period of the program.

I think it means that if Ford offers employee pricing when you order the vehicle but drops it later in favor of large rebates (there's really no difference between employee pricing at $2000 below invoice or a $2000 rebate - it's the same discount) that you cannot get both the employee pricing AND the large rebates. You have to pick one or the other. This keeps you from double dipping and taking a double discount. You get the best deal of the two - either what was in place when you ordered or what's offered when you take delivery, but not both.

According to Ford, the Job Last Date for the 2010 F-150 is November 12th with the 2011 F-150 Job #1 date still November 16th. 2011 F-150 scheduling doesn't start until October 14th!

If I have learned one thing working for Ford, it's "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

I'm just going by what I am being told by the engineers. Maybe I should just stop posting what I am being told, since it usually changes day to day.

If I have learned one thing working for Ford, it's "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."

I'm just going by what I am being told by the engineers. Maybe I should just stop posting what I am being told, since it usually changes day to day.

Nevertheless it's been helpful and I thank you for your posts.

Please don't stop with ford it is what it is and u give us the info to the best of your knowlege which is way more than we can get anywhere else :happy feet:

To my eyes, it looks like the 5.0 is positioned to replace the 5.4, not the 4.6.

I don't think any new engine is a direct replacement for any old engine. Ford offers 4 new engines, just so happens that 3 of the 4 are better (on paper with HP/Torque numbers) than ALL of the engines from previous years. More choice for buyers.

To my eyes, it looks like the 5.0 is positioned to replace the 5.4, not the 4.6.

If you look at all the info Ford has released about engine availability and their competition comparison charts, the 5.0L slots where the 4.6L 3V did and the 3.5L EB and 6.2L slot where the 5.4L did.

Edited by atvman

I don't think any new engine is a direct replacement for any old engine. Ford offers 4 new engines, just so happens that 3 of the 4 are better (on paper with HP/Torque numbers) than ALL of the engines from previous years. More choice for buyers.

I agree 100%.

All 3 willl be "better" than the 5.4L in every aspect (apples to apples)

If the 5.0L is touted as a replacement for the 4.6L 3V, then it should be priced in that same ballpark right?

In another thread here on Blue Oval a guy just ordered one. The 5.0 cost $830. So the 3.7 V6 must be standard and each optional engine has added cost. I am waiting on another guy here to tell me what he paid for the 6.2 that he just ordered.

What do they do with the 2011 preproductions? Are the sent out to customers or...

They are driven around to evaluate rattles and road noise. Some are used for cooling mules and emission testing. Most are then disassembled to see how certain parts are standing up to wear or to evaluate the build process/training.

The ones that are not disassembled are crushed.