Edge 2011 Release Date

pookie63

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the most recent info I've found

http://www.phharval.com/images/stories/News-and-Media/Motor-Company-News/US/2010/021510FordUSBOSU2.pdf

says Job 1 is June 7

so

unless Ford's perfect launches are getting faster too ...late July?

My local dealer had a 2011 Edge on display for viewing. Pictures

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/4903-2011-availability-pricing/page__gopid__38538entry38538

• 3 weeks later...

Job1 was pushed to July 12 according to the latest information to fleets.

I have a 2011 MKX order scheduled to be built during the first week of production. My VIN was assigned on May 13 with production scheduled for the week of July 12. Delivery date is an unknown though, as no 2011s will be released from the factory until production units are deemed ready for consumer sale, so they could sit for a while if there are any quality or other issues that need to be addressed. I will post timing updates as they are published.

• 2 weeks later...

Here ya go

I ordered my new Edge Sport with just about every option this past Monday (6/14).. Didnt get my build date yet, but havent called there yet either. Excited to see when they actually start shipping units. Went in with an order guide and had every option circled and they just looked sideways at me. MSRP is pricing reflected on order sheet as of now (for order). MSRP can be found at cars.com

I thought a I4 EB was going to be offered on the 2011 MY.

If it does end up being offered in MY 2011, the Ecoboost I4 will come late in the production cycle (probably no earlier than 4Q 2010). 2012 MY Job 1 for the Edge is tentatively scheduled shortly afterward on January 31, 2011, so I have to wonder if Ford will just wait until then to release this configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2011 MKX order scheduled to be built during the first week of production. My VIN was assigned on May 13 with production scheduled for the week of July 12. Delivery date is an unknown though, as no 2011s will be released from the factory until production units are deemed ready for consumer sale, so they could sit for a while if there are any quality or other issues that need to be addressed. I will post timing updates as they are published.

I pre-Ordered in May but haven't gotten any info or acknowledgment. How did you learn that your VIN was assigned?

I've asked my dealer a few times for an update but he says there's no info yet.

I pre-Ordered in May but haven't gotten any info or acknowledgment. How did you learn that your VIN was assigned?

[/quote

2010's are done. 11's went through body yesterday, paint and trim today. 1 week vacation shutdown. release mid to late July.

[/quote

2010's are done. 11's went through body yesterday, paint and trim today. 1 week vacation shutdown. release mid to late July.

Thanks for the update!

I ordered my 2011 Edge Limited May 13th. How soon will my dealer have a production date for "my" Edge? I'm so excited about it I can't stand the wait!

I drove by the FORD plant in Oakville Ontario a couple of days ago and noticed a group of new Edge's in the holding lot. I suppose they must be getting ready to commence shipping to dealers.

Maybe someone on this subject can help.

I'm about to pre-order my Edge Sport. The only thing i'm waiting for is to figure out where i need it deliverd. I might be relocating someplace so I'm waiting to find that out.

My question is.. should i go ahead and preorder it or just get a new one when they come out to the dealers in the area.

I've heard that people that preorder this as late as I am are getting their personal vehicle months after its already been out.

Just like everyone else. I want mine as soon as possible but it would kill me to see them sitting in lots or other people driving them while i'm still waiting for mine, lol

Maybe someone on this subject can help.

I'm about to pre-order my Edge Sport. The only thing i'm waiting for is to figure out where i need it deliverd. I might be relocating someplace so I'm waiting to find that out.

My question is.. should i go ahead and preorder it or just get a new one when they come out to the dealers in the area.

I've heard that people that preorder this as late as I am are getting their personal vehicle months after its already been out.

Just like everyone else. I want mine as soon as possible but it would kill me to see them sitting in lots or other people driving them while i'm still waiting for mine, lol

I think it depends on what you want on your Sport - if you have very specific wants, you are better off building. But if you would just rather have one sooner than waiting for "yours" then wait until they hit the lots and buy from a dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

My local Ford Dealership has less knowledge of this vehicle than i do. They actually had a Ford Rep come to the dealership to conduct a class on how to operate the new MyTouch. But they still dont know the release date.

Any new word on when the release of the Ford Edge is going to be? I know the time is getting near.

• 4 weeks later...