MAP Opening

mtplifer

Can anyone tell me when the old Michigan Truck Plant is opening for production? Who is eligible to transfer into MAP...is it WAP people first, then the ILO's?

Nov is when we are shifting production from WAP to MAP. I believe our people will be placed there fist because there jobs at WAP will be gone. You must remember that alot of people went to WAP from the truck plant when they shut down.

• Like 1

I guess it all depends on a third shift. I know ISA doesn't need peeps, we're already running 3. And if they do put on a third shift I think they'll open up the postings for both WAP & ISA peeps first and everybody else will get the rest.

Isn't this a brand new plant or is this still going to be the truck plant and building trucks?

"Brand New"? The "Truck Plant" made school busses, station wagons, F-150's, Expeditions and so on and so forth. Can you name 1 Ford plant in the United States that has only produced 1 vehicle? This is not a brand new plant. When we get a heavy rain, the garbage cans and plastic will be out in full force. Our roof leaks like an 80 year old drinking beer.

• Like 1

"Brand New"? The "Truck Plant" made school busses, station wagons, F-150's, Expeditions and so on and so forth. Can you name 1 Ford plant in the United States that has only produced 1 vehicle? This is not a brand new plant. When we get a heavy rain, the garbage cans and plastic will be out in full force. Our roof leaks like an 80 year old drinking beer.

last week they had a large crew on top patching holes.. see how long that lasts lol..

MTP people were sent to infiltrate WAP & ISA to quietly take it over and make it ours. :gang:

How did that work out for you at the last election at WAP? 2 of our production workers spanked your 2 ex reps. I think most of the ex truckers love it here, they do not want to go back to the old truck committee. I mean seriously you guys could not have headphones, talk on your bluetooths on the line(ya lets go back to them days). At WAP we can have laptops, TV 's . No brainer! Not to mention they gave the farm away(prep time in paint, hilo dept) without the guarantee of product , way to go, while they are comfortably sitting downtown. Gosh i hope you guys take the two plants over MTPer you guys did such a fine job closing the last one. By the way find a new name, MTP is closed.

Edited by 900ranger
  • Like 2

How did that work out for you at the last election at WAP? 2 of our production workers spanked your 2 ex reps. I think most of the ex truckers love it here, they do not want to go back to the old truck committee. I mean seriously you guys could not have headphones, talk on your bluetooths on the line(ya lets go back to them days). At WAP we can have laptops, TV 's . No brainer! Not to mention they gave the farm away(prep time in paint, hilo dept). While they are comfortably sitting downtown. Gosh i hope you guys take the two plants over MTPer you guys did such a fine job closing the last one. By the way find a new name, MTP isclosed.

And in the not too distant future WAP will no longer exist as well.

• Like 1

How did that work out for you at the last election at WAP? 2 of our production workers spanked your 2 ex reps. I think most of the ex truckers love it here, they do not want to go back to the old truck committee. I mean seriously you guys could not have headphones, talk on your bluetooths on the line(ya lets go back to them days). At WAP we can have laptops, TV 's . No brainer! Not to mention they gave the farm away(prep time in paint, hilo dept) without the guarantee of product , way to go, while they are comfortably sitting downtown. Gosh i hope you guys take the two plants over MTPer you guys did such a fine job closing the last one. By the way find a new name, MTP is closed.

Damn it was just a joke.......chill. NO wonder the UAW has a bad name, it's people like you who watch tv, talk on your bluetooth while trying to work. Just something you would want to post on a forum for everybody to see what an A**. It's people like you who give us a bad name. You're the toothless bastard that gets interviewed at the front gate while leaving early and spouting off about things you know nothing about while trying to be everyones friend but willing to throw them under the bus at a drop of a hat so you can get that appointed position that you'll never get. Your also the suck A** that stands at the back of the union hall during meetings getting the nod to try and shut people up when they have questions that they want answers to. All you'll ever be is someones BITCH.

• Like 1

Damn it was just a joke.......chill. NO wonder the UAW has a bad name, it's people like you who watch tv, talk on your bluetooth while trying to work. Just something you would want to post on a forum for everybody to see what an A**. It's people like you who give us a bad name. You're the toothless bastard that gets interviewed at the front gate while leaving early and spouting off about things you know nothing about while trying to be everyones friend but willing to throw them under the bus at a drop of a hat so you can get that appointed position that you'll never get. Your also the suck A** that stands at the back of the union hall during meetings getting the nod to try and shut people up when they have questions that they want answers to. All you'll ever be is someones BITCH.

UAW does not have a bad name becauase people at WAP can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time. To have you know are quality is top notch @ WAP because we(membership) have high morale , because of our freedoms. Just saying that alot of ex truckers claimed it was a dungon over there and miserable because it was ran like a prison. I cant believe the truck union would allow that. I do have teeth and have never been interviewed by media. Sorry! And if i stated things that are false as you claim "spout off about things you know nothing about" tell me what they are.

1) You had no freedoms TRUE

2) Your committee gave the farm away TRUE

3) Your plant closed TRUE

4) Your leadership is sitting pretty TRUE

• Like 1

I can't believe this WAP versus MTP shit is STILL going on. MTP is no longer & WAP will be no longer pretty soon so both sides will be in the same boat as MAPers. For f**k sake guys, let it go or you're going to make

the change over to MAP more miserable than it has to be. :(

I can't believe this WAP versus MTP shit is STILL going on. MTP is no longer & WAP will be no longer pretty soon so both sides will be in the same boat as MAPers. For f**k sake guys, let it go or you're going to make

the change over to MAP more miserable than it has to be. :(

Will both WAP and MTP have RTBU to a new plant that neither have come from, or will they have to get in line with all the ILO's for a job at the new plant?

Will both WAP and MTP have RTBU to a new plant that neither have come from, or will they have to get in line with all the ILO's for a job at the new plant?

RTBU stands for return to basic UNIT.

Whoever came from the WAP Unit will return to the WAP unit which is, from what I understand the Unit representing MAP.

Hope this helps............

RTBU stands for return to basic UNIT.

Whoever came from the WAP Unit will return to the WAP unit which is, from what I understand the Unit representing MAP.

Hope this helps............

That makes sence. they will still be making the same vehicles. What will happen to the people from the closed MTP? Are they all placed somewhere?

Most of the people from MTP were placed @ either WAP or ISA almost 1 1/2 years ago, some were picked up else where. What job you are doing now @ WAP or ISA is what job your going to be doing @ MAP. So whoever comes to MAP either RTBU, ILO or zone transfers they will get work available. Not sure if its just 3 shift or if there going to post jobs before people come and shuffle from there. Right now ISA (Body Shop) doesn't need people we are already running 3 shifts.

Edited by MTP'er

Most of the people from MTP were placed @ either WAP or ISA almost 1 1/2 years ago, some were picked up else where. What job you are doing now @ WAP or ISA is what job your going to be doing @ MAP. So whoever comes to MAP either RTBU, ILO or zone transfers they will get work available. Not sure if its just 3 shift or if there going to post jobs before people come and shuffle from there. Right now ISA (Body Shop) doesn't need people we are already running 3 shifts.

What about beth does she get to go to wayne...

What about beth does she get to go to wayne...

Beth is awaiting a ruling my NLRB as to whether she goes to wayne due to the fact that the political caucus in place is afraid of her so they denied her the same opportunity that the rest of us were afforded by seniority and because bill and the rest of his blind following committee that cant think for themselves are afraid of beth due to the fact people know she is fair and honest. It truly disgusts me, as it does others, what our union leadership has become from the top down, i think our vote on the concessions they tried to shove down our throats shows that!!. Favortism and nepotism rule, it doesnt matter who is best for the job, it matters who can suck the most ass! It really doesnt matter what plant you go to at this moment, they are all ran the same. It will take a movement, a revolution to get things back to the way they need to be, the way they use to be. But unfortunatly people want things to change but they dont show up when they are needed to help make a change. Isnt just a few moments out of your life worth being able to know you will be treated fairly without having to do something to sacrifice your integrity to recieve the same benefits that should be yours afforded by your local agreement? Wake up people, look around you...everyone is saying the same thing but doing nothing about it!!! You know who I am, no pseudoism here. If you are like minded contact me or Gary Walkowitz at DTP..lets make a change.

Beth is awaiting a ruling my NLRB as to whether she goes to wayne due to the fact that the political caucus in place is afraid of her so they denied her the same opportunity that the rest of us were afforded by seniority and because bill and the rest of his blind following committee that cant think for themselves are afraid of beth due to the fact people know she is fair and honest. It truly disgusts me, as it does others, what our union leadership has become from the top down, i think our vote on the concessions they tried to shove down our throats shows that!!. Favortism and nepotism rule, it doesnt matter who is best for the job, it matters who can suck the most ass! It really doesnt matter what plant you go to at this moment, they are all ran the same. It will take a movement, a revolution to get things back to the way they need to be, the way they use to be. But unfortunatly people want things to change but they dont show up when they are needed to help make a change. Isnt just a few moments out of your life worth being able to know you will be treated fairly without having to do something to sacrifice your integrity to recieve the same benefits that should be yours afforded by your local agreement? Wake up people, look around you...everyone is saying the same thing but doing nothing about it!!! You know who I am, no pseudoism here. If you are like minded contact me or Gary Walkowitz at DTP..lets make a change.

THANK YOU !

Things can't be that bad? All the former 900 reps end up downtown...... I'm a Poet but didn't know it........