Where's the Regal?

2010TB

That's because it's not pretty well 2011. :shades:

Doh! Typo!

I looked at the LaCrosse before I bought the Taurus in December. It was a bit too 'luxury' for me. But I specifically mentioned to the salesman what a shame it was that they'd quit making the Regal. I picked up the Taurus on 12-21, and I think it was that night at work that I saw something on the Internet about the Regal (quite by accident). Seems a shame that a Buick salesman didn't know anything about what's bound to be a huge launch for them.

Doh! Typo!

I looked at the LaCrosse before I bought the Taurus in December. It was a bit too 'luxury' for me. But I specifically mentioned to the salesman what a shame it was that they'd quit making the Regal. I picked up the Taurus on 12-21, and I think it was that night at work that I saw something on the Internet about the Regal (quite by accident). Seems a shame that a Buick salesman didn't know anything about what's bound to be a huge launch for them.

The salesman may have known, but usually the dealerships want to sell what they currently have in stock, here and NOW not a future "maybe" sale.

Doh! Typo!

Salesman almost universally don't know squat about the cars, the company, or the automotive industry in general. I've heard about salesman at Jeep lots trying to sell a Wrangler and looking under the dash for the hood release. They are a joke. Visit any of the Mustang forums and read the ire of Mustang fans who can't get a straight answer from any knowledgable sales people about ordering the 2011 Mustang or when it will arrive. They don't know and they don't care. What they care about is selling a car that is on the lot right now.

As for Buick. I think what they need to do is bring back the Grand National.

... They don't know and they don't care. What they care about is selling a car that is on the lot right now.

Yeah, I suppose they get a lot more 'talkers' than serious buyers. I made a point of parking the new Taurus right up front when I took back the LaCrosse brochure a few days later.

I did buy a 2010 Mustang, but not because of pressure from the salesman to buy that over the '11... and they had a lot full of '10s. They just wouldn't commit to a firm price on an order (and neither would a second local Ford dealer).

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a truckload of Regals on I-70 westbound just over the Pennsylvania line today. So I guess they're rolling out on schedule.

Thanks! If they don't 'over luxury' that car, I think they'll sell a bunch of 'em.

I saw the Regal GS in person at the Chicago Auto Show and it was pretty hot. They need to make a GSX version with a turbocharged V6.

I remember laughing at all the put-downs on Autoblog and Jalopnik like "GS? That's lame, they should make a GN." from a whole lot of people who had no clue what the Gran Sport was.

Unfortunately, if they do manage to make an Aura Regal GSX, there's going to be a lot of howling from the 'purists.'

I remember laughing at all the put-downs on Autoblog and Jalopnik like "GS? That's lame, they should make a GN." from a whole lot of people who had no clue what the Gran Sport was.

Unfortunately, if they do manage to make an Aura Regal GSX, there's going to be a lot of howling from the 'purists.'

They can howl away, but it won't be the first time a GSX badge has adorned a Regal. These cars are actually quite the sleepers too.

2002-buick-regal-gs-pic-50373.jpeg

They can howl away, but it won't be the first time a GSX badge has adorned a Regal. These cars are actually quite the sleepers too.

2002-buick-regal-gs-pic-50373.jpeg

I will be the first to admit the new Regal looks good but when the Fusion only had around 200hp everyone trashed it. The base Regal has what 220 and everyone seems to ge gushing over it. I owned a 97 Regal GS hands down the worst car I have ever parked in my driveway including a Renult Encore (I was in college and it was given to me). I know these two Regals have nothing in common but I still wouldn't own one. Everyone said at the time I must have just gotton a bad example but many of the issues with the car were present in other Regals and Impala's I drove up through 2002.

Ok that being said I do like some of the new GM SUV's and Cadilacs.

I will be the first to admit the new Regal looks good but when the Fusion only had around 200hp everyone trashed it. The base Regal has what 220 and everyone seems to ge gushing over it....

Hasn't Fusion always had the V6 option? Maybe they were trashing it because it was UGLY. The Regal, inside and out, makes the Fusion look like a turd. It's marginally better now than the 1st gen, but not enough. I'm not quite sure why, but it reminds me of a Maverick.

Hasn't Fusion always had the V6 option? Maybe they were trashing it because it was UGLY. The Regal, inside and out, makes the Fusion look like a turd. It's marginally better now than the 1st gen, but not enough. I'm not quite sure why, but it reminds me of a Maverick.

Yes, but the original Fusion's V6 only made 221-hp.

Fusion? Ugly? Turd? Hmmm. Considering its continued gain in popularity, I would say plenty of people disagree with you. The new Regal is nice looking too, if not somewhat dull.

Fusion? Ugly? Turd? Hmmm. Considering its continued gain in popularity, I would say plenty of people disagree with you. The new Regal is nice looking too, if not somewhat dull.

I agree it's nice looking. I don't like how the spoiler is integrated (or rather, not integrated) into the design, but other than that I don't mind it.

Dull may be a better word for the Fusion than ugly. Lots of folks (myself included at one time) can overlook the dull/ugly design and accept it for what it is... a reasonably roomy, reasonably comfortable, affordable sedan with a large trunk that gets good mileage. I bought the Fusion when gas was near $4.00 and I was driving 110 miles every day in a RAM 1500 at 18mpg.