Ford Start Concept

I thought there would be all kinds of negative comments on here about this, but you all seem to like it......

....I however, hope it never goes any futher than these photos. Don't care for it.

Not.

One.

Bit.

I think it goes three steps backwards from Ford's "kinetic" theme. I understand it's a study in simplicity and all, but no thanks.

JMHO, of course!!

hear what you are saying, i just like the simplicity...and i have a gut feeling its design cues may be indicative of the next gen Ka.....I swear, cars are becoming WAY too complex...deliveries are MIND NUMBING.....

French used to own the micro car market until 2 years ago in Europe, along come a new upstart it did not even bother to work the hard way up the market buy building up gradual market share year on year it just went straight to the top No 1 spot.

Ford and Fiat built two cars off the same platform using the same running gear, so how did it turn out.

Fords brilliant KA in my own personnel is No 2 best car you can buy in microcar market it returns an incredible 76 MPG which is the main selling point for cars in this class of car, the KA looks superb but last time l looked it was No 8 best seller in this class.

LINK

So how did Fiats 500 that uses the same platform, same powerplants, same running gear do?

It wiped the smile off the face of the French and became No1 best seller with 50's spaceship "Fly me to the moon" charm with its bakelite look classic styled interior, its classic retro shaped exterior helped it to return a much better 85.6 MPG, which got voted the the most beautiful sexy piece of tin by magazines and websites around the world. Its classic design looks helps it with one of the best residuals in the business that why Britains biggest driving school ordered 14,000 of them because the Fiat 500 holds it price which pissed GM off as they used to supply the Corsa for BSM every few years.

LINK

Ford Start look like it is trying to copy Audi come KA 90's throwback backwards in styling, so expect Audi sales numbers to go with it, so if it replaces the KA sales will sink rather than grow at a staggering sales numbers the new KA is seeing at the moment.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

It reminds me of a microcar '49 Ford. Very nice.

I always wondered if I would live long enough to see wraparound greenhouse come back to production - with mfg. cost, safety considerations. Notwithstanding, I would bet that it will enhance the perception of interior space about 4x making it seem like a 'B' class vehicle.

Now......... how do make wraparound glass again...............???

I always wondered if I would live long enough to see wraparound greenhouse come back to production - with mfg. cost, safety considerations. Notwithstanding, I would bet that it will enhance the perception of interior space about 4x making it seem like a 'B' class vehicle.

Now......... how do make wraparound glass again...............???

Wrap around windshields came out later. 49 still used a split flat glass.