Ford recalls about 33,000 vehicles

While a recall is a recall, most buyers are mature enough to see which manufacturers have glaring safety issues and which have niggling faults. I don't doubt that recalls of Ford products are an annoyance to consumers but also reassuring that the Faults are picked up and resolved..

I hope that's true.

But in "Recall of the Day" headlines, some consumers may drift to the company that have fewer negatives.

Well then the timing of a great Q1 result and increased sales on the strength of Ford's improving quality perception will do much to blunt any negative calls regarding recalls. It is up to Bill Ford and Alan Mulally to focus the press on the positives and reassure buyers that recalls are Ford's way of proactively resolving any safety doubts with their products.

Like I said, it's how you deal with the problem that's important.

As a consumer, "How am I being treated" is upper most in their mind....

Edited by jpd80

At this point, it's not the market that is the problem. It could be the quality issues with the 2010 Fusion.

There are two major and one minor issues with the Fusion right now.

1. Safety recall

2. Transmission issues with the 2.5L.

3. Heater core noise issues.

Mr. Buffett (you misspelled his name) also said, "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. "

You can buy "HYMLF" on E-Trade.

troll troll troll your boat gently down the stream...

I hope that's true.

But in "Recall of the Day" headlines, some consumers may drift to the company that have fewer negatives.

merrily merrily merrily merrily....gently down the (internet) stream :hysterical:

• Like 1

Are you calling me a jackass?

Richard enjoys putting others down on this forum. I think it's stepping outside of what he should do as a moderator, but I'm not sure there's much we can do. Next time he'll bring with him the BON posse.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Richard enjoys putting others down on this forum. I think it's stepping outside of what he should do as a moderator, but I'm not sure there's much we can do. Next time he'll bring with him the BON posse.

hysterical.gif

Not sure what was said to upset him.

I do expect an apology.pig.gif

All this over a seat recliner? Jeez, show me one mainstream auto manufacturer that has not had a recall. Pick your battles, this sure ain't it.

Exactly, this is about a seat recliner gear and pawl that may or may not be engaging properly.

It's quite strange how people think a simple recall now means that Ford's quality is in the tubes..

Very strange...

I could say the same thing about people that post 12 year old Camrys claiming SUA but I don't........

Right.

Trolling is context driven, you (insert insult here).

Posting SUA allegations on a Toyota board= trolling. Accusing Ford of arrogantly ignoring quality problems on a Ford board= trolling.

BTW, you're amusing me less and less these days. In consultation with the other mods, you may find your login and password no longer valid around here.

• Like 2

I fail to see why this Ford recall is even being compared to Toyota's present troubles.

Toyota only have themselves to blame for their woes, no one else.

Ford is showing how you get proactive and keep customers happy and avoid any future worries..

I think it's time Toyota followed Ford's business principles for a while....

Edited by jpd80

Right.

Trolling is context driven, you (insert insult here).

Posting SUA allegations on a Toyota board= trolling. Accusing Ford of arrogantly ignoring quality problems on a Ford board= trolling.

BTW, you're amusing me less and less these days. In consultation with the other mods, you may find your login and password no longer valid around here.

Dear COD,

It's your board. I have never named called, been rude, or any other ill manners. I simply don't believe I have to lower myself to what others resort to. All I have done is point out a few things here when the Toyota hate has gone overboard.

If you don't wish a little disagreement on these things. Then it is certainly your call.

As a matter of fact, being the gentleman I am, just tell me if you no longer wish for me to post, I'll leave, you won't have to "block me".

Thank you.

Edited by CKNSLS

any other ill manners.

All you do here is accuse other people of being wrong and biased--though never in so many words.

That's ALL you do here.

And, where I come from, that's rude.

Am I rude to you? Yes. At times out of frustration, at times because I think you should be on the receiving end of the jackass treatment that you dish out to everyone else.

For you to ever so subtly suggest that the mere presence of a handicap parking permit means driver incompetence, and then insist that you've never behaved in an ill-mannered fashion--

Inexcusable.

• Like 1

If you were a gentleman, we would not be having this conversation.

If you were a gentleman, you would have contributed something worthwhile to this forum, instead of spending all your time here accusing others of being at best misinformed and at worst bigots.

Thanks for the opportunity to share my thoughts. I am off this board.