New Exporer might miss its target

theoldwizard

All I have to say is that your fucking retarded if you drive this every day...and this comes from someone who has a 125 mile drive to work one way

I couldn't handle 125 miles each way. I did 105 miles round trip for 7 years, 3-4 days/week, and that was enough for me!

You planning to relocate?

You planning to relocate?

Of Course! When you get offered a job that offers a nearly a 20% pay raise, better working conditions, a cheaper cost of living and is just under 2 hours from where you currently live from Friends and Family....its a no brainer. I just can't do it right now with the real estate market is in my area...I'm planning on staying in a hotel 4 days a week and then finding a room to rent via Craigslist as a more long term solution.

Of Course! When you get offered a job that offers a nearly a 20% pay raise, better working conditions, a cheaper cost of living and is just under 2 hours from where you currently live from Friends and Family....its a no brainer. I just can't do it right now with the real estate market is in my area...I'm planning on staying in a hotel 4 days a week and then finding a room to rent via Craigslist as a more long term solution.

Sounds like you may come out on top then! :)

Good luck and hope it works out well for you!

DerricK Kuzak picked up ecoboost and sold it to the US executives convincing them that a 20% fuel economy improvement seemed likely but all of this was done without the Ford NA power train division given the chance to verify the claims. By the time they told management that a lot of work was needed to honour 20% fule economy improvement claims, the advertising people were already touting to the buying public at the NAIAS so Ford could hardly withdraw the claim that Explorer Americana 2.0 I-4 EB would give up to 30% better fuel economy than the existing 4.0 V6.

I will add that US emission standards do NOT allow the lean operation that the EcoBoost engine is capable of, so the same engine, in the same vehicle, in the US will always get worse highway mileage. When Kuzak "bought in" to the EcoBoost he was not told (and did not ask) about EU vs US emission/fuel economy test procedures.

Edited by theoldwizard

I will add that US emission standards do NOT allow the lean operation that the EcoBoost engine is capable of, so the same engine, in the same vehicle, in the US will always get worse highway mileage. When Kuzak "bought in" to the EcoBoost he was not told (and did not ask) about EU vs US emission/fuel economy test procedures.

Apparently Generation 2 and 3 rely heavily on higher amounts of EGR under lean boost to allow

even more power, it's as though they are trying to ape a much larger naturally aspirated engine

and its leaner part throttle mixtures whilst using a kind of miller cycle at really light throttle to make

the 2.0 EB engine into a kind of boosted 1.6....the kind of thing impossible with DI ultra lean cycle in

atmo engines like GM's SIDI 2.4, 3.0 and 3.6 engines - don't know if I'm describing properly...

There are certainly fuel economy gains to be had with small Ecoboost, that's for sure but I wonder about this:

Most US buyers will be thrilled to bits with an Explorer getting 20% better gas mileage and good performance

from the 3.5 V6, how much better would Ecoboost have been received if it was capable of that 20% economy

improvement but with incredible performance to boot?

Maybe I'm a little off target but I feel the desire for ultimate fuel economy is not there with US buyers, they still

want some economy, that true but the EB option needs to have a performance edge over the standard engine.

IMO EB 2.0 and 1.6 are perfect for Europe and Focus Fiesta, but I feel an EB 2.7 V6 would be ideal for

larger vehicles like Edge, Fusion , Explorer, Taurus where the engine would give economy and power.

Edited by jpd80