Car Prices Will Climb For Years

Just the same you have to pay for all of that mandated crap. Just like child safety items--I have no children and have no use for it, but I have to pay for it just the same--not mention the added weight and space so much of these 'safety' features take up,

Oh the sacrifices we must make! :cry:

Oh the sacrifices we must make! :cry:

He does have a point there. Why are forced to buy a new car with all this extra useless shit that we don't even need in it? Shouldn't I be allowed to order a brand new vehicle with a manual crank window? What if the power window switches go bad, and yes they will go bad. Maybe not for years, but eventually they will and how much will that cost to fix?

Who needs a back-up camera in the fucking vehicle? If you're that dumb to look out the back window or a rear view mirror to see where you are going. You shouldn't even be driving.

Who needs a back-up camera in the fucking vehicle? If you're that dumb to look out the back window or a rear view mirror to see where you are going. You shouldn't even be driving.

LOL

Or just get wife to stand behind the car when your parking if the space is a bit tight, every time she screams you stop.

If the wifes not around just shunt the shitty Prius colour coordinated best quality plastic bumper back a few feet with your big Detroit chrome iron bumper..

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

He does have a point there. Why are forced to buy a new car with all this extra useless shit that we don't even need in it? Shouldn't I be allowed to order a brand new vehicle with a manual crank window? What if the power window switches go bad, and yes they will go bad. Maybe not for years, but eventually they will and how much will that cost to fix?

I don't see things like backup cameras becoming standard anytime soon. Why are power locks standard now? Because it's likely cheaper to design all vehicles to use the same components than to design two different door panels and separate hardware for crank windows. Unless it's a VW, your power windows should last for several hundred thousand miles these days.

As for all the other safety crap, personally, I'm glad it's there. The safer my vehicle, the better for me and whatever passengers I may have. While I am usually a safe driver, I can't guarantee that everybody else around me will be.

In the end, if you don't want any of this newfangled tech, go buy a used car. There are millions of them out there to choose from.

By the year 2050, accounting for modest increases in inflation, the average new car (transaction) price will be:

$ 130,828.00

By 2060, > $ 190.000.00!!!

Retirement's gonna suck!

So a Mustang was like 3500 or 4K in 1965, where as a loaded GT today is about 40K...or 10X the price.

So a Mustang was like 3500 or 4K in 1965, where as a loaded GT today is about 40K...or 10X the price.

In 2050, a loaded Mustang GT will cost ~ $192,041.00.

By 2060, it'll be $200,080.00. Arrggghhh!!!!!!!

Start saving up you young whipper-snappers! No wonder old folks are always bi****ng!

Edited by joihan777

Maybe not back up cameras but perhaps rear parking sensors for little kids playing where they shouldn't be.

Maybe not back up cameras but perhaps rear parking sensors for little kids playing where they shouldn't be.

Thats what God give you eyes for JDP so you look at the empty space you are reversing into JPD.

Most Children are killed by idiots who speed in cars that suffer with an over confidence problem in their own driving abilities.

Koua-Fong-Lee-released-from-prison-with-Toyota-defense-500x387.jpg

SPEEDING TOYOTA CAMRY OWNER PILES IN TO BACK OF PARKED OLDSMOBILE & KILL 3.

Koua Fong Lee dreamed of life outside prison, of returning to the family he left when a jury didn't believe he tried to stop his Toyota from speeding up a highway ramp and a judge sentenced him to eight years for the ensuing crash that killed three people.

Lee, who immigrated to the U.S. from a Thai refugee camp in 2004, was driving a Toyota Camry when it plowed at high speed into the back of an Oldsmobile as Lee exited a St. Paul freeway ramp in 2006. He insisted during his trial that he did everything he could to stop the car but couldn't.

Jurors weren't convinced and Lee's own attorney suggested his client might have accidentally stepped on the accelerator.

But Lee sought a new trial this spring in the wake of Toyota's widely publicized problems with sudden acceleration in some newer models. Even though his 1996 Camry never had been recalled, Lee was granted a hearing.

During four days of testimony this week, Lee's attorneys didn't prove his car had a sudden acceleration problem. But they argued evidence backed up Lee's account he was trying to brake. They also argued his defense attorney did a poor job. And they called a parade of witnesses who testified they had sudden-acceleration experiences in Toyotas similar to Lee's.

Ramsey County District Judge Joanne Smith – who presided over Lee's original trial and had sentenced him to the maximum – said if that testimony from the other Toyota drivers had been introduced then, it would "more likely than not, or probably, or even almost certainly" have resulted in a different verdict for Lee.

"There were multiple errors and omissions by his attorney that necessitate this result," Smith said.

Lee's release capped a dramatic day during which he earlier rejected prosecutors' offer to set him free and vacate his sentence. But that offer had included several conditions, including a stayed remainder of his sentence that meant he could face prison for a new violation in the future.

Javis Trice Adams, 33, and his 10-year-old son, Javis Adams Jr., died in the 2006 accident. Adams' 6-year-old niece, Devyn Bolton, was paralyzed from the neck down and died shortly after Lee was convicted. Two others were badly hurt.

Bridgette Trice, Devyn Bolton's mother, welcomed Thursday's ruling. The victim's families had supported Lee's effort for a new trial, but Trice was crying outside the courthouse as she spoke to reporters.

"I'm happy for him but I'm still sad for us, cause he's going back to his but ours are never coming back to us," Trice said.

Lee said he wanted the victims' families to know he didn't intend to cause the accident.

LINK

So who gets the blame JDP modern electronic wizardry or over confidence in ones own driving abilities?

How many folk have been killed by Toyota's electronics or over confident speedsters JPD? If they brought an Old Skool Ford and driven sensibly the folk in the Oldsmobile might still have been alive today.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

It's also part of why the average car price is $35,000!

Closer to $29,000, but whatever. It's all relative. We all (hopefully) are earning a heck of a lot more than we were a decade ago. I'm perfectly content on the price of the 2011 Edge Sport I will likely be purchasing. Even with X-plan, the price is near $40,000. I wouldn't have considered a vehicle in that price range 10 years ago. Now? It's not really that big a deal. And this Edge contains a ton of features the last vehicle I purchased does not -- features I pretty much entirely want and would have gladly paid extra for on my current vehicle had they been available.

As I said, if you don't want all this new technology on your vehicle, there are plenty of reliable, cheaper vehicles in the used car market for you.

Edited by NickF1011

As I said, if you don't want all this new technology on your vehicle, there are plenty of reliable, cheaper vehicles in the used car market for you.

:yup:

NADA states that the average transaction price of a used vehicle in 2009 was $14,976. There's no logical reason to purchase a new vehicle for personal use, anyway.

NADA states that the average transaction price of a used vehicle in 2009 was $14,976. There's no logical reason to purchase a new vehicle for personal use, anyway.

Vehicle purchases in general defy logic anyway. Much of the purchase is based on emotion, even when buying used. People buy a car that not only does the job they want it to, but offers them a happy feeling when they get behind the wheel. My last vehicle purchase was used. This one is going to be new. The difference between the two? My last vehicle purchase was more out of necessity than out of desire to own that particular vehicle. Sure, I liked it, but I didn't lust after it. I want this Edge Sport (at least for now..who knows after a test drive), just as I wanted my Cobra, which I also purchased new in 1997. Those who want the latest and greatest are going to pay a premium for it. I accept that.

Warranty? I'd much rather take my chances on a unmolested new car then someone who beat the crap out of a leased car.

Warranty? I'd much rather take my chances on a unmolested new car then someone who beat the crap out of a leased car.

The last two cars we've bought have been used (from Carmax). We bought a warranty on the first one and never used it. If you're careful and do your homework, a used car can be just as good as a new one.

Edited by TomServo92