New generation Fusion

ougeno

I read that Ford is dropping the V6 and going with the I4's this can't be true. If so glad i got a 2011!

Probably true, but it doesn't mean it will lose power. The high end V6 will get an EB 2.0L or 2.5L that will put out the same power as the current V6s with better fuel economy.

Go look at the new Regal and Sonata - they are also I4 only.

Probably true, but it doesn't mean it will lose power. The high end V6 will get an EB 2.0L or 2.5L that will put out the same power as the current V6s with better fuel economy.

Go look at the new Regal and Sonata - they are also I4 only.

I could see the next gen Fusion SHO with a 2.5 Ecoboost I-4 making 300HP. That should make the V6 buyers happy.

I could see the next gen Fusion SHO with a 2.5 Ecoboost I-4 making 300HP. That should make the V6 buyers happy.

I loved the V8 and then the V6 I have had the 4's, but give me the 6 or 8's for smoother engine feeling. I have a Miata, but give me a V8 or V6!

I loved the V8 and then the V6 I have had the 4's, but give me the 6 or 8's for smoother engine feeling. I have a Miata, but give me a V8 or V6!

Yes, I am with you on this one. I grew up on V-8 power when all my friends were driving v6's and there was a difference. Now I am driving a V-6 and I don't care how much power that 4 banger puts out, there is too much vibration.

V-9s weight to much for the front of any car.

Well, I'm always leery of odd number cylinder engines anyway.

It will be interesting to see what happens re: V6

Fusion and Kuga may be fine without it, but Taurus and Edge will need it. Assuming Fusion, Taurus, and Edge end up on CD4 it would seem the platform will have to accomodate it (whereas EUCD would not)

Regal gets a V6 when production moves to Canada.

Yes, I am with you on this one. I grew up on V-8 power when all my friends were driving v6's and there was a difference. Now I am driving a V-6 and I don't care how much power that 4 banger puts out, there is too much vibration.

Unless, of course, the I-4 is a hybrid. I've never had a quieter and smoother ride than my Fusion Hybrid.

Most I4's these days are smooth as butter. So much so, that you often have to look at the tach to make sure the engine is running.

Most I4's these days are smooth as butter. So much so, that you often have to look at the tach to make sure the engine is running.

You obviously have not driven a Ford with the current 2.5L ! The engine makes great power and gets great fuel economy with the 6F transmission, but I don't think any one would call it "smooth as butter".

You obviously have not driven a Ford with the current 2.5L ! The engine makes great power and gets great fuel economy with the 6F transmission, but I don't think any one would call it "smooth as butter".

With the exception of VWs and Audis with the 2.0T direct injection turbo engine, my 2010 Fusion SE 2.5L with the 6 speed has the smoothest, quietest 4 cylinder engine I've experienced.

• 3 weeks later...

Ford is planning a new Fusion that will be built on the European Mondero platform. At that time a new HO V6 will also be introduced on the Sport or the rumored GT version.

Similar to the Taurus SHO engine in either 2012 or 13. The current configuration is just not set up to handle more horsepower or torque.

• 2 weeks later...