Super Low Lease Rate on 2010 MKS

No matter how you cut it, it's still an ubelivable lease deal at $269/month even with large downpayment. Ditto for MKZ with its $229/month lease deal. Jeesh, the lowly Focus SE is still $199/month with over $1,000 downpayment.

I'm not impressed until you find out the mileage limitation. Besides - nobody said it wasn't a good deal (for employees), just that it won't hurt resale values.

Could these attractive lease rates be the result, at least partially, of improving residual values?

That's always a big part of any lease. But it's more about moving old inventory without hurting resale values by putting gobs of cash on the hood for regular buyers.

I'm not impressed until you find out the mileage limitation. Besides - nobody said it wasn't a good deal (for employees), just that it won't hurt resale values.

All the Ford leases I've looked at are 10.5K miles/year. For 15K/year, on a base MKS over 24 months, you are probably looking at an additional $60-80 month.

Most leases are also priced at 36-39 month terms, versus the 24 in Detroit.

Could these attractive lease rates be the result, at least partially, of improving residual values?

I see on the Lincoln website they are offering finance at 2.9% for 36 months, maybe the combination of

low interest rates and better residuals are making a big difference on leasing plans but as mentioned before

don't be surprised if there are strong mileage limitations attached.

I think there should be laws regarding lease advertisements. No more than 2 months' payments up front. They'll advertise a 36 month lease for $300/month with $3600 cash due at signing. Well duh - that's really $400/month, you're just prepaying some of it.

So why stop there? I'd like to take out an ad like this:

Lease a 2010 Lincoln MKS for only $10/month for 36 months ($20,000 cash due at signing)

I see on the Lincoln website they are offering finance at 2.9% for 36 months, maybe the combination of

low interest rates and better residuals are making a big difference on leasing plans but as mentioned before

don't be surprised if there are strong mileage limitations attached.

You guys keep bringing up mileage issues. The standard Ford lease in Metro Detroit is 12,000/year and before deal is complete they do try to sell you extra miles if you feel you needt them. And the extra mile rates are very reasonable. Sometimes Ford will offer a 36 month lease, and sometimes a 24 month lease. I have had both. My 2002 Taurus was orgininally a lease: 24 months, 24,000 miles, $2,000 down, and in 2002 on $24,000 sticker price my lease deal was $212/month including tax. The lease was part of a Z plan deal. My 1997 Taurus was a 36 month lease and was under $200/month. I paid cash for my 2002 Taurus when lease ended and owned it outright. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned plus O recalls and problem free except for a blower motor that was covered under warranty and new one was sealed properly. So you buy vehicle like that.

With that said, my view for Ford offering unbelievable MKS lease deal is because sales for August for the MKS are probably dismal, and Ford wanted to juice them up last two weeks of month. If Ford could only sell an extra 150 MKSs in Metro Detroit alone, it would probably mean a double digit sales increase for MKS sales over last month. Mulally needs to hire a good man for Lincoln that really knows the luxury market and can turn Lincoln around. I really don't think the present people running Lincoln have a clue. The new Taurus made the MKS redundant.

I really don't think the present people running Lincoln have a clue. The new Taurus made the MKS redundant.

You're entitled to your opinion, but, remember, that's all it is, your opinion. Mine is that the Taurus has not made the MKS redundant because they don't look remotely similar.

As to whether the present people running Lincoln have a clue, we'll know in a couple of years, unless you have an inside line on Lincoln's product development, which, judging from your postings to date, does not appear to be the case. Developing powertrains and chassis does not happen overnight, especially when the company is being totally overhauled in structure: it's been a tough 5 years for Ford, but things are turning around. Time will tell. :)

• Like 1

Or, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Have you looked at MKS sales lately? MKS sales were 2,000/month before new Taurus hit streets, and barely 1,000/month after. Yeah, I'm sure the economy didn't help, but then again look at Cadillac sales, and GM went bankrupt.

Have you looked at MKS sales lately? MKS sales were 2,000/month before new Taurus hit streets, and barely 1,000/month after. Yeah, I'm sure the economy didn't help, but then again look at Cadillac sales, and GM went bankrupt.

1. Detroit has the fastest turn rate of the 22 regions in the country on MKS. If you are going to increase lease business, it would probably be in a market were dealer stock is moving slower.

2. The residuals and rates are set quarterly with Ford Credit - they have not changed since early July.

3. You have a history of fishing. You throw an unsubstantiated comment out designed to draw attention. It works - I have a hard time staying out of the boat.

I wish I could say I was done with you, but I know you'll pull me back in.

1. Detroit has the fastest turn rate of the 22 regions in the country on MKS. If you are going to increase lease business, it would probably be in a market were dealer stock is moving slower.

2. The residuals and rates are set quarterly with Ford Credit - they have not changed since early July.

3. You have a history of fishing. You throw an unsubstantiated comment out designed to draw attention. It works - I have a hard time staying out of the boat.

I wish I could say I was done with you, but I know you'll pull me back in.

I wish Lincoln was doing great like the Ford brand, but it isn't, and the MKS is the symbol of its failure. I'm not going to put lipstick on a pig. When is last time Ford offered such a low lease rate on a $47,000 vehicle no matter what the region? I doubt if I could get a lease rate that good on a $24,000 Escape FWD XLT. And I know Ford is asking greater downpayment on the MKS. You guys are right about one thing...Ford has a lot of work to do in righting the Lincoln ship. Unlike you, I'm not sure Ford has anyone capable of turning a luxury division around. Yeah, time will tell.

The lease rates on the MKS are pretty amazing right now, I am looking at one right now. 24 month lease at $468/month for a $53,180 car. Might be officially mine tomorrow but I'm more of an MKX man so the decision is tough. If you are in the market, now is the time to go grab yourself an MKS!

No matter how you cut it, it's still an ubelivable lease deal at $269/month even with large downpayment. Ditto for MKZ with its $229/month lease deal. Jeesh, the lowly Focus SE is still $199/month with over $1,000 downpayment.

Bullshit. Don't do that now, FordBuyer. You started this thread with "OMFG, people! A $269 lease on the MKS is going to destroy resale values, it's awful. Ford doesn't know how to fix Lincoln. Lincoln sucks because the Taurus is selling better than the MKS". Now, all of a sudden, it's "Uhh, well, nevermind...but it's still a helluva deal, huh?" Just STFU already. I would normally have set you to ignore a long time ago, but you're sort of entertaining.

• Like 1

I wish Lincoln was doing great like the Ford brand, but it isn't, and the MKS is the symbol of its failure. I'm not going to put lipstick on a pig. When is last time Ford offered such a low lease rate on a $47,000 vehicle no matter what the region?

Has nothing to do with the fact that these are year end models. When you find that type of deal on a 2011 MKS in the next 8 months for non employees let us know. Until then you're just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Has nothing to do with the fact that these are year end models. When you find that type of deal on a 2011 MKS in the next 8 months for non employees let us know. Until then you're just making a mountain out of a molehill.

What's the difference between a 2011 MKS and a 2010? And how much over $269/month will a nonemployee price be? Maybe $50-$60 more? And how come a $149/month lease on a Toyota Corolla reduces its residual value, but a super low lease rate on an MKS has no affect? Just wondering. Again, I wish Lincoln was going well, but it isn't. It's not my opinion, it's fact because sales say it's fact. I have no idea what Ford had in mind for sales projections on the MKS and MKT. But I would bet it was a lot more than 1,000 MKSs/month and 700 MKTs/month which is reality now. Maybe Ford should have dumped Lincoln, and kept Jaguar and Land Rover. Then they could have had a true luxury car and luxury SUV with off road capabilities. I cringe every month I look at Lincoln sales. Ford better get that freshened MKS out early 2011 as this present MKS in standard V6 trim with 270hp can't last much longer.

What's the difference between a 2011 MKS and a 2010? And how much over $269/month will a nonemployee price be? Maybe $50-$60 more? And how come a $149/month lease on a Toyota Corolla reduces its residual value, but a super low lease rate on an MKS has no affect? Just wondering. Again, I wish Lincoln was going well, but it isn't. It's not my opinion, it's fact because sales say it's fact. I have no idea what Ford had in mind for sales projections on the MKS and MKT. But I would bet it was a lot more than 1,000 MKSs/month and 700 MKTs/month which is reality now. Maybe Ford should have dumped Lincoln, and kept Jaguar and Land Rover. Then they could have had a true luxury car and luxury SUV with off road capabilities. I cringe every month I look at Lincoln sales. Ford better get that freshened MKS out early 2011 as this present MKS in standard V6 trim with 270hp can't last much longer.

Good God man, get a life. Geez. Do you ever stop bitching??

I think, by now, that every person who comes to this forum knows what you are going to post, when a new thread opens. Or, when we see the title of one that you started, what it is going to say. "Ford doesn't know what it is doing. Ford isn't doing this that or the other thing fast enough. Ford isn't making what I think they should make. Why can't Ford revamp the entire Lincoln brand, and move it upmarket yesterday? Mulally may have done a few things right, but he is far from the savior that you all think he is. Etc, etc, etc.

About the only time I have seen you happy, is talking about Mustangs.

I have NEVER put anyone on ignore............... but I have got to say, I am tempted.

What's the difference between a 2011 MKS and a 2010? And how much over $269/month will a nonemployee price be? Maybe $50-$60 more?

Are you really that stupid or are you just trolling? Current model year vs. previous model year? Clearing out old models as the new ones start arriving? Any of this ringing a bell?

If you walked onto a lot right now and you could pick between a 2011 MKS and a 2010 MKS for the same price - which would you pick? They have to discount the leftover 2010s to get people to buy them over the one model year newer 2011s. It's standard practice since, well, forever!

The best non-employee price right now is $369/month with $5700 or so due at signing but it doesn't say the mileage.

And what do you mean the "standard" lease mileage allowance in Detroit is 12K? There is no such thing as a standard. It's up to the dealer how many miles they want to offer and the price is highly dependent on that.

Here's a newsflash for you - Lincoln doesn't need to make money RIGHT NOW. Ford can afford to subsidize them in the short term while they get the new products ready. It's entirely possible Lincoln is making a profit on 1200 MKS/month. I don't really know and neither do you.

It's entirely possible Lincoln is making a profit on 1200 MKS/month. I don't really know and neither do you.

If Hyundai can justify the Genesis sedan & coupe, which when combined sell in similar numbers, while using their own unique platform, then I'm sure Ford can find a way to justify the MKS. Just a hunch.

What's the difference between a 2011 MKS and a 2010?

New colors and inclusion of an intelligent oil life monitor.

Ford better get that freshened MKS out early 2011 as this present MKS in standard V6 trim with 270hp can't last much longer.

I agree with you there - the main issues with the non Ecoboost MKS are that its overpriced and provides a underwhelming driving experience overall. The lease deal you mentioned in this thread addresses the former, making for a decent deal for car buyers willing to tolerate the latter. I'm optimistic that Ford will indeed ameliorate the flaws in the current MKS when the car is refreshed/redesigned (though I don't know the exact timeframe for that).

I agree with you there - the main issues with the non Ecoboost MKS are that its overpriced

Compared to what? You can't call something overpriced unless it's in comparison to other similar products. What other vehicles offer similar size, performance and features for a lot less? And I'm not necessarily saying it isn't - just asking for evidence.