Milan 2,217

Grand Marquis 1,692

Mariner 3,077

Mountaineer 491

Mercury Brand 7,477

TOTAL SALES 157,935

Pretty solid month all around! :happy feet:

No real surprises or disappointments...

160K sales in September followed up by 158K last month is great news.

If Ford can keep trending like that, their market share must surely grow

and their profitable quarters continue right through to Q4.

Meanwhile GM Scores a 13% increase in sales :...LINK

183,392 units for GM

Enclave 4,693

LaCrosse4,432

Lucerne 1,810

Regal 1,634

Buick Total 12,569

CTS 4,242

DTS 1,731

Escalade 1,432

Escalade ESV 951

Escalade EXT 243

SRX 4,423

STS 364

XLR 7

Cadillac Total 13,393

Avalanche 1,922

Aveo 6,038

Camaro 5,013

Chevy C/T Series 1

Chevy W Series 24

Cobalt 1,971

Colorado 2,231

Corvette 1,011

Cruze 5,048

Equinox 12,773

Express 5,044

HHR 4,802

Impala 12,389

Kodiak 4/5 Series 29

Kodiak 6/7/8 Series 26

Malibu 12,353

Silverado-C/K Pickup 34,283

Suburban (Chevy) 4,354

Tahoe 6,725

TrailBlazer 2

Traverse 8,255

Chevrolet Total 124,294

Acadia 5,407

Canyon 913

Envoy 1

GMC C/T Series 2

GMC W Series 32

Savana 1,242

Sierra 12,983

Terrain 5,445

Topkick 4/5 Series 51

Topkick 6/7/8 Series 51

Yukon 3,704

Yukon XL 3,305

GMC Total 33,136

17,362 Fusion; 17,505 Sonatas, very clsoe

Milan sales were 2,200. When ford gets Mercury sales, (monkey) off thier back, will that translate to 2,000 additional Fusion sales? I think so. Then the same holds true for Escape, as Mariner sales were 3,000. That will get you into top ten territory!

Milan sales were 2,200. When ford gets Mercury sales, (monkey) off thier back, will that translate to 2,000 additional Fusion sales? I think so. Then the same holds true for Escape, as Mariner sales were 3,000. That will get you into top ten territory!

Will be interesting to see how many Mercury owners end up buying Fords instead and who goes elsewhere. I don't think there's any reliable metric to tell for certain.

"Ford’s commercial vans also made strong contributions to October’s truck sales performance. Econoline, Ford’s full-size van, had sales of 7,379, up 30 percent, and Transit Connect, the fuel-efficient, purpose-built van, delivered sales of 2,577, up 70 percent."

This sure seems an indication that the economic malaise that has affected our economy the last few years is slowly starting to ease. If this proves to be the case, Ford is poised for a tremendous 2011!

Good ole Classic F-Series 49,000 sales has gotta carry a lot of weight on its bed now Great Britain Fords biggest buyer of Ford vehicles outside of North America sales are starting to slip. Its Ford USA's turn to carry Europe.

Gotta say l was knocked out by the build quality of a 2010 F-150 l had a look at a couple of months ago, the interior inside would not look out of place inside a Mercedes Benz.

Its a shame we can't buy the F-150 in the UK its a very nice pick-up, l would definitely buy one. Its good to see Ford sales are on a roll now in the US.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Will be interesting to see how many Mercury owners end up buying Fords instead and who goes elsewhere. I don't think there's any reliable metric to tell for certain.

FWIW: My mother, a litle old lady Mercury owner from way back, just bought a 2010 Ford Escape XLT I4 AWD. I'd would consider her as the "typical" demographic. Their was not enough difference in the Mariner and the Escape to say boo about. She was very pleased with the Ford. I'm sure there are a few Mercury or die diehards but the actual volume of those types of car buyers has just got to be super low.

FWIW: My mother, a litle old lady Mercury owner from way back, just bought a 2010 Ford Escape XLT I4 AWD. I'd would consider her as the "typical" demographic. Their was not enough difference in the Mariner and the Escape to say boo about. She was very pleased with the Ford. I'm sure there are a few Mercury or die diehards but the actual volume of those types of car buyers has just got to be super low.

I still believe most Mercury buyers go into the dealership, look at both the Ford and Mercury versions and pick the Mercury just because they prefer the styling over the Ford counterpart. I don't believe that more than 10% of Mercury buyers would refuse to buy the corresponding Ford version.

Careful - you'll get Pioneer all riled up again...........

History would suggest that those Mercury buyers will go elsewhere as were the case for Oldsmobile, Plymouth, and Mercury Canada shutdowns. However, the Ford brand is growing and shooting up on people's consideration lists so the organic growth of Ford sales in the coming year may end up to offset Mercury's loss. The one key difference in Mercury's recent demise and Oldsmobile/Plymouth/Mercury Canada's executions is that Ford killed Mercury in the US market at a time of growing sales of its main brand. The other mercy killings were reactionary to falling sales and the resulting redundancy in sales channel.

Edited by bzcat

"Ford’s commercial vans also made strong contributions to October’s truck sales performance. Econoline, Ford’s full-size van, had sales of 7,379, up 30 percent, and Transit Connect, the fuel-efficient, purpose-built van, delivered sales of 2,577, up 70 percent."

This sure seems an indication that the economic malaise that has affected our economy the last few years is slowly starting to ease. If this proves to be the case, Ford is poised for a tremendous 2011!

After a slow start, it looks like Transit Connect has really found a groove. It is now selling at a pace that will greatly exceed Ford's initial sales forecast for a full year.

Just back from Las vegas for the Halloween weekend. I saw more Ford cars and trucks in the las vegas blvd this time than I did 5 years ago. On saturday night. except those Taxi, I saw at least 10 new generation Tauraus, several Flex (only one from Michigan), many Fusion, many Escape, many Focus, 2 Fiesta. Ford brand awareness is really improving.

Edited by weiweishen

History would suggest that those Mercury buyers will go elsewhere as were the case for Oldsmobile, Plymouth, and Mercury Canada shutdowns. However, the Ford brand is growing and shooting up on people's consideration lists so the organic growth of Ford sales in the coming year may end up to offset Mercury's loss. The one key difference in Mercury's recent demise and Oldsmobile/Plymouth/Mercury Canada's executions is that Ford killed Mercury in the US market at a time of growing sales of its main brand. The other mercy killings were reactionary to falling sales and the resulting redundancy in sales channel.

The situations, as you mentioned, appear to be quite different though from the other brands you list. Plus now you have an alternative "in-house" brand that is actually making high quality alternatives to the brand being discontinued. That wasn't the case with Olds or Plymouth (or even Mercury in Canada at the time really).

Between the Enclave, Acadia and Traverse GM is selling > 18k units! It will be a tall order for the new Explorer to compete with that - and with little or no help from the Flex.

Also, I could never figure out why the Expedition can't hang with the Tahoe in sales, the Expedition is a much nicer vehicle inside and out.

Between the Enclave, Acadia and Traverse GM is selling > 18k units! It will be a tall order for the new Explorer to compete with that - and with little or no help from the Flex.

Also, I could never figure out why the Expedition can't hang with the Tahoe in sales, the Expedition is a much nicer vehicle inside and out.

Has to be blind GM brand loyalty. I can't think of any other rational explanation.

I cringe every time I get into a Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon. The interior is hideous.

Well, Ford's approach to the CUV/SUV market is just different than GM's. Difficult to compare them directly. The Escape and Equinox aren't entirely 100% comparable in size/features. Neither is the Equinox and Edge, and neither is the Edge and Traverse, nor the Explorer and Traverse. Different approaches to the market, but overall volumes of all SUV/CUVs combined is somewhat similar (amongst Ford and Chevrolet anyway -- you do see more dominance when you add in GMC and Buick).