Focus Shipping Yet?

fusion37

Took delivery of an SEL on Friday. So far I am really impressed with overall quality. Its a base SEL with moonroof. Sync works well. I have not had the chance to drive it at night to check the headlights.....I have always upgraded the lamps on all my cars....Anyone know the part number?

Tompost-43608-0-74597700-1302536290_thumb.jpg

Silly question time. Does this mean it arrives at the dealer on 4/25, or it leaves the factory on 4/25?

That is the day it rolls off the line (I think, it may be the day it starts the line).

It can then spend a few days at the factory, then shipping time.

Closer to the build date, the dealer should see an ETA

Took delivery of an SEL on Friday. So far I am really impressed with overall quality. Its a base SEL with moonroof. Sync works well. I have not had the chance to drive it at night to check the headlights.....I have always upgraded the lamps on all my cars....Anyone know the part number?

Tompost-43608-0-74597700-1302536290_thumb.jpg

Congratulations - very nice. Low beam lamps are H11LL; high beam lamps are H1. I tried to find Sylvania SilverStar Ultras a while back but no joy. Good luck.

Actually the 4 colors that have a charge are not because of the metallic, it's because they require special painting. You can note black is also metallic but gets no special cost.

Yellow and White are Tricoat - they get an extra layer of paint.

Candy Blue and Red have tinted clearcoats.

Edited by emerrill

The dealer I have my order placed through has a 2012 Focus SE with the SFE package on the lot. I thought the SFE package was supposed to be "late availability." Guess not.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FAHP3F2XCL129140&refid=DC&hash=f8561dd9d8d71e85481bc9739546f03&pacode=01645&modelid=226

This is at Signature Ford of Perry (Michigan).

I sure wish I would hear from my salesman. I contacted him Friday and he said the guy who handles customer orders had been out with a medical issue for two weeks but would probably be back yesterday. I ordered my Titanium October 29, so I have to think it's got a build date by now, but I still haven't heard anything.

I sure wish I would hear from my salesman. I contacted him Friday and he said the guy who handles customer orders had been out with a medical issue for two weeks but would probably be back yesterday. I ordered my Titanium October 29, so I have to think it's got a build date by now, but I still haven't heard anything.

If you have your dealer and order numbers, http://www.facebook.com/JamieAtFord can let you know info

Thank you, emerill. I sent Jamie a message, but I don't have my order number. Maybe I'll have to bug my salesman for that, but he may not have that information without the order guy being around (if he still isn't back yet). It drives me nuts when an organization relies on one individual with no backup for something.

Thank you, emerill. I sent Jamie a message, but I don't have my order number. Maybe I'll have to bug my salesman for that, but he may not have that information without the order guy being around (if he still isn't back yet). It drives me nuts when an organization relies on one individual with no backup for something.

Yeah, I got my order number when they printed of the order confirmation screens. Hopefully your dealer will have a copy.

Party bonus. Got home from work today and there was a nifty shrinkwrapped Focus-graphics box in my mail containing a 2012 Focus travel mug and a personalized insert from my dealer thanking me for my early order. Return address was from Ford, Dearborn. Little things are always a nice touch.

Party bonus. Got home from work today and there was a nifty shrinkwrapped Focus-graphics box in my mail containing a 2012 Focus travel mug and a personalized insert from my dealer thanking me for my early order. Return address was from Ford, Dearborn. Little things are always a nice touch.

Back in 99 when I bought my Lincoln LS I got a set of waterford crystal champagne flutes plus some smaller stuff.

Back in 99 when I bought my Lincoln LS I got a set of waterford crystal champagne flutes plus some smaller stuff.

Me too. I still have the flutes. I seem to recall a L-M marketing exec telling us at Novi in 2003 that they were giving Marauder buyers leather jackets. Those were the days, eh?

Me too. I still have the flutes. I seem to recall a L-M marketing exec telling us at Novi in 2003 that they were giving Marauder buyers leather jackets. Those were the days, eh?

Yes. I remember Jim Rogers (VP of marketing) personally sending me an Autumn Red paint sample because they changed from Cordovan to that color which I wanted to order but couldn't find any good samples. I also remember Jim saying he would take a baseball bat to any LS dealers who put fake convertible roofs on them. Yep, those were the days.

Wood. Leather. Adrenaline.