Focus Shipping Yet?

fusion37

My bowling partner who works a WAP (stamping is still done at WAP) says they are not shipping yet.

The line was supposed to go up to a full 8 hours of production this week. Probably still well below max jobs per hour.

Somebody else on here, who works at WAP, posted that they were moving to 10hr days this week, and that cars are leaving on car carriers.

My guess is that they are just being staged off site - it's too early for them to have the 'Cleared to Ship' stamp.

Somebody else on here, who works at WAP, posted that they were moving to 10hr days this week, and that cars are leaving on car carriers.

My guess is that they are just being staged off site - it's too early for them to have the 'Cleared to Ship' stamp.

Afternoons built 85 cars off final line last night. Worked 8 hours.

A friend of mine at the plant told me that they are currently making salable vehicles (they have new VINs, and are feature complete), but they are being held for QA, and any fixes that may need to be made to them.

Emerrill, do you have a build date yet? Hopefully they clear these for QA soon so we, the loyal customers that pre-ordered, can get our cars before summer.

Emerrill, do you have a build date yet? Hopefully they clear these for QA soon so we, the loyal customers that pre-ordered, can get our cars before summer.

Dealer just checked yesterday and nope...

It sounds like they are still at very low production volumes - my guess is they won't schedule until they are closer to full steam, and the first batch passes QA. I'm still putting my money on a March-April delivery. I think most pre-orders will be scheduled by the end of Feb, but I have no reason to think that, it's just my guess.

Dealer just checked yesterday and nope...

It sounds like they are still at very low production volumes - my guess is they won't schedule until they are closer to full steam, and the first batch passes QA. I'm still putting my money on a March-April delivery. I think most pre-orders will be scheduled by the end of Feb, but I have no reason to think that, it's just my guess.

Thanks for the information, emerrill. The main thing I'm interested in is finding out if I need to hurry up and get some winter wheels and tires for mine with Titanium Handling Package with summer-only tires. I'm excited to have my car, but I also would rather not have to get them until fall!

What I would like to know is typically how far in advance a dealer would know the arrival date for a pre-ordered car.

For example, if a car were to arrive at the dealer on April 1, when would I be informed of this?

Hopefully it is a minimum of 30 days.

The problem is, is that arrival date isn't generally well known. You will get a build date, but it will be some amount of time between build date and arriving at your dealer. It could be as little as a few days to a number of weeks/months. It depends on how far you live from the plant, what shipping methods they use, if any holds are placed on the vehicles after they are made, etc.

I don't have a good reference, but I would guess ~1-2wks after the build date to get it - although I'm hoping that here in south-east Michigan, it will only be a few days.

The problem is, is that arrival date isn't generally well known. You will get a build date, but it will be some amount of time between build date and arriving at your dealer. It could be as little as a few days to a number of weeks/months. It depends on how far you live from the plant, what shipping methods they use, if any holds are placed on the vehicles after they are made, etc.

I don't have a good reference, but I would guess ~1-2wks after the build date to get it - although I'm hoping that here in south-east Michigan, it will only be a few days.

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know what the typical time is between the dealer receiving the build date and the actual build date?

I am assuming that the build date is typically scheduled X number of days in advance of the actual build date.

Do you know what the typical time is between the dealer receiving the build date and the actual build date?

I am assuming that the build date is typically scheduled X number of days in advance of the actual build date.

Sadly, I do not. I would make the same assumption, but I don't know what X is.

Usually, when the car is scheduled and given a VIN, it is scheduled to a specific week. As the build week gets closer, they schedule it to the actual day and give it a dealer ETA (which is very approximate).

• 2 weeks later...

There were three Foci at the Canadian International Auto Show just recently. In all cases, they all had VINs. One of them was an Ingot Silver Titanium sedan, but the wheels weren't correct (its sticker showed the handling package, but the wheels on it were the standard ones). A Yellow Blaze Titanium hatch was also present and had a VIN, but someone popped the hood and it had an "exemption" decal on the front passenger strut tower.

We are now building about 400 per day....I should not be long now. If you drive buy the plant you will see hundreds of them in the front storage lot. Many are stored off site on rented space. I actually work in the final assy plant and, we are running pretty steady now.

• Like 1

We are now building about 400 per day....I should not be long now. If you drive buy the plant you will see hundreds of them in the front storage lot. Many are stored off site on rented space. I actually work in the final assy plant and, we are running pretty steady now.

Thank you for the update; it's nice to hear about the progress. I checked with my dealer yesterday - still no VIN yet for my order. Hope springs eternal. I keep reminding myself that patience is a virtue.

Michigander, any updates for us?

Come on boys.........let's get them fired up and out on the trucks!!!!

It's gotta be any day now.

I got an e-mail from a dealership I've been communicating with in the Minneapolis area and she said their first delivery is scheduled for March 15th.

I was at my local dealership Saturday while accompanying a family member who was taking delivery on a new vehicle and my salesperson told me they are expecting their stock Focus delivery in about two weeks. He's going to call me when they arrive.