Focus Shipping Yet?

fusion37

I finally have a VIN 127 days after ordering. Now step 2 of the waiting game begins....

Our order is only 40 days old but with the price of gas, it would be nice to get it sooner rather than later. Ours is Tuxedo Black which may or not be another issue.

Ford issued a Focus launch update this morning. Retail orders not equipped with MFT began scheduling on 3/23/2011 upon receipt of "OK to Ship" of initial stock orders. Retail orders with MFT began scheduling 4/7/2011 upon receipt of "OK to Ship" of initial stock orders. Average daily shipments have grown 70% per week since shipping began in early March. All units produced currently are shipping immediately. Once final quality inspections are completed on the remaining units in storage, Ford expects an uninterrupted flow by mid-May. Approximately 18,000 retail units have been produced; 7,200 have been shipped.

Ford issued a Focus launch update this morning. Retail orders not equipped with MFT began scheduling on 3/23/2011 upon receipt of "OK to Ship" of initial stock orders. Retail orders with MFT began scheduling 4/7/2011 upon receipt of "OK to Ship" of initial stock orders. Average daily shipments have grown 70% per week since shipping began in early March. All units produced currently are shipping immediately. Once final quality inspections are completed on the remaining units in storage, Ford expects an uninterrupted flow by mid-May. Approximately 18,000 retail units have been produced; 7,200 have been shipped.

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I got some more details. Ok to Ship was issued for MFT, but the problems have not been fixed yet, so people will likely need to take them in for a software update in the nearish future - assuming it isn't fixed before your car is actually built.

Finally got my VIN, but no delivery date yet, but the order has been released to factory. HURRAY!!!!

Same here. Titanium sedan in red candy metallic ordered February 7th. I called today and he gave me my VIN but no build date. They did have a stock SEL hatch behind the building getting ready for detailing, but he said it was going straight to Enterprise rental.