Lincoln confirms production MKR?

akirby

Sure sounds like it to me.

I listened to the video and he didn't confirm anything. I do like his thinking though that Lincoln needs something special to generate buzz and excitement in the brand. They need a great flagship or halo car to get people interested again.

I do hope in the future they will at least consider moving away from the MK names. If they add a few more like MKC, MKE, MKR to go with their MKZ, MKX, MKS, MKT... Well you can see how it just gets more and more confusing! I am all for model names making a comeback. With great names like Zephyr, Continental, Aviator or even new ones like Sentinel I think it would be a whole lot less confusing and give Lincoln a special element that no other luxury maker uses. They dropped model names so the consumer would only think Lincoln, but with the right vehicles the consumer will still think Lincoln model names or not.

• Like 1

I listened to the video and he didn't confirm anything.

You have to listen between the lines. He confirmed it as much as he can possibly confirm anything about a future product that hasn't been announced. I don't think he would bother to even answer the question otherwise.

I do like his thinking though that Lincoln needs something special to generate buzz and excitement in the brand. They need a great flagship or halo car to get people interested again.

No they don't. They need a strong lineup of very good cars, not one home run. This whole "halo" car thing is overrated.

I do hope in the future they will at least consider moving away from the MK names. If they add a few more like MKC, MKE, MKR to go with their MKZ, MKX, MKS, MKT... Well you can see how it just gets more and more confusing! I am all for model names making a comeback. With great names like Zephyr, Continental, Aviator or even new ones like Sentinel I think it would be a whole lot less confusing and give Lincoln a special element that no other luxury maker uses. They dropped model names so the consumer would only think Lincoln, but with the right vehicles the consumer will still think Lincoln model names or not.

I agree.

Lincoln has reduced the "free" oil changes from 4 to 2 years. That does not help.

They need to at least make lincolns look different from it's ford equivalent by re-skinning them.

I'm sure, they could come up with a much better looking grill too. Specifically on the MKX, which is oversized.

Edited by Pete

Once again, thinking that they'll build a Mustang based Lincoln Coupe is not exactly a stretch. The next generation Mustang is going to continue to evolve into a more refined overall package. A more luxury oriented model could be done via chassis tuning.

• 3 weeks later...
Lincoln has reduced the "free" oil changes from 4 to 2 years. That does not help.

:do what: From Lincoln's Web site:

...every new 2011 Lincoln vehicle now includes no-charge 4-year/50,000-mile maintenance. Maintenance items include:

Oil changes

-- http://www.lincoln.com/newsevents/news/newsdetail/?id=340&fmccmp=ln-nws-a2b08c05d000693e00f00g05h00j00k39m3n0p20110126

It does say this program ends on December 31st of this year, but if you buy a new Lincoln now it runs four years.

:do what: From Lincoln's Web site:

It does say this program ends on December 31st of this year, but if you buy a new Lincoln now it runs four years.

Yes, in the USA..not in Canada....here we go again. We don't have traffic/information service either.....