Ford Increases Production to Meet Strong Demand For All-New C-MAX

Will the experimental liquid for batteries been trialled at MIT(?) have any effect in the future? I can't find the link right now, I just read it 2 days or so ago.

Who knows?

When you read any announcement about a really great advanced technology (or the latest wonder drug you hear about on the evening news for that matter), it's safe to assume:

1. There is a very, very small chance that the technology will ultimately be commercially viable, and

2. If the technology has enough benefits to make it through the gauntlet, you probably won't see it in production until 8-10 years from now.

Of course that won't stop the bloggers from complaining that the auto companies are withholding great technology. Heck, they still haven't released the 100 mpg carb that runs on water.

Edited by Austin

Who knows?

When you read any announcement about a really great advanced technology (or the latest wonder drug you hear about on the evening news for that matter), it's safe to assume:

1. There is a very, very small chance that the technology will ultimately be commercially viable, and

2. If the technology has enough benefits to make it through the gauntlet, you probably won't see it in production until 8-10 years from now.

Of course that won't stop the bloggers from complaining that the auto companies are withholding great technology. Heck, they still haven't released the 100 mpg carb that runs on water.

dont forget...side effects may include.....

Who knows?

True very true...meh...

I finally convinced my wife to want a C-max and the cancel it. the flex is too much, of everything. too big, too thirsty, and too much money.

And now the new mazda5 looks like a Tampon.

what should we do?

If you gotta have 7 seats there's always Explorer and TC Wagon.

TC only comes with 5 seats in the US.

the Explorer has the same issues as the Flex, Too big, too thirsty, too expensive.

The 4 cyl EcoBoost in the Explorer is too thirsty? The Base started under 28K for 2011 before rebates or discounts. This includes rear air and three rows of seats. I'm guessing the 2012 /w EcoBoost will be under 30K.

I'm guessing the 2012 /w EcoBoost will be under 30K.

And you would be right. This is part of a memo dealers received on May 26th.

2012 MODEL YEAR MAJOR PRODUCT ACTIONS

OVERVIEW

2012MY Explorer continues the story of reinvention with the introduction of the 2.0L EcoBoost engine, and the addition of Sync availability with MyFord-equipped vehicles (non-MyFord Touch)

• Series and pricing strategy carries over from 2011MY
    • Base: starting at $28,995; under $30,000 for Base with optional 2.0L EcoBoost
    • XLT: starting at $32,805, 52% of expected sales. Showroom-equipped with Leather priced at $35,605
    • Limited: starting at $38,565, 37% of expected sales

[*]XLT Rapid Specs revised

• Added 204A Rapid spec, Leather without MyFord Touch
    • Showroom-equipped 202A re-named as 205A

New for 2012MY

• 2.0L EcoBoost engine. Available on all series, FWD only
  • Two levels of Sync
    • Sync Services – Carry-over from 2011MY, Voice-Activated Communications and Entertainment with Traffic Directions and Information. Available on XLT and Standard on Limited. Requires My Ford Touch
    • SYNC® Voice Activated Communications and Entertainment available on Base Explorer and Standard on XLT

[*]Select shift transmission standard on Base (not available with 2.0L EcoBoost)[*]New Colors

• Ginger Ale replaces Gold Leaf
    • Cinnamon replaces Bordeaux
    • Dark Blue Pearl replaces Kona Blue

• Like 1

And you would be right. This is part of a memo dealers received on May 26th.

lets compare.

C-max7

L/W/H

178.0 x 72.0 x 64.4 in

curb weight 3700lbs

estimated fuel economy 26/34

estimated price 24-26k

explorer

197.1 x 78.9 x 70.4-71.0 in

curb weight

4500lbs

economy estimated 21/28.

price 29k

TOo big, too thristy and too expensive.

I don't want or need a midsized SUV.

It seems you do, if you want to remain in the Ford family and have three rows of seats.

And, I don't know if you've ever driven or sat in a 7-seat C-max, but I have. You might as well call it a 4+3 because the 2 rear seats are for small children and the second row will not fit three adults or three child safety seats. Hell, I don't think you could fit two adults and a toddler in the middle row because the middle "seat" is so narrow.

Hell, I don't think you could fit two adults and a toddler in the middle row because the middle "seat" is so narrow.

And that's why Ford stopped, when a base regular-size minivan is almost the same price, and lots of good used well-optioned ones available. :)

It seems you do, if you want to remain in the Ford family and have three rows of seats.

And, I don't know if you've ever driven or sat in a 7-seat C-max, but I have. You might as well call it a 4+3 because the 2 rear seats are for small children and the second row will not fit three adults or three child safety seats. Hell, I don't think you could fit two adults and a toddler in the middle row because the middle "seat" is so narrow.

I have a question for you:

In your drive of the C-Max, even without the 7 seats, is the 5 seat large enough for space?

I was driving behind a Villager today and said to my partner: "That's the perfect size for a second car." I drive a Fiesta and I was seriously looking for a Grand C-Max. Now, I'm looking at the upcoming Escape which may fit. I don't need or want a Flex, it's simply too big and expensive for where I live. An Edge is possible yet a little expensive. Too bad because I really enjoyed driving them both. A C-Max Hybrid may work yet, the experiences of hybrid driving here doesn't really reap the benefits, the terrain is too hilly. I was hoping for at least a 5 seat 1.6 EB.

I know it's not about me and Ford has to make the decisions for the good of the company. I can also see the confusion of a pile of C2 cars coming on the market and they might interfere with the other Ford Products. For example: It was an honest question I asked why should I buy a mid-range Focus (Flex) when I could have gotten a fully-loaded Fiesta (Grand C-Max)? Now, that was the 2011 MY but that's the kind of thinking buyers do. I'm off the soapbox.

I have sat in the C-max7,I have pictures. It meets the my needs just fine.

the thing is unless you have a minivan the 3rd is pretty much useless, because of the restricted access to that row.

our plan was to place the 4 year old behind the driver in her car seat, the infant in the car seat behind the passneger seat, and if all % of us travel together the 11 year-old in the 3rd row. but most of the time He will sit in the front passenger seat.

We don't drive distances long enough to make us consider a large vehicle like the flex worthwhile, the oldest can suffer back there for the average 15 min ride to where ever we need to go.

I personally fit in the C-max7's the 3rd row. I have pictures.

for short trips it fine.which is all we need it for. lucky the 3rd child is still in the planning phase. hopefully this will give ford time to find production for the US.