with red being second

-wanted to like new colors-but dont think so

-cinnamon metallic seems best of new colors

ps dont know how i got underlineing?

Edited by trove

Tuxedo Black Metallic.......until it got discontinued

Sterling Grey Metallic now for 2012

Both look great with tinted windows and 20 inch polished wheels

I like the Candy Red and Grey the best but it also looks good in white and silver.

At our CT Dealership the White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat (UG) has accounted for about 75% of Explorer sales to date. Otherwise there have been a couple of Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic (FQ), Ingot Silver Metallic (UX) and Sterling Grey Metallic (UJ) and one or two Black (UA). There's only been one Golden Bronze Metallic (JQ) delivered which was a retail customer order. I'll never order the Golden Bronze for stock after seeing it.

At our CT Dealership the White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat (UG) has accounted for about 75% of Explorer sales to date. Otherwise there have been a couple of Bordeaux Reserve Red Metallic (FQ), Ingot Silver Metallic (UX) and Sterling Grey Metallic (UJ) and one or two Black (UA). There's only been one Golden Bronze Metallic (JQ) delivered which was a retail customer order. I'll never order the Golden Bronze for stock after seeing it.

No Red Candy sales? That is the color my wife wants, but I'm worried about resales.

• 5 weeks later...

What is your favorite 2011 / 2012 Explorer color? i.e., What color would you get if you were buying today?

I'm split between red candy and white, probably 60-40 in favor of white.

My choice would be red candy and then the kona blue. I had a white truck for 8 years and it was ok, but I prefer some color. This is so that when it is cleaned, with a fresh coat of wax, I can see myself it in. I don't like the Bordeaux Red, it's too dark for me. The rest of the colors are ok.

I had a 1994 Electric Red Explorer and I remember shortly after I got it, I was at a stop light and there was a car beside me and they occupants were admiring my Red Explorer. I like that feeling that I had something others liked to look at.

Edited by harddrive747

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks!

Mine has the perforated black interior.

Nice! Black color is usually a look of luxury and the feeling of substantial.

I won't be buying a new vehicle anytime soon. But I am quite interested in the Explorer's choice of black leather trim with pecan inserts. Although there will be a limit on exterior color choices with that interior color.

• 1 month later...