Honda fully reveals updated Pilot, nobody notices

PREMiERdrum

newpilot_653.jpg

A month after releasing a single image of the new 2012 Pilot, Honda has thrown open the floodgates and provided a full array of pictures and information for the updated SUV. The changes to the 2012 model essentially constitute a mid-cycle refresh, with highlights including styling changes, interior upgrades and a 25 mpg highway rating for two-wheel drive models.

2012-honda-pilot-7_653.jpg

Inside, the biggest news is a larger, eight-inch infotainment display screen, along with a refined center console that features a more intuitive layout and a glossy black finish in place of the high-contrast silver used in the previous Pilot. A redesigned instrument panel and larger central storage pocket round out the interior changes.

LINK - LLN

The Pilot has always had an ugly dashboard. I'm not sure why it has so much of an angular upright design, do they think that makes it butch ? The past generation looked likes some 3rd world product from the 80s (read Ridgeline)...

Actually, I preferred the first-gen's dashboard's simplicity and straighforwardness compared to the current model's overwrought, overstyled, El Cheapo interior.

gal_lg8.jpg

0804_01z+2009_honda_pilot+interior_view.jpg

• Like 1

So is this different than the 2011? It's pretty nice, maybe not as nice as the explorer but it kicks the new escapes ugly ass.

I've seen a lot of these around alaska the past few months, decently popular at least up here.

Loving all the storage space

2012-honda-pilot-9_653.jpg

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

You've said this before.

When did you see the 2013 Escape? Cuz the Vertrek concept ain't it.

Duh, in one of my many spiritual quests for enlightenment. When you've traveled as many thought-provoking roads as I have, your feet melt and become one with the road, your body freezes and you become much like a desert cactus, keeping a watchful eye over the land for all eternity. Cactus eyes see everything.

kermit_escape.jpg

Edited by probowler

Honda is in trouble. There are not enough "loyalist" to keep things going. There have been some that have defected or put off purchases (according to some Honda forums) hoping for anything from Honda that looks the least bit exciting. The new Civic (even though it's been out a short time) is A FAIL.

Mostly styling... less chunky grille and softened edges giving it a more feminine look. Narrower tires and some underbody aero as well to slightly boost CAFE numbers. Still the same torqueless 3.5L V6 and 5spd slushbox.

People seem to intensely dislike Honda's VCM system. Clunking, vibrations, hesitations, excessive oil consumption, etc.