Labor Day

Suh Nation

Just want to let all the hourly workers out there know that salaried workers like myself appreciate the struggles that you've gone throughout your history for wages, benefits and other items such as holidays and paid vacation. Without your struggles and negotiation skills, items such as the Labor Day Holiday would not exist. To me, Labor Day is a holiday in which I remember my father and grandfather who both were in organized labor. Because of the the union contracts negotiated when my father was at work, I was able to attend college. So, thank you!!! What you do is appreciated.

• Like 10

Just want to let all the hourly workers out there know that salaried workers like myself appreciate the struggles that you've gone throughout your history for wages, benefits and other items such as holidays and paid vacation. Without your struggles and negotiation skills, items such as the Labor Day Holiday would not exist. To me, Labor Day is a holiday in which I remember my father and grandfather who both were in organized labor. Because of the the union contracts negotiated when my father was at work, I was able to attend college. So, thank you!!! What you do is appreciated.

Thanx suhnation. UAW workers are simply awesome. we gave when the company asked us to. now we need the company to return the favor.

• Like 3

Thank you so much for your kind post!

• Like 3

Well said and agreed.

• Like 1

How do we get you into the Glass House?

Good post. Have a safe holiday weekend with your family and for yourself. Come Tuesday try to hold on to that gratitude.

Seriously, there are more than a few company folks that get the shaft as much as hourly. No one of us can do it all and it takes all of us to make it work.

Too bad upper management doesn't see it that way.

To all my brothers and sisters in Ford, have a safe Labor Day.

• Like 3

Your man,Suh,better stop the personal fouls or he will be labeled a goon.All the coaching those guys get and still they commit dumb penalties?Have a great holiday!

• Like 1

Thank you

You realize the commitments to investments that the IUAW gains in bargaining is a direct benefit to you and your Salary counterparts.

Thanks for the support

• Like 3

Who all is going to the Labor Day parade on woodward and representing your local and UAW as a whole?

Will be there again.

And thank you Suh for the kind words, if only those that really shaped things could see some actually to appreciate their struggles.

Edited by lquidspine
  • Like 1

I'll be watching the Labor day parade on a 12" tv screen being as tho my 40" proscan took a shit!. What a piece of junk proscan is LCD 40LD45Q, it's the 4th time I've had the back off, even sent out the power supply to a tv repair guy in NY that claimed to know his shit, sent it back un worked on (glad he didn't charge me tho), got a replacement power supply from Proscan that lasted 2 weeks. I hope the good ol'e Donald didn't buy Proscans for his new hotel, or maybe he did and this is why he doesn't like China anymore..

I'll just replace the caps myself and get the job done.. (Everyone wish me luck on this).. I'll need it..

lol

Be careful standing in the bath tub while handling the caps.

• Like 1

Nice to hear good comments on here.

• Like 1

Normally I sit in a chair when repairing tv's but thank you for such great advice.. It almost sounded like you wanted me to electrocute myself. That's pretty bad to wish ill will against someone, remember it might come back and bite you in the ass. Like you may have a family member sick or something. That's how karma works.

I hope the lord blesses you in mysterious ways my friend.

Another example of Chuckie being a dumb ass.

Normally I sit in a chair when repairing tv's but thank you for such great advice.. It almost sounded like you wanted me to electrocute myself. That's pretty bad to wish ill will against someone, remember it might come back and bite you in the ass. Like you may have a family member sick or something. That's how karma works.

I hope the lord blesses you in mysterious ways my friend.

Sarcasm apparently doesn't translate through the ether very well.

Be safe. Happy Labor Day.

Refreshing, Thank You

• Like 1

Thank you Suh Nation. We are grateful for your acknowledgment.

I can't remember the last Labor Day march that I missed. It is so good to meet people from other locals and especially 80-90 year old retirees who join us by riding on the buses. It is unfortunate that most active members don't even bother to attend these very important marches. My father...who is a salaried retiree even used to go down to watch the march in Detroit when he was able.

Once again thank you for noticing :)

Edited by Hard Driver
  • Like 1