GM Chief Markerter Unfazed by Ecoboost

I was comparing 4X2's. Most of the frame is the same, the rear suspension was revised a couple of years ago. Rear springs have one less leaf in most applications, but they seem to be a bit thicker (less friction between the leafs), new shocks. The U-bolts are the other way, nuts on the bottom. Maybe they ride a little better empty, no difference I can feel loaded. The coil spring axle (along with a much wider track) on the later 450's and 550's made the turning radius much better, but again, they ride and handle about the same.

I won't bring up 'death wobble', as that usually happens in 4X4's with poorly designed lift kits and/or incorrect alignment spec's.

I manage a big fleet, and we buy from Ford, GM, and Chrysler. I have a lot of experience with all of them in a working environment, side by side, doing the same jobs day in day out.

We are impressed with the 2011 GM HD's. Yes, the sheetmetal and interiors are 2007, no question. But, GM really did their homework on the new chassis and suspension. I understand that the new chassis is 'pull ahead' 2014.

I am looking forward to the next generation Super Duty. I have heard a few rumors about it, and it will be interesting to see if they are true........

Edited by 7Mary3