DAMN!

Die Wahrheit

Add onto that Ford has the least amount of cash when compared with GM or Chrysler. Ford still has $12 billion in debt. GM & Chrysler had their debt erased. The negotiators at Ford got a lot more than what the negotiatiors at GM got and Ford has less money. People need to get over their delusions that Ford is in great shape. If you look at the financial figures, they are not. But, maybe the NO voters idea is to drive Ford into bankruptcy. Then, you will get nothing.

drive ford into bankruptcy lol, hey $IUAW$ slappy, go tell Mullaly that when he took his big ass paycheck.. OH WAIT, HE'S FINE WHERE HE'S AT!

• Like 3

I am leaning yes from what I've heard and read, but still need to get more information on the contract.

Why are you leaning yes, just out of curiosity? I am trying to make up my mind and I want to get an idea of what other people think is good vs. what is bad?

Just joined about a month ago, and i'm trying to see how this contract seems to people outside my area so I can make a decision that benefits the whole instead of just me (before people hit me with being a shill for the company or the IUAW YES I AM LOW SENORITY AND YES I STILL BELIEVE ALL THE BS ABOUT SOLIDARITY AND BEING YOUR BROTHER OR SISTERS KEEPER LOL)

Why are you leaning yes, just out of curiosity? I am trying to make up my mind and I want to get an idea of what other people think is good vs. what is bad?

Just joined about a month ago, and i'm trying to see how this contract seems to people outside my area so I can make a decision that benefits the whole instead of just me (before people hit me with being a shill for the company or the IUAW YES I AM LOW SENORITY AND YES I STILL BELIEVE ALL THE BS ABOUT SOLIDARITY AND BEING YOUR BROTHER OR SISTERS KEEPER LOL)

The "no voters" could careless about brotherhood.......... they have job security from previous agreements and have no pity for the rest of us>>>>>>>

To them solidarity is a one way street

• Like 2

Don't hold your beeath on those "Investments" or new jobs...After all, 7000 of thjose jobs were already promised why weren't they working BEFORE the end of the contract that they were promised in

Anyone that thinks that these "Investments" are a resuilt of bargianing...needs to wake up. Ford does nothing in a short 2-3 month period of negpotiations. Those decisions were made LONG ago, and simply held in check as a carrot for the masses at contract time.

As for the rest...a simple one dollar an hour in COLA will net you much more than the measly 1500 they are offereing each yeasr, plus the bonus of lower tax rates than a bonus, and NO 1.15 % going to the IUAW... WQe are getting Shafted once again, and by our own UNION

Dont believe any of the new jobs being created! This contract sucks and needs to be voted down. Kansas city and ohap were already promised work before the contract. Dont let them fool you. Its all bullshit and a no vote for me. We deserve more and dont forget Mullaly made 27 million thats bs!

• Like 1

I usually just read and don't post but wanted to add my 2 cents. I will vote yes on this contract. Why? Because of the job security it poses and the new jobs that will be created. I didn't think we would get back all we lost in one shot. With today economy I think we are getting a pretty good deal. JMHO

• Like 2

So many here say, "Yes, it means job security!" And I have said many here would sell-out their brother for a $1500.00 signing bonus.

Well, the contract is here. Walton Hills was named to be closed. TC is closing. OHAP is going to be a 1 shift operation when the Econoline is replaced by the Transit.

Solidarity? My ASS. "I got mine. Screw the rest" is more like it. I have tried to invoke a response from all here and have been consciously avoided by the rest of these "brothers".

Am I the only one that gives more than lip service to the concern that the IUAW and the Company are buying our vote with a penance in exchange for the livelihood of those on ILO, LTS, Trades to Production.........and the employees at OHAP and it's dependent sister plant WHSP.?

If we were truly a Union, standing side by side for our mutual benefit, we would NOT be cheering for this contract. We'd be demanding 100% employment. PERIOD!!! "I'll take my signing bonus and buy a new snowmobile" while a brother goes to the street, or is forced to pack his family and ship off to God knows where, just to keep their job. That's what it comes down to. These lip-locked shills are pushing for this deal. And only the slightest few have expressed any kind of remorse at the death of another plant. Last time they shuttered 5 plants. Today, luckily, or not so, only one is facing immenent closure. The second shoe drops in 2014 when OHAP drops a shift. Anyone else got the gonads to say 100% employment before benefits? .......crickets chirping...........

The only ones raising concern for those plants closed in the old contract or the new one are the ones directly effected, and the only ones cheerleading this new contract are the ones who gladly "sold-out their brother" for a signing bonus and empty promises of future commitments. The yes votes will outnumber them and you'll soon forget about them. Or you'll try and pray the other members don't sell you out in the next contract.......for a new snow blower!

God help you and your family when the tables are turned.

In Brotherhood, whatever that means today.

FiredMotorCompany

• Like 1

Not intending to attack you as much as to point out you have recently joined and conveniently have revealed little of your previous thoughts. While it is possible that you are, as some have implied, a shill, I do not assign that to you. What I was implying it all this wasn't important to you until the past month...or you are re-entering under a new alias.

Be that as it may, our brothers at Walton Hills are now going to face what so many others have had to since 2007. It's the "Cheerleader" attitude I have issues with. Yes, many are getting new products and job security, but I refuse to let this pass without rubbing everyone's nose in the fact that a YES means Walton Hills Stamping plant closes. And we will be party to it happening. That, my brother, leaves one helluva bad taste in my mouth and it reeks of selfishness.

Not meaning to be on the defensive, just stating that I`m not looking for acceptance. As for being a "cheer leader" well, my day`s of being on the line have come and gone but I have never forgot where I started.

As for previous thoughts, lets see... 1976 just under 90 day`s in when I went on strike. Worked in all 3 spray booths in big paint and all 3 spray booths in small parts for the next three and a halve years, didn`t have much time to have thoughts. 12 to 14 hours a day, as many days as I could take it. Then the reduction in force.... lots of thoughts. It didn`t take long to realize just how good I had it Paint. I listened to members complain that they would quit before going to Paint and how it was so hot and dirty over there. My thoughts, were just how the hell do I get back to my department...

Thanks for not labeling me a shill. Important in the last month... well, no not really. Actually, I`ve had the privilege to serve on the local level. My luck I guess, I got elected during one of the worst down turns this country has seen since the depression. I had to help sometimes 12 to 14 hours a day, as many days as I could take it. I looked into the eyes of members that had real problems. I listened to them and called state and federal agencies to find help. I watched families come apart. I helped move parents into kids houses and helped kids move back home. As their Financial Secretary it was just part of my duties. And besides that's just me. My thoughts, were how the hell do we get back to the good times....

Now I`m getting old and the eyes just don't see color at all but, my perception of the contract is, members getting product to build, LTS`s getting 3 plus dollars in hourly hate increases, 6 thousand dollars or 5 thousand dollars to keep working the overtime we have. 2 family days, 8 hours then overtime, LTS`s building seniority, benefits for LTS dependents and profit sharing for all members. Yes, there will be closing of plants and I know very well how hard that is on the members and there families but, with added product and bringing product back from outside the country, this will add to the hope that these members will have a place to relocate and keep some security. Instead of having to start all over. My thoughts are with the members of Walton Hills....

As you can see I`m not asking for acceptance or trying to be credible. I was just stating my view of the world from CAP. Sometime the department you work in and the plant your at changes but, you have to make do and never give up, I got back to my department. There are members going back to KTP after spending time at CAP and we at CAP hope that some day we can help those members at Walton Hills.

But, the key to our (CAP) hopes for helping other members is through negotiations.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

ps. no thoughts, on the helluva taste in your mouth.....

• Like 3

drive ford into bankruptcy lol, hey $IUAW$ slappy, go tell Mullaly that when he took his big ass paycheck.. OH WAIT, HE'S FINE WHERE HE'S AT!

Vote this contract down, if you want, you may need to change that avatar of yours, because I don't think we're going to keep all our potential customers if we reject this contract, and it will be Honda fucking us again. Except for those protestors on Wall Street, who aren't generating one tenth the amount of publicity you would think they would generate, most of the middle class could give a damn what Mullaly made. The think he did a great job, so far, at Ford, when home grown execs tanked the company.

• Like 4

Vote this contract down, if you want, you may need to change that avatar of yours, because I don't think we're going to keep all our potential customers if we reject this contract, and it will be Honda fucking us again. Except for those protestors on Wall Street, who aren't generating one tenth the amount of publicity you would think they would generate, most of the middle class could give a damn what Mullaly made. The think he did a great job, so far, at Ford, when home grown execs tanked the company.

Most of America does believe it was because of Alan Mulally that Ford is back from the brink. That is true. I think the UAW could do fairly well in a PR campaign if it came to a strike with the exception of all the idiots on this site who really have no clue why they are against it. These would be the people on TV and America would think we are just a bunch of greedy dummies. As for Alan Mulally, he is CEO of the Company, he has a base pay rate with stock options. There is only one CEO, but there are 41,000 union members. If members want to make $20K a year and have stock options so they can be like Mulally, I am pretty sure Ford would agree with that.

• Like 2

I`m very proud of Jimmy and the whole bargaining team.

But, its far from my first time. (being glad to be union) We, my union, have been through a lot of ups and downs through the last 35 years. I for one can say one thing many friends and family can not, every week for the last 35 years I have received some form of compensation from a UAW/Ford contract. Whether it was a good hourly rate or vacation time or personal business time or holiday pay the weekly compensation was there. Even when I was layed off, the unemployment check and S.U.B. check was good compensation.

Some will say, "it should be more" or "we should get more" but, I have to stop and think of what others (friends and family) are getting paid or what they don`t get in benefits and how many times I hear people ask for a chance to work for Ford because of the UAW pay and benefits.

This agreement will help our young sisters and brothers realize that as long as we, our union, work for and negotiate for all its members, they will realize that compensation every week. The strength in the members at the "have" facilities, fighting to help the facilities that are not as lucky as those working overtime and have products, has once again worked out for us, the UNION.

Proud to see the membership benefit from the negotiations. I will be supporting this agreement with a yes vote.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

I`m very proud of what the Union stands for and truely thankful for what the past leaders have put in place through their negociations. And still belevie totally in the concept of negociations.

So when I received the phone calls, I was really set back.... After listening to explainions of the forgotten text in the highlights and how some things were not as they are portrayed in the agreement. I thanked those that call. I will step back and rethink my support for this agreement.

To put it in my word`s,

Because of the hidden truths and forgotten langange that have been revealed about this agreement, I will be with drawing my support for this agreement, in its current state.

Don`t give up, never stop and be hopeful our union will bring us just some of the fruits of our labor.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

I`m very proud of Jimmy and the whole bargaining team.

But, its far from my first time. (being glad to be union) We, my union, have been through a lot of ups and downs through the last 35 years. I for one can say one thing many friends and family can not, every week for the last 35 years I have received some form of compensation from a UAW/Ford contract. Whether it was a good hourly rate or vacation time or personal business time or holiday pay the weekly compensation was there. Even when I was layed off, the unemployment check and S.U.B. check was good compensation.

Some will say, "it should be more" or "we should get more" but, I have to stop and think of what others (friends and family) are getting paid or what they don`t get in benefits and how many times I hear people ask for a chance to work for Ford because of the UAW pay and benefits.

Proud to see the membership benefit from the negotiations. I will be supporting this agreement with a yes vote.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

Edited by namelocbob@yahoo.com

Not intending to attack you as much as to point out you have recently joined and conveniently have revealed little of your previous thoughts. While it is possible that you are, as some have implied, a shill, I do not assign that to you. What I was implying it all this wasn't important to you until the past month...or you are re-entering under a new alias.

Be that as it may, our brothers at Walton Hills are now going to face what so many others have had to since 2007. It's the "Cheerleader" attitude I have issues with. Yes, many are getting new products and job security, but I refuse to let this pass without rubbing everyone's nose in the fact that a YES means Walton Hills Stamping plant closes. And we will be party to it happening. That, my brother, leaves one helluva bad taste in my mouth and it reeks of selfishness.

Thanks for your support!!

Most of America does believe it was because of Alan Mulally that Ford is back from the brink. That is true. I think the UAW could do fairly well in a PR campaign if it came to a strike with the exception of all the idiots on this site who really have no clue why they are against it. These would be the people on TV and America would think we are just a bunch of greedy dummies. As for Alan Mulally, he is CEO of the Company, he has a base pay rate with stock options. There is only one CEO, but there are 41,000 union members. If members want to make $20K a year and have stock options so they can be like Mulally, I am pretty sure Ford would agree with that.

Mulally is not worth 27 million. Look at what the other CEOs get not even close. Share the wealth or a no vote. NO for me and grow some balls. Who cares what the tv and america thinks its none of there business.

Ive seen alot in 19 years. avon lake to lorain back to avon then to sandusky and now back at avon. and waiting to transfer to louisvillle. this agreement for avon is a kick in the face. our last president nick sold us out and we lost the transit now being built in kc. So we get the camper frame and the f 650 and 750. we build around 740 vans a day. our orderbank is around 6000. we have two shifts. 1850 manpower. what is going to happen when such a low build unit comes? even though we will continue to build the e series cutaways. its not enough for 80 plus hrs of production a week.

THIS DEAL SUCKS FOR OHAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but its better than hearing its going to be shuttered.

Im voteing no on this contract because ive been there. done that. and heard it all. and i believe that ford needs to share the wealth.

as for the concessions coming up in nov....heck im hopeing for a vouche program at the minimum. say 15 grand. i would love to buy a new f150 but i cant afford it in these harder times.

ok theres my two cents. hope i get some good cred. oh and i hope kentucky has better weather than this lake erie effect shit.

Mulally is not worth 27 million. Look at what the other CEOs get not even close. Share the wealth or a no vote. NO for me and grow some balls. Who cares what the tv and america thinks its none of there business.

Then you are one dumb motherfucker. America has plenty on non union assembled cars to pick from. After our industry's laundry was publicly aired for all to see, in 2009, the majority of America thinks it is their business as long as we expect them to buy our cars. They don't liek what we get, they take their business else where. Then where will we be?

Other CEO's don't come close? Try educate yourself before you post something like that. Carlos Ghosn got $9.8 million in 2009 and $9.5 million in 2010 from Nissan alone, plus what he got from Renault. His pay from Renault added to his Nissan pay brought him up to $12 million. Add Renault and Nissan together, and compare their size to Ford, and his pay is proportional to what Mulally made. Fact-of-life. Plus the Japanese don't count a lot of perks, given to their CEO's, as compensation, so it makes an accurate comparison hard to make.

• Like 2

Decker again not to offend you but you were for it and now you are against it? When you blasted me for saying you were lucky to make the amount you stated that it was because of the leadership years prior. Years prior the agreements were give backs and concessions. Now I know I am coming from the angle of LAP and our new product but now this contract is anything but concessionary and you are against it? We have over 140 members at CAP and they tell me your plant has a big number of LTS's that under this will be post dated seniority and a pay bump with a bonus. Sounds like you are upset about how this will play out with your leadership and the block they will obtain.

• Like 2

Decker again not to offend you but you were for it and now you are against it? When you blasted me for saying you were lucky to make the amount you stated that it was because of the leadership years prior. Years prior the agreements were give backs and concessions. Now I know I am coming from the angle of LAP and our new product but now this contract is anything but concessionary and you are against it? We have over 140 members at CAP and they tell me your plant has a big number of LTS's that under this will be post dated seniority and a pay bump with a bonus. Sounds like you are upset about how this will play out with your leadership and the block they will obtain.

uaw12, these people don't know what the hell they want. If you gave them everything they want (which they have no clue) they would vote it down. We are dealing with idiots on BOF.

• Like 3

Blasting anyone was not the intent, I was trying to point out that we too were a plant with a poor future at best and now we are a "have" plant. Product, facility improvements and overtime.

But through the past, former or prior negotiators we were given all the information they had and turned this information over to members to use in their decision on the last group of concessions. They knew that it was not a popular or for that matter a good political move. But the information was pasted on.

Then as now, I gave my feeling to the members that asked for my opinion. (never telling anyone to vote for or against) Exchanged what information I received. I even stated, like this situation, I supported the chance of helping our membership and along with possible help for other plants in our situation through any benefits the agreement might give. On the basis of the information I had at the time.

I went to Region4 for the Q&A and sat in two meetings at our Hall with IUAW Rep`s and listened to their explanations. I always kept an open mind through these meetings and came away with a feeling that these Rep`s were not to sure of them selves or the material they were presenting. But, then after they left and before the voting started our Chairman had a meeting and spelled it out to those that came. We, CAP, were in line for products, investment and facility improvements and other plants were not. He went on to say how we had to go out and give as much information and try to explain as much as we can to the membership so they can make their decision. He stated we should not be confrontational but, let the members vent and remind them that we would be getting a lot of work and the products are projected to be very good sales units.

We projected all the information we received to our members, the best we could. It was voted down. But, we did what was asked. (and received what we were told)

Now at present, I received some information on the contract and was sure I would be able to back up my good feelings on this contract with additional information (facts) that I was sure was coming soon. I did go out on a limb and with my hopeful way of being, stated I would support this agreement.

Then a few day`s and asking many questions later, I find myself short on information, facts and any sort of reason.

I compiled some questions and received many questions from members. Went to the web site read, read, and read some more. Asked members that attended the Regional Q&A and well lets say, I was sure these members would be more resourceful... Then I took a wrong turn and mistook the White pages for contract language. Was quickly pointed in the right direction and proceeded to try and see a copy of the Red Books.

In the mean time, I think... hey, lets have a special membership meeting? It was only Wednesday and Sunday would be a day or two before we vote. So my old ass texted both the President and the Unit Chair along with most of the E-Board. In the mean time I'm still texting and trying to catch up with the Unit Chair to look over the "RED BOOKS". All the time my phone and the (dam) textings is getting more and more intense and just a little goofy....

Ok, to cut this down a little... I never was called or texted back from any E-Board member, the President and Unit Chair either.... NO SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING??? I was told by an appointed Rep that their wasn`t going to be a meeting because "its their contract let them "IUAW" explain this thing"... After reading and reading I had a good idea of the White pages so, when I did catch up with the Unit Chair and asked please, I open the RED BOOK. My face must have sent a funny message because the Unit Chair said, WHA?? I said "this is the same as the white pages"... ??? He stated yep. I asked to see the book with the contract language as it will be and he stated your looking at it. I was given the defensive posturing and the attitude of a man that wished he was somewhere else or much larger maybe... so I left.

I`m not sure if the so called LTS to Entry Level is clear enough to me to consider it a problem for any political gain. One thing I still can`t get an answer to is the 20% LTS cap. Will it be a one for one? Who will keep track of the LTS numbers? At 41 thousand members do we have to hit 8200 LTS before any of these members become entry level? If there is a reduction in force will they hit the street? or will they go back to LTS level and LTS`s hit the street? How would their rate of pay be adjusted if they reduce to LTS?

There is a political gain in this agreement, stop and think of the $1.50 for Group Leaders... it is applied on a plant by plant basis with the Bargaining Units doing the deciding. As i read it. So, if I or any other member is so inclined, I would hope and pray our Unit Chair gives this "block" there $1.50.... Hmmm... how that would go over at CAP I can only wonder.

My questions on the back up time, over time for anything over 8 hours, how will this effect 4 - 10hour days or the 5 - 8 hour days

My question on the 20% cap and if it has to be reached before LTS become entry level,

My question on just seeing the strike clause

My question on the cap on eligible hours for Profit Sharing

My question on the 12 thousand dollar cap on profit sharing and how much profit would ford have to make to reach this cap

and on and on....

With this said, I had to with draw my support on the basis of lack of facts to back up the early information. And the non engaged Local Representatives.

I think the IUAW could have helped a little better with the passing on of information and the Local Rep`s could have thought that this was "our" contract and engaged a little more.

Blasting, no. Sometimes a little touchy on my part, sorry to much stress.... no offense taken young brother.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

If this is such a " GREAT CONTRACT" then why are they throwing money at us to vote yes??? It should pass on its own merits. Also why do they feel the need to give me 2 quarters of profit sharing up front so come March of 2012 I'll get even less. And what about the one time charges from a few years back worth $17 BILLION DOLLARS that they need to claim this year as profit being excluded from profit sharing?? Its all in the highlights. Ford ain't got no money BULLSHIT Ford is giving us jobs & job security BULLSHIT!!!! Allen 56 MILLION DOLLAR sarlary BULLSHIT!!! Bob King telling us we'll get back what we gave up come contract time BULLSHIT !!!!!! Arbitration thats coming up in Nov......we ain't getting nothing BULLSHIT !!!!! So Jimmy Settles step in that BULLSHIT !!!!!! And local 900 which will pass this overwhelmingly BULLSHIT !!!!! Have a nice day Brothers & Sisters :shades:

• Like 1

My questions on the back up time, over time for anything over 8 hours, how will this effect 4 - 10hour days or the 5 - 8 hour days

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

Decker we asked at MAP's meeteing yesterday and this language pertains to skill trades only. We did not get overtime restored to general production.