Silent Majority

I will not vote for this contract to appease foreign car driving idiots that already don't support is or this American economy... I will vote for what is right for my family and my brothers and sisters... On sure Allen and Bill will make a billion over four years by the time this contract ends. And hell they already proven that if times are bad they will open it up and ask for concessions. I'm voting for Fords current situation. I'm sure in 2 years when they are making 20 billion a year the union will not demand they open the contract to compensate us when they are making record profits from our continual and progressive concessions....

• Like 2

Agree 100%. You still need to add in the $1,500 per year plus additional profit sharing numbers. It can add up to a nice number over 4 years and if this contract is turned down you can bet those numbers will be plastered all over the news media and Ford will lose big time in the public PR arena which will hurt sales just as you said. Most workers, including union workers in today's America are taking it on the chin and even they will turn against Ford workers. This will result in a big loss in sales and the workers will be guaranteed to get less whether in smaller profit sharing or closed plants, opening up the contract again, etc.. Getting wage increases back would be great but that can be fought for the next contract if the economy is better. You can only fight from strength and given the numbers of UAW members in the big three the UAW did a great job. The UAW has no strength now and will lose big time, especially at Ford, if the contract is turned down.

With the addition of 10,000 jobs, that should give us more voice in 2015. Plus, this contract brings in work from Mexico, China and Japan. This shrinks Fords global supply base.

• Like 2

I also will be voting YES.

I work at DTP. I have almost 20 years seniority. This is my third plant, all assembly (Wixom,aai,dtp)

The impact of the bad economy over the last few years has caused some of my family members (plural) to lose their jobs and their homes.

I realize how lucky I am to have a job.

I also had a family member in a Salaried position who lost his job when Ford trimmed people. He had no union to fall back on.

He will not be "GETTING BACK WHAT HE LOST" Like some people are saying they need to be getting in this contract...

Here is some math to look at, I may be off base here, but from what I have seen so far in the contract is that we will be receiving $10,000.00 by the end of this year in total bonuses.

Break it down:

$10,000.00 divided into four years of the contract = $2,500.00 bucks a year.

$2,500.00 bucks a year divided into 52 weeks in that year = Around $48.00 bucks a week

$48.00 bucks a week divided into your forty hours worked that week = $1.20 an hour.

So, In essence ford is guaranteeing you a payment that will be equal to you getting $1.20 an hour raise for the next four years.

That doesn't sound too bad to me considering that if you add in the other payments the $10,000.00 amount climbs to over $16,000.00 before the end of the contract.

Blah blah blah go suck off mr Mullaly. Im tiredm of people saying this is a good contract. This is shit! The economy has not hurt Ford the past 2 years. You people want to let the company run all over us. It stops here. A NO VOTE for me and majority at DTP are voting no. So grow some balls!

• Like 2

Chicago Assembly Plant. It's a good contract for the membership. All these non-skilled laborers who think they deserve more... can take the $50,000 buyout and come back later as LTS's because no one else will hire them. People don't let these idiots (that cannot even manage their households) dictate the conversation. Vote YES ... I'm very dissapointed to hear so many union appointed cronies bad mouth this contract ... they are the #1 beneficiaries of the status quo ... They should not be allowed to bad mouth the UAW.

Corecting my stance and realizing the IUAW may not be as truthful as I once gave them credit for....

After finishing reading the contract today and listening to the phone calls from retireed UAW Rep`s, I belevie I`ve found the truth about this agreement, I found things missing from the last master agreement.

In addision I have become aware that we will be capped at 1850 hours for a profit sharing total, for a year, for all four years of the contract.

And will all LTS`s really become entry level?

The missing article from the present master agreement, is on page 25 on the present agreement "Right to Strike". Vote on an agreement that doesn`t have language and you don`t have the right.

1850 hours cap works out to about 35 hours a week that will be eligable for profit sharing. The plants llike mine that have forced overtime in place and agreed on by some of the Bargaining Unit will receive no profit sharing for the force overtime. With this cap a member wiil receive half of the 1850 in November and the other half in March. That is 925 hours of profit sharing each time. A Chairman in most plant has his 1850 cap before June first. In my plant most repairmen do to. (yes I`m a repirman) Nice gift to the company....

Will it take a full 20% in the system before one LTS becomes entry level? If so when or will we ever reach to 20% level? Who will keep tract? From plant to plant?

With a clearer awareness, I will not be supporting this agreement. I still have full respect for the ture Union idea of respect, fairness and equality. The Union ideal is not in this agreement.

Don`t give up hope, stand strong and allow our Union Rep`s to bring back some fruit from our labor, in a few weeks.

Decker

Chi Town Assembly

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

The top 1% earn 24% of the income in this country cause idiots like you are so drunk off the koolaid you think it should be that way. Keep being a sheep so that number reaches 50%... I for one believe we deserve better treatment for the hard work we do while making this company leaner and more competitive. WE move this company forward as much as Allen,Bill or Marty... It's time we are afforded the respect we've earned...

• Like 1

yOU KNOW whats worse than a ball sack? A right wing ball sack! Thats what you are anti. VOte Hell yes....

I'm a right wing ball sack too. Have a go at me bitch. You left wing fag-loving, anti gun, politically correct fucks make me sick. Being right wing doesn't have to mean you hate unions dumb fuck. It means you support the principles that made this country great. Not the anti god, anti country, anti family pukes on the left. Have a look at those around you. You would be suprised at how many of your friends are right wing.

I'm proud to be part of a union but our leadership is corrupt. They are in bed with the company. If you don't believe it, look at the past 4 years and probably the next 4. Evidence enough? I would love to have my raises back, my COLA, my 6 min, my 10% of my profit sharing but all you assholes that vote for this contract WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for giving them up for your lifetime if you haven't already. Just as someone else stated in this thread, we have earned the right to a raise and restoration of our concessions. The guilt put on us for demanding them is bullshit. You sound like a company plant when you talk this shit up and talk us down.

Give me my god

Give me my family

Give me my country

Give me my guns

Give me a raise

Give me less taxes

and get the fuck out of my life

Everything Obama and the "left wing" hates.

• Like 1

Great post Glass.

Let me remind some of you of a not so distant past:

Ford UAW 2007 contract talks:

“The Dearborn-based automaker has named 10 plants it will definitely close by 2012 as part of a restructuring, and it is considering closing six more. Those six plants have not been named but are under consideration in the contract talks.

Gardner said those six plants could include Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant, which used just 65 percent of its capacity in 2006, and plants that make trucks and sport utility vehicles, including the Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky and the Michigan Truck Plant in Wayne which also makes the Focus. A Canadian plant that makes large sedans also is considered vulnerable, but it's not part of this year's talks because it's not covered by the UAW”

This is what you get when you go after the old formula, a “money” contract, and not a “jobs” contract. We as Union brothers and sisters cannot turn our backs on American Jobs. Don’t be led by right wing militants that want nothing other than to see the collapse of the UAW.

I’m sure you remember the concessions, you’re on here talking about them all over the board. Why did we accept the concessions in the first place, it wasn’t about money that’s for damn sure, it was to save jobs and it did just that.

If we return to the formula that we once had, we will lose more of our brothers and sisters with plant closings. Jobs cost more money then we will ever gain in incremental pay and benefit increases, and that’s a fact. Our National negotiating team won us exactly what we deserve, Jobs. I know that some will say that our forefathers put their blood sweat and tears into what we have within our collective bargaining agreement. But, in those days the fight was much different. The big 3 employed damn near everyone we knew. They really didn’t have to fight for jobs, hell people moved from a Ford plant to a GM plant by simply quitting one and going to the other the next day. The fight has changed in today’s age, now it’s about preserving jobs, gaining jobs and increasing our membership.

We need American jobs and we need our work returned to the U.S.

I support this contract.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body Shop

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

• Like 3

Great post Glass.

“The Dearborn-based automaker has named 10 plants it will definitely close by 2012 as part of a restructuring, and it is considering closing six more. Those six plants have not been named but are under consideration in the contract talks.

Gardner said those six plants could include Ford's Chicago Assembly Plant, which used just 65 percent of its capacity in 2006, and plants that make trucks and sport utility vehicles, including the Louisville Assembly Plant in Kentucky and the Michigan Truck Plant in Wayne which also makes the Focus. A Canadian plant that makes large sedans also is considered vulnerable, but it's not part of this year's talks because it's not covered by the UAW”

This is what you get when you go after the old formula, a “money” contract, and not a “jobs” contract. We as Union brothers and sisters cannot turn our backs on American Jobs. Don’t be led by right wing militants that want nothing other than to see the collapse of the UAW.

I’m sure you remember the concessions, you’re on here talking about them all over the board. Why did we accept the concessions in the first place, it wasn’t about money that’s for damn sure, it was to save jobs and it did just that.

If we return to the formula that we once had, we will lose more of our brothers and sisters with plant closings. Jobs cost more money then we will ever gain in incremental pay and benefit increases, and that’s a fact. Our National negotiating team won us exactly what we deserve, Jobs. I know that some will say that our forefathers put their blood sweat and tears into what we have within our collective bargaining agreement. But, in those days the fight was much different. The big 3 employed damn near everyone we knew. They really didn’t have to fight for jobs, hell people moved from a Ford plant to a GM plant by simply quitting one and going to the other the next day. The fight has changed in today’s age, now it’s about preserving jobs, gaining jobs and increasing our membership.

I support this contract.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Thanks, Jeff. Some sanity among the stupidity on this site.

• Like 2

The silent majority is probably Yes votes, but the silent ones in my plant are talking more and more about voting Yes.

The more the members get informed on the contract, the more we like it. Cutting through the bullshit from a lot of the dumb mother fuckers who like to spread lies. There are a lot on this site. It's like a dumb ass circle jerk.

Overall, this is a decent contract, and my vote is "yes". This contract provides 6000 new jobs. This contract saves Ohio Assembly, and Flatrock from closing. This contract gives us about $10,000 in the next few months. I do wish it gave back some of our benefits, but for the most part I can deal with this contract. The most important reason to vote yes is to maintain a good public image. Since Ford did not accept tax money in the bad economic times, we were able to gain some new customer. Many of these customers are former GM and Chrysler buyers. If we reject a contract that gives us $10,000, and all the pay and benefits we now receive, we will lose customers.

I am in total agreement with you. We cannot get everything that has been lost in one contract, although I wish we could. I hate to say it but at least we are still working and where else are we going to get what this contract gives us. The more our company makes the more we will make. I wanted more, dont we always? VOTING YES! PLEASE JOIN ME!

Edited by uawsoldier
  • Like 3

hey ,4REAL?...what does the question mark mean ..are you a walking counterdiction??or just a motherfucking asshole??like you are so quick to call others..I think your just aconfused little man.. I still vote no !

Just like my brothers and sisiters in Local 900 I will also vote NO.

• Like 1

Overall, this is a decent contract, and my vote is "yes". This contract provides 6000 new jobs. This contract saves Ohio Assembly, and Flatrock from closing. This contract gives us about $10,000 in the next few months. I do wish it gave back some of our benefits, but for the most part I can deal with this contract. The most important reason to vote yes is to maintain a good public image. Since Ford did not accept tax money in the bad economic times, we were able to gain some new customer. Many of these customers are former GM and Chrysler buyers. If we reject a contract that gives us $10,000, and all the pay and benefits we now receive, we will lose customers.

Would you sell your mother for a quarter too? This contract sells out our children, plain and simple! Two tier is what we all are fighting against aren't we? The union used to mean united we stand, divided we fall. Now they want to create a system where we have different classes of workers? If you vote yes. You are no better than the segregationists who split Americans by skin color,now you are doing it based on hiring date...."Now move to the back of the bus and no you can't eat at that restaurant!"

Pathetic what true solidarity has become......

• Like 2

The more the members get informed on the contract, the more we like it. Cutting through the bullshit from a lot of the dumb mother fuckers who like to spread lies. There are a lot on this site. It's like a dumb ass circle jerk.

It must suck to live in your hateful world.

Great post Glass.

I support this contract.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Jeff very well said nothing but the true facts. This contract means more than what the people are crying about. This contract means JOBS JOBS JOBS. We can not lose more to over sea operations any more. The UAW contract will help this country.People check the unemployment numbers that are still way to high.Boy would I like this and that and more money. The fact of the mater we are coming out of the worst jobs market in over 80 years . By bring back jobs from over seas and keeping the ones we have now is a win for all of us. The numbers in the uaw have falling to the lowest level ever. New Jobs bring more power to all of us at the Bargaining table. If we continue to lose our membership and the jobs that go with them both the UAW and this country will be stall and fall deeper into recession. Good post Jeff and good luck brother.

• Like 2

Would you sell your mother for a quarter too? This contract sells out our children, plain and simple! Two tier is what we all are fighting against aren't we? The union used to mean united we stand, divided we fall. Now they want to create a system where we have different classes of workers? If you vote yes. You are no better than the segregationists who split Americans by skin color,now you are doing it based on hiring date...."Now move to the back of the bus and no you can't eat at that restaurant!"

Pathetic what true solidarity has become......

There are a lot of employees who are clinically retarded. They are the ones voting NO. The rest of us have a responsibility to protect these idiots and vote YES! Vote YES I already did. Chicago Assembly Plant will save your ASS.