WAKE UP FORD WORKERS

HAD ENOUGH?

OUR UNION SAYS THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT. I STAND BY THEM. ITS A EASY "NO" VOTE. I WON'T BE READING ANY REPLIES TO THIS. YOUR COMMENTS MEAN NOTHING TO ME! ENJOY!

The tentative Ford contract means this: Ford will give us a signing bonus of $6,000 (before taxes), plus four $1,500 bonuses (before taxes) and promises of profit-sharing. But we lose all the concessions we gave up. Everything that we want back, Ford said NO! NO! NO!

NO raises, NO COLA, NO performance bonuses, NO Christmas bonuses, NO Easter Monday holiday, NO return of lost break time. NO overtime after 8 hours. (Letter on back-up time doesn’t change this.)

First tier autoworkers lost up to $30,000 in concessions over the last few years. Now Ford wants to continue these concessions for another 4 years. At what cost to us? Lose another $30,000? All for $12,000 in bonuses? No raises for 4 more years, after we have already waited 6 years?

They give us 2011 profit-sharing this November – by taking it away from next March’s money – hoping we will jump at the money now and forget about what happens later.

The biggest concession is that 2-tier will continue.

This contract does not bring up the 2nd-tier workers up to first tier. This contract keeps them permanent 2nd-tier, with no path to move up to first tier wages and benefits. The pay increase, spread over 4 years, barely makes up for what 2nd-tier workers lost in the 2009 concessions. The supposed 20% limit on 2nd-tier workers is filled with loopholes. The percentage of 2nd-tier workers will increase, meaning the threat of everyone being eventually reduced to 2nd-tier will increase.

The profit-sharing formula is supposed to be improved, by including North American operations instead of just the U.S. But what is to keep Ford from shifting profits around to hide them? Do you trust Ford? There is also a cap on profit-sharing when there didn't used to be one. And there is no guarantee of getting profit-sharing every year.

This contract makes us pay for what Ford did not put into the VEBA. The VEBA is underfunded because Ford only put in 57% of what was needed for retiree health care. Retirees are paying more out of pocket. Instead of making Ford pay for their obligations, this contract would take 10% of any profit-sharing we might get to put into the VEBA.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.

When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.

They want us to accept that these concessions will be permanent. But we don’t have to stand by and watch our families’ standard of living be permanently reduced, while our bosses are the only ones who prosper from our hard work.

The Ford contract does have more upfront money than the GM contract. But let’s remember why it is more – because we voted “No” in 2009. It ‘s a good lesson to remember this time.

I’m voting “NO” and I ask you to vote “NO”!

• Like 3

OUR UNION SAYS THIS IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AT. I STAND BY THEM. ITS A EASY "NO" VOTE. I WON'T BE READING ANY REPLIES TO THIS. YOUR COMMENTS MEAN NOTHING TO ME! ENJOY!

The tentative Ford contract means this: Ford will give us a signing bonus of $6,000 (before taxes), plus four $1,500 bonuses (before taxes) and promises of profit-sharing. But we lose all the concessions we gave up. Everything that we want back, Ford said NO! NO! NO!

NO raises, NO COLA, NO performance bonuses, NO Christmas bonuses, NO Easter Monday holiday, NO return of lost break time. NO overtime after 8 hours. (Letter on back-up time doesn’t change this.)

First tier autoworkers lost up to $30,000 in concessions over the last few years. Now Ford wants to continue these concessions for another 4 years. At what cost to us? Lose another $30,000? All for $12,000 in bonuses? No raises for 4 more years, after we have already waited 6 years?

They give us 2011 profit-sharing this November – by taking it away from next March’s money – hoping we will jump at the money now and forget about what happens later.

This contract does not bring up the 2nd-tier workers up to first tier. This contract keeps them permanent 2nd-tier, with no path to move up to first tier wages and benefits. The pay increase, spread over 4 years, barely makes up for what 2nd-tier workers lost in the 2009 concessions. The supposed 20% limit on 2nd-tier workers is filled with loopholes. The percentage of 2nd-tier workers will increase, meaning the threat of everyone being eventually reduced to 2nd-tier will increase.

The profit-sharing formula is supposed to be improved, by including North American operations instead of just the U.S. But what is to keep Ford from shifting profits around to hide them? Do you trust Ford? There is also a cap on profit-sharing when there didn't used to be one. And there is no guarantee of getting profit-sharing every year.

This contract makes us pay for what Ford did not put into the VEBA. The VEBA is underfunded because Ford only put in 57% of what was needed for retiree health care. Retirees are paying more out of pocket. Instead of making Ford pay for their obligations, this contract would take 10% of any profit-sharing we might get to put into the VEBA.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.

When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.

They want us to accept that these concessions will be permanent. But we don’t have to stand by and watch our families’ standard of living be permanently reduced, while our bosses are the only ones who prosper from our hard work.

The Ford contract does have more upfront money than the GM contract. But let’s remember why it is more – because we voted “No” in 2009. It ‘s a good lesson to remember this time.

I’m voting “NO” and I ask you to vote “NO”!

i agree--could u post the job numbers lost on another post ,,so these idiots know promising of jobs is a joke

• Like 3

Aint that the truth. The new laser guided flex body shop we were getting at KTP in 07 never materialized.

i guess we're supposed to do back-flips cause they are reannouncing products to plants AGAIN....oh Avon gets lower volume work new product, and OOOPS...Walton Hills gets ........THE SHAFT...

NO raises, NO COLA, NO performance bonuses, NO Christmas bonuses, NO Easter Monday holiday, NO return of lost break time. NO overtime after 8 hours. (Letter on back-up time doesn't change this.)

They give us 2011 profit-sharing this November – by taking it away from next March's money – hoping we will jump at the money now and forget about what happens later.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees' Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

They want us to accept that these concessions will be permanent. But we don't have to stand by and watch our families' standard of living be permanently reduced, while our bosses are the only ones who prosper from our hard work.

The Ford contract does have more upfront money than the GM contract. But let's remember why it is more – because we voted "No" in 2009. It 's a good lesson to remember this time.

I'm voting "NO" and I ask you to vote "NO"!

WE ALL NEED TO SPEAK UP AND EXPLAIN THIS TO ANY MEMBER THAT WILL LISTEN.

WE NEED TO EXPLAIN WITH AS MUCH PASSION AND GRACE AS THOSE WHO ARE PUSHING A YES VOTE SAYING " THIS IS THE BEST WE COULD GET."rEALLY NICK???? WHAT HAPPENED, WHAT WERE YOU PROMISED TO DO A 180???

EVEN IF WE DONT GET A RAISE, OR COLA BACK WHICH WE SHOULD.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY CANT GIVE US OUR BREAK TIME BACK, PUT AWOLS BACK TO A YEAR, OR PUT THINGS IN WRITING INSTEAD OF SAYING, " WE WILL PROMISE TO DISCUSE THE ISSUE AT A LATER DATE!

AND WHY DID GM AGREE TO PAY TRADES ON PRODUCTION TRADES WAGES AND NOT FORD? SIMPLE, THEY ARE GOING TO LEAVE US HIGH AND DRY.

THERE IS ABOLUTLEY NO PRESSURE ON THEIR PART TO PLACE OR RESKILL IF WE ARE MAKING PRODUCTION WAGES!!!

GO LIONS

• Like 2

WE ALL NEED TO SPEAK UP AND EXPLAIN THIS TO ANY MEMBER THAT WILL LISTEN.

WE NEED TO EXPLAIN WITH AS MUCH PASSION AND GRACE AS THOSE WHO ARE PUSHING A YES VOTE SAYING " THIS IS THE BEST WE COULD GET."rEALLY NICK???? WHAT HAPPENED, WHAT WERE YOU PROMISED TO DO A 180???

EVEN IF WE DONT GET A RAISE, OR COLA BACK WHICH WE SHOULD.

ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY CANT GIVE US OUR BREAK TIME BACK, PUT AWOLS BACK TO A YEAR, OR PUT THINGS IN WRITING INSTEAD OF SAYING, " WE WILL PROMISE TO DISCUSE THE ISSUE AT A LATER DATE!

AND WHY DID GM AGREE TO PAY TRADES ON PRODUCTION TRADES WAGES AND NOT FORD? SIMPLE, THEY ARE GOING TO LEAVE US HIGH AND DRY.

THERE IS ABOLUTLEY NO PRESSURE ON THEIR PART TO PLACE OR RESKILL IF WE ARE MAKING PRODUCTION WAGES!!!

GO LIONS

The UAW will never fight to get AWOLS back to a year because even tho they are there to represent us and help us, their attitude about coming to work is the same. DTP has no compassion for people that are on their last leg and can't make it in yet they allow all these women to take time off and go get their kids and leave the plant. I also agree that the AWOLS should go back to a year.. How the hell can anyone stay employed with this policy? it's almost like the IUAW and company want to just make it tough for people so they can terminate them for taking days off. Sorry but our lives with the treatment we get doesn't revolve around the plant, especially when some of us have to drive 50 miles each way to get to work.

How many times are you going to keep falling for these product commitments?

Anybody actualy try to figure out WHY these jobs keep coming back from Mexico? It sure isn't because of our concessions. Vendors come into our plant and tell us they have been to some of the meetings on the jobs coming back from Mexico. They tell us that Ford management is fed up with the bad quality they are getting down there in Mexico. Plus, if you don't think it costs FoMoCo tons in "Protection Money" to keep the management and products safe from such people as the Drug Cartels and other undesirables, you are just kidding yourself. Some of the other companies operating down there in Mexico have let it slip out that they pay "Protection Money". Ford is no different.

• Like 1

Wow I voted this morning YES YES YES. I like this contract you can't expect the company to give everything back the country is almost in a depression!!!!!!

We don't expect everything back but some of it would be nice. Ford seems to be able to give everyone a raise except those of us on the line.

Keep selling your future out. If Ford continues this way the traditional employees will be wiped out within the next 10 years.

We don't expect everything back but some of it would be nice. Ford seems to be able to give everyone a raise except those of us on the line.

Keep selling your future out. If Ford continues this way the traditional employees will be wiped out within the next 10 years.

I think this is the first contract that ford has not take anything from us!! Alot of people from Sterling is vote YES.