NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO STRIKE

lackanookey

Why would anyone want to strike Ford now???? Ford is making a great comeback, they have gained respect and many new customers, so why are so many of you willing to throw all that away for a few more dollars???? If a strike happens Ford will lose its momentum, and you will risk losing your job!! Alan Mulally made millions last year, GET OVER IT!!! He saved Ford Motor Co., and without Mulally Ford would not be as profitable as it is today!! A strike would ruin Ford right now, is that really what you want???????????? Face the facts: Everyone is taking paycuts and making sacrifices at their place of employment. For you to strike when you make more than most college educated people is idiotic!!! Be thankful you make as much as you do, you have practically free health care, and that you are even getting bonuses in this horrible economy!!! Yes the rich CEO's are making millions, but destroying your job will not change that fact!!! There are thousands of people out there right now hoping we are stupid enough to strike so that they can have our jobs!!! YOU ARE NOT IRREPLACABLE!!!!! FORD WILL SURVIVE WITHOUT YOU!!!!

Edited by lackanookey
  • Like 4

I agree with you and besides I think the National Contract is fair.The holidays/holiday pay are coming up and we are going to turn down $10,000 and go on strike?Just let me ask,,for what?KCAP has to come in witha 99% yes vote or I recommend Ford to invest ONE BILLION dollars at the Rouge Complex,well gladly take it!The overall economy remains slow.Do you know what that means?It means where else are you going to get a job as good as the ones we have now?

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

their will be no strike,this is just a uaw threat to get this passed.They will just go back to the bargaining table!

What more do you want out of the contract.I mean realistically?The old wages we made were making Ford uncompetitive,sorry to tell you that.It is a global economy now.Ford will simply fold up its wallet and do business elsewhere.

I agree with you and besides I think the National Contract is fair.The holidays/holiday pay are coming up and we are going to turn down $10,000 and go on strike?Just let me ask,,for what?KCAP has to come in witha 99% yes vote or I recommend Ford to invest ONE BILLION dollars at the Rouge Complex,well gladly take it!The overall economy remains slow.Do you know what that means?It means where else are you going to get a job as good as the ones we have now?

I agree going out now would be very bad for all of us. I do not understand why any one would go out for more money . Do our union brothers and sisters who voted it down really think things are that bad. They are getting good products and have good products in their shops. I hope when this is all over maybe Ford will look at things a little differently and decide to bring products to those who would want them. Take a look at Alans track record with Boeing. Do you really think he would buckle if we go out .. I THINK NOT . Do I fear him no..... I see a fair contract when others are suffering. Call me what you want but I am voting YES.

I agree going out now would be very bad for all of us. I do not understand why any one would go out for more money . Do our union brothers and sisters who voted it down really think things are that bad. They are getting good products and have good products in their shops. I hope when this is all over maybe Ford will look at things a little differently and decide to bring products to those who would want them. Take a look at Alans track record with Boeing. Do you really think he would buckle if we go out .. I THINK NOT . Do I fear him no..... I see a fair contract when others are suffering. Call me what you want but I am voting YES.

So true. The union has already said this is the best they can get. If it is turned down the new offer will not be as good as this one. If the union could get a better one they would have . It is fair. Fight for wage increases when more of the industry is unionized and the economy is stable. The union can only fight from a position of strength which is why King is trying to organize the transplants. A strike would weaken the union because of the public backlash and lesson the chances of unionizing the transplants. Think this one out.

their will be no strike,this is just a uaw threat to get this passed.They will just go back to the bargaining table!

Actually I think we would be forced to strike until an agreement is brought forth. first let me say I am not a Company drone, I have near 31 years with Ford as an hourly employee. Yes I did two tours in management but that time is long past.

So here it is, from what I have read and that has been just the highlights this is an agreement we can live with. Is it not entirely what I had hoped for, no, we didn't get COLA, the retirees were pretty much ignored and we now find out we will be paying through the nose for VEBA. We gave up a lot from 07 to date. Ford did make sacrifices as well, they mortgaged the company to the hilt, to include the Ford logo and name. The Ford family had a great deal to lose if this failed as we have a great deal to lose if we demand all that we gave up now. If you remember the Ford family gave up the leadership because the CO was dieing.

Ford made a profit around $10b, but this company ain't out of the woods yet, there is still the mortgage to pay and the Stock holders think they want a return on their investment as well. We as the rank and file are still working! The national unemployment rate is at 9 percent, believe me there are folks out there who would give heir eye teeth to be just working making a decent living as we are. The economy is not stable, we have entire countries ready to default on money they owe just like the US.

I would have liked to see at least COLA restarted, but maybe that is for the next contract. I can live and survive on what I will get after retiring. And, hope that in the future I have a Union that will work to keep us going as we have worked to help them that came before us.

Vote yes on this contract, if we force Ford into bankruptcy all that we have worked so hard for will be gone and Ford might be gone as well.

• Like 2

Why would anyone want to strike Ford now???? Ford is making a great comeback, they have gained respect and many new customers, so why are so many of you willing to throw all that away for a few more dollars???? If a strike happens Ford will lose its momentum, and you will risk losing your job!! Alan Mulally made millions last year, GET OVER IT!!! He saved Ford Motor Co., and without Mulally Ford would not be as profitable as it is today!! A strike would ruin Ford right now, is that really what you want???????????? Face the facts: Everyone is taking paycuts and making sacrifices at their place of employment. For you to strike when you make more than most college educated people is idiotic!!! Be thankful you make as much as you do, you have practically free health care, and that you are even getting bonuses in this horrible economy!!! Yes the rich CEO's are making millions, but destroying your job will not change that fact!!! There are thousands of people out there right now hoping we are stupid enough to strike so that they can have our jobs!!! YOU ARE NOT IRREPLACABLE!!!!! FORD WILL SURVIVE WITHOUT YOU!!!!

Ford can replace us and survive. When people quit or retire, Ford either replaces us or gets by with what they have. It doesn't make any sense to vote no and push for a strike. That is just asking to be replaced.

• Like 1

Almost all of the workers that I talked to that said they were voting NO said that they want a few more thousand dollars added to the signing bounus. Workers were spreading rumors for months that we might be getting $10,000. Then there was a tv news story in Detroit that said they had a inside scoop on a signing bonus of $7,500. When the $6.000 amount was comfirmed it pissed off the ones that believed the rumors. I tryed to explain to all of the NO voters the concerns that most of the YES vote supporters have but they still said that it will be ok to turn down the deal and that FORD would have to pony up. If this is why the majority of the NO voters are making a stand then what does that say about the level of mental judgement in our union. If this deal passes or not I will never be able to look at these workers again the same. They do not respect any leadership (they fully believe the IUAW is payed off from the company), they do not care about other UAW workers futures, they do not care what the public thinks, they do not understand about competitive auto wages, they do not care about anyone but themselves. This is very disheartening. Greed is like a cancer that has spread deep into the soul of these for the most part good people. We are not being asked to take a massive pay cut or accept the closure of multiple plants. This is a great deal for the world that we at this time are living in. If this was such a bad contract then why at this point is the voteing almost even? THE RISKS OF A NO VOTE OUTWEIGH THE REWARDS.

Edited by sez

fair to these guys ,sure your not one:Section 3. The salaries of the International President, International Secretary-Treasurer, International Vice Presidents and International Executive Board Members in full for services rendered by each of said officers shall be the following sums:

International President, one hundred and fifty-three thousand, two hundred and forty-eight dollars and twenty-nine cents ($153,248.29) per annum.

International Secretary-Treasurer, one hundred and forty-two thousand, eighty dollars and eighty-seven cents ($142,080.87) per annum.

International Vice Presidents, one hundred and thirty-seven thousand, seven hundred and eighteen dollars and fifty-nine cents ($137,718.59) per annum.

International Executive Board Members, one hundred and twenty-six thousand, five hundred and fifty-one dollars and thirteen cents cents ($126,551.13) per annum.

At a recent chat n vote meeting Jimmy Settles said he makes 162,000 dollars a year(someone ask that question),I think you have old numbers ,they voted themselves 10 percent raise last year .Plus traveling expenses.Thats just one Iuaw member ,does anybody know how many IUAW members their are ,if plants closed 2007 to now shouldn't have IUAW been reduced too ,I remember about 7years i printed a list and it was 9 pages long all making 6 digit amount ,is there a place to look up their salary and who they represent.

So true. The union has already said this is the best they can get. If it is turned down the new offer will not be as good as this one. If the union could get a better one they would have . It is fair. Fight for wage increases when more of the industry is unionized and the economy is stable. The union can only fight from a position of strength which is why King is trying to organize the transplants. A strike would weaken the union because of the public backlash and lesson the chances of unionizing the transplants. Think this one out.

There never good time to strike ,we both lose ,all we ask for is what they promise us ,when we open up a sign contract and took this from us------------------Dec., ’05.- Lost a 3% raise, lost some COLA -- lost $2,000/year (about $10,000 total).

--Sept.,07. - Lost more COLA, (up to 50 cents/hour). Increased health care costs for

prescriptions, office visits and other co-pays.

--Feb., ‘09. - Lost 2 Performance Bonuses (about $5,000 total); 2 Christmas bonuses ($1,200

total); COLA eliminated; no overtime after 8 hours; Easter Monday holiday taken away; reduced

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

It is estimated we lost about $30,000 in money alone. But that’s only a small part of it.

--Two-tier wages. New hires lose over $25,000 a year. Two-tier wages make it harder for first tier

to get a raise and threatens to bring us all down to 2nd tier.

--The VEBA. Health care for retirees is no longer guaranteed. How much money will we have to

pay out of pocket when we retire?

--Lost break time and alternative work schedules. It makes our working conditions much harder.

It may take weeks, months or years off our lives. What price do you put on that?

Also they promise it all back if we start making a profit ,well its been 6 quarters almost 10 billion dollars profits ,they gave their salary workers theirs back and our number 1 ceo made more then all three number 1 ceos at Honda,Toyota,Nissan combine.They awarded themselves almost 96millions Bill Ford and Alan Mually in salary n bonuses recently and even our IUAW voted themselves a raise .

So I walk in to vote today and another fellow worker is asking the IUAW rep some questions. I over hear him asking a question about how did the union agree to a worker with 29 years gets 6k signing bonus and a worker with 3 days gets 5k signing bonus, his response was and I quote.... Thats what Ford wanted not the Union, What, his response was so what your telling me is ,what is in the highlight package is what Ford wants, I thought this is what our Union negotiated for us. He then started, thats the offer they wanted to make. WOW Then they got on the topic about profit sharing and he asked, Why would I want there to be a cap on profit sharing and he stated, I quote, Ford is only willing to share some profits not all. Then the last topic, get ready for the best one, He asked the IUAW rep, if the contract gets voted down, how does the union go back to the table to negiotiate. How does the union know what items the membership is specifically not happy with? He then stated, We meaning the IUAW no what the membership wants, they want COLA AND RAISES and all the things they previously gave up, but Ford was not willing to give anything back in this offer. After overhearing this conversation it sure sounds like Ford said to our union, put this offer on the table and see if they take it. The gentleman from the IUAW was doing his best to answer all the questions, but he did not even sound like he believed this is a good contract. He stated several times this is FORD'S offer. What a joke, Sure made my decision easy to vote no.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.and you sir just want the buyout money and go sail into sunset ,with Bob King hes 65 years old ,so this be is last contract ,just like last president ,and then you got Jimmy Settles already to become president he been in IUAW 43 years ,time to get smart new people ,maybe lawyers from this era ,they are all bought out from the old school . When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.Hands down I give Alan Mually his 100 millions if he ask for it even Bill Ford for hiring him ,The reason they are making alot of money now because of us ,I like to know how many salaries heads he chop ,there was 8 supervisor on a break down and asking how long are we going to down ,now there a line supervisor and superintentdent and area manager .all making 6 digit ,their all gone and he got the 40 years to 50 years hourly people to leave by often buyout ,Thats where the profits are coming from what level they where you didn't cars if you are out side hes not your brother ,so it was easy to trim dead weight.Kudos to Alan Mually ,I like how you presented yourself on david letterman show ,both of you drove that all new electric car coming in near future ,please do the right ,give us enough money so we can buy your product and our family can get a plan you get that extra money you paid us in profits from our car notes ,Henry Ford quoted I paid my people more then anybody else for that reason and the other requirement he had it had to be black ,the only color they had on that Model T.Bill make him proud of you and do the right think for his workers.bt the way Obama care won't be free after 2012 ,they be taken a little out of your wages to paid for his healthcare ,just saying.We used to have pier parties and our own people singing just before two week shut down on stage and they will but us rib dinner ,now we only get the bones ,we used to be a family ,i CAN WAIT TO RETIRE ,i WOULD NEVER BUY A FORD PRODUCT AGAIN ,i WOULD BUY UAW MADE CAR BUT NOT THEIRS ,THEY MITE AS FILE BANK RUCKY LIKE GM WE GOT THE SAME CONTRACT BUT A LITTLE MORE UPFRONT CASH FROM NEXT MARCH PROFIT SHARING ,NEVER HAPPEN BEFORE ,WHY NOT TO BRIDE THE NEW HIRE THAT ARE FILLIN OUR LOTS WITH FOREIGN CARS ,GO DRIVE LOTS IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME ,LOTS OF SALARIES LEAVE THEIRS AT HOME IN GARAGE,NITE N PEACE N MAY GOD BLESS ALL THE GREEDING PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD ,THEIR GOING HAVE HARD TIME EXPLAINING THEMSELVES TO WHATEVER GOD THEY BELIEVE IN.

Edited by itsmeuaw

There never good time to strike ,we both lose ,all we ask for is what they promise us ,when we open up a sign contract and took this from us------------------Dec., ’05.- Lost a 3% raise, lost some COLA -- lost $2,000/year (about $10,000 total).

--Sept.,07. - Lost more COLA, (up to 50 cents/hour). Increased health care costs for

--Feb., ‘09. - Lost 2 Performance Bonuses (about $5,000 total); 2 Christmas bonuses ($1,200

total); COLA eliminated; no overtime after 8 hours; Easter Monday holiday taken away; reduced

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

It is estimated we lost about $30,000 in money alone. But that’s only a small part of it.

--Two-tier wages. New hires lose over $25,000 a year. Two-tier wages make it harder for first tier

--The VEBA. Health care for retirees is no longer guaranteed. How much money will we have to

--Lost break time and alternative work schedules. It makes our working conditions much harder.

It may take weeks, months or years off our lives. What price do you put on that?

Also they promise it all back if we start making a profit ,well its been 6 quarters almost 10 billion dollars profits ,they gave their salary workers theirs back and our number 1 ceo made more then all three number 1 ceos at Honda,Toyota,Nissan combine.They awarded themselves almost 96millions Bill Ford and Alan Mually in salary n bonuses recently and even our IUAW voted themselves a raise .

So I walk in to vote today and another fellow worker is asking the IUAW rep some questions. I over hear him asking a question about how did the union agree to a worker with 29 years gets 6k signing bonus and a worker with 3 days gets 5k signing bonus, his response was and I quote.... Thats what Ford wanted not the Union, What, his response was so what your telling me is ,what is in the highlight package is what Ford wants, I thought this is what our Union negotiated for us. He then started, thats the offer they wanted to make. WOW Then they got on the topic about profit sharing and he asked, Why would I want there to be a cap on profit sharing and he stated, I quote, Ford is only willing to share some profits not all. Then the last topic, get ready for the best one, He asked the IUAW rep, if the contract gets voted down, how does the union go back to the table to negiotiate. How does the union know what items the membership is specifically not happy with? He then stated, We meaning the IUAW no what the membership wants, they want COLA AND RAISES and all the things they previously gave up, but Ford was not willing to give anything back in this offer. After overhearing this conversation it sure sounds like Ford said to our union, put this offer on the table and see if they take it. The gentleman from the IUAW was doing his best to answer all the questions, but he did not even sound like he believed this is a good contract. He stated several times this is FORD'S offer. What a joke, Sure made my decision easy to vote no.

New retirees will take another hit because for the first contract ever, there is no increase in the 30-and-out pension. Current retirees’ Christmas bonus is taken away from them.

There are promises of new jobs. But remember the 2007 contract where Ford promised to save 10,000 jobs – instead we lost 17,300 jobs. If you look closely at the promises of jobs, it is mostly work that Ford was going to do anyway.When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.and you sir just want the buyout money and go sail into sunset ,with Bob King hes 65 years old ,so this be is last contract ,just like last president ,and then you got Jimmy Settles already to become president he been in IUAW 43 years ,time to get smart new people ,maybe lawyers from this era ,they are all bought out from the old school . When the past concessions were taken away from us, they wanted us to believe that when the companies were reporting a profit again, we would get back what we gave up. It was all a lie.Hands down I give Alan Mually his 100 millions if he ask for it even Bill Ford for hiring him ,The reason they are making alot of money now because of us ,I like to know how many salaries heads he chop ,there was 8 supervisor on a break down and asking how long are we going to down ,now there a line supervisor and superintentdent and area manager .all making 6 digit ,their all gone and he got the 40 years to 50 years hourly people to leave by often buyout ,Thats where the profits are coming from what level they where you didn't cars if you are out side hes not your brother ,so it was easy to trim dead weight.Kudos to Alan Mually ,I like how you presented yourself on david letterman show ,both of you drove that all new electric car coming in near future ,please do the right ,give us enough money so we can buy your product and our family can get a plan you get that extra money you paid us in profits from our car notes ,Henry Ford quoted I paid my people more then anybody else for that reason and the other requirement he had it had to be black ,the only color they had on that Model T.Bill make him proud of you and do the right think for his workers.bt the way Obama care won't be free after 2012 ,they be taken a little out of your wages to paid for his healthcare ,just saying.We used to have pier parties and our own people singing just before two week shut down on stage and they will but us rib dinner ,now we only get the bones ,we used to be a family ,i CAN WAIT TO RETIRE ,i WOULD NEVER BUY A FORD PRODUCT AGAIN ,i WOULD BUY UAW MADE CAR BUT NOT THEIRS ,THEY MITE AS FILE BANK RUCKY LIKE GM WE GOT THE SAME CONTRACT BUT A LITTLE MORE UPFRONT CASH FROM NEXT MARCH PROFIT SHARING ,NEVER HAPPEN BEFORE ,WHY NOT TO BRIDE THE NEW HIRE THAT ARE FILLIN OUR LOTS WITH FOREIGN CARS ,GO DRIVE LOTS IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME ,LOTS OF SALARIES LEAVE THEIRS AT HOME IN GARAGE,NITE N PEACE N MAY GOD BLESS ALL THE GREEDING PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD ,THEIR GOING HAVE HARD TIME EXPLAINING THEMSELVES TO WHATEVER GOD THEY BELIEVE IN.

Almost all of the workers that I talked to that said they were voting NO said that they want a few more thousand dollars added to the signing bounus. Workers were spreading rumors for months that we might be getting $10,000. Then there was a tv news story in Detroit that said they had a inside scoop on a signing bonus of $7,500. When the $6.000 amount was comfirmed it pissed off the ones that believed the rumors. I tryed to explain to all of the NO voters the concerns that most of the YES vote supporters have but they still said that it will be ok to turn down the deal and that FORD would have to pony up. If this is why the majority of the NO voters are making a stand then what does that say about the level of mental judgement in our union. If this deal passes or not I will never be able to look at these workers again the same. They do not respect any leadership (they fully believe the IUAW is payed off from the company), they do not care about other UAW workers futures, they do not care what the public thinks, they do not understand about competitive auto wages, they do not care about anyone but themselves. This is very disheartening. Greed is like a cancer that has spread deep into the soul of these for the most part good people. We are not being asked to take a massive pay cut or accept the closure of multiple plants. This is a great deal for the world that we at this time are living in. If this was such a bad contract then why at this point is the voteing almost even? THE RISKS OF A NO VOTE OUTWEIGH THE REWARDS.

SUB ; no pay-in-lieu.

Economic conditions have changed.This is not 1994.Ford must be competitive.Remember those southern politicians who absolutely hate us?Jim Bunning and Corker and Shelby?Think the public will have empathy for us walking away from this contract?Okay you want to see a strike,,,,,,lets strike,,,,long time.We want it all back.See if Ford pulls out of all those 6 billion dollars worth of investments or not.Hey maybe you are right.All I am saying is the asking price to see Fords hand is too high.I say fold em!By the way I accepted a AWS plus an MOA to help the company make money now all the plants that dont have it want to vote no.Big help!

Economic conditions have changed.This is not 1994.Ford must be competitive.Remember those southern politicians who absolutely hate us?Jim Bunning and Corker and Shelby?Think the public will have empathy for us walking away from this contract?Okay you want to see a strike,,,,,,lets strike,,,,long time.We want it all back.See if Ford pulls out of all those 6 billion dollars worth of investments or not.Hey maybe you are right.All I am saying is the asking price to see Fords hand is too high.I say fold em!By the way I accepted a AWS plus an MOA to help the company make money now all the plants that dont have it want to vote no.Big help!

It's not only the southern politicians, there are many in the north who are not our friends.

It's not only the southern politicians, there are many in the north who are not our friends.

October/November is historically the worst months for economic crashes, downturns and stock market losses.

Voting no will hurt us where we end up screwed the longer this drags out

The economy is faltering and the no voters will cause us long term harm

• Like 1

October/November is historically the worst months for economic crashes, downturns and stock market losses.

Voting no will hurt us where we end up screwed the longer this drags out

The economy is faltering and the no voters will cause us long term harm

Then these same no voters will vote Republican and put us into a deeper recession or depression.