1) pass the contract

2) don't pass the contract

If we don't pass the contract, any of the following can occur--

1) go back to the table

2) go on strike--limited or total company stirke

3) company locks us out

4) work without a contract

5) other?

If 2 & 3, we can be permanently replaced legally. #4, the company can change our pay and benefits.

For #2, we get $200 a week if we walk the picket line with no benefits. We don't get food stamps or unemployment.

Anything I am missing?

• Like 4

OK, from what I understand, we have the following options--

1) pass the contract

1) go back to the table

3) company locks us out

5) other?

If 2 & 3, we can be permanently replaced legally. #4, the company can change our pay and benefits.

For #2, we get $200 a week if we walk the picket line with no benefits. We don't get food stamps or unemployment.

Anything I am missing?

I think the uaw can ask for an extension of the current agreement. The company would have to agree with that. Also, if they company didn't agree with it, the company could change our pay and benefit rates at will and we really could do nothing about it.

• Like 2

OK, from what I understand, we have the following options--

1) pass the contract

1) go back to the table

3) company locks us out

5) other?

Anything I am missing?

I don't think so. I think you nailed everything.

I think the uaw can ask for an extension of the current agreement. The company would have to agree with that. Also, if they company didn't agree with it, the company could change our pay and benefit rates at will and we really could do nothing about it.

I think they can do that, only after an impasse is declared. I could be wrong.

Okay now what are Ford`s options?We can all be replaced.See thats the issue.I know production workers bust ass,I know BUT two groups of people drive the Ford Motor Company,customers and bankers.Customers are not going to hesitate buying another brand and if we strike the Ford brand will be temporarily tarnished.Then there are the bankers.Do you think Ford jr. is going to agree to a contract that will fundamentally raise cost so that the share price stays stuck in the muck at around $8 a share?We go on strike-fine.Mulally may not give in and may fold up his wallet and go to Korea.Co-operation is what is needed right now.I really dont think its a bad contract overall.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

You remember an agreement a few weeks back? Yep, an Extension. We have been working under the last contract sense Sept. 15. Any pay changes? Benefits ?

Excepting the agreement is our choice, not excepting ours also. I can`t remember when, we have had our agent (IUAW) cancel a contract extension... But, then again I can`t remember when our agent (IUAW) has ever taken such a close stand next to the company.

One thing is for sure, like with any vote casting situation, there are more than one issue at hand. One, the main issue that is on the ballet and then the much thought about but very less talked about issue of approval rating. Members make decisions based on many reasons and/or feelings they have. Approval ratings are the results of the casting of the vote. What is going through the mines of IUAW, Regional and Local Rep`s? Do they even realize that their approval ratings are showing a level that has never been seen before? Now mix in the scare tactic`s like stating "we`ll got out on strike and not back to the table" or any of the issues brought up since the voting started. Do they really think this is promoting their issues or for that matter their level of concern for the people they work for? (the membership)

What are the results when an elected governing body (IUAW) becomes one that threatens its voting membership? Resistance and the general feelings of lack of trust. Really, who has launched this NO VOTE campaign? The membership that had such a difficult time getting answers or the agent that realized their boss (the membership) was not seeing the agreement in the same light as the company and the agent? Then began the never heard of type of push on their membership...

Been through a few contracts, but this is a first....

Hold on, be strong and your agent will bring you just some of the fruits of your labor.

Decker

Okay now what are Ford`s options?We can all be replaced.See thats the issue.I know production workers bust ass,I know BUT two groups of people drive the Ford Motor Company,customers and bankers.Customers are not going to hesitate buying another brand and if we strike the Ford brand will be temporarily tarnished.Then there are the bankers.Do you think Ford jr. is going to agree to a contract that will fundamentally raise cost so that the share price stays stuck in the muck at around $8 a share?We go on strike-fine.Mulally may not give in and may fold up his wallet and go to Korea.Co-operation is what is needed right now.I really dont think its a bad contract overall.

Very well said, Brother, very well said.

Very well said, Brother, very well said.

Agreed, 100% +1

Here is an option-----Vote yes and let Ford invest billions in the USA during a recession.Let Ford hire new workers all UAW.Hopefully industry sales pick up and Ford makes a ton of $$$$$$$.Stronger union,richer company.I think this contract is just the right size bite to take right now after all the concessionary contracts.In 4 years lets see how it goes.By the way I have been working under an AWS as well as a MOA and this has meant more Ford profits to invest in product at places like CAP and MAP and all the plants that survived the whipsawing{remember how nasty the company can be?}its bad but not that bad that I wanna give up my pay and benefits.Now that other plants can greatly benefit,DTP,KCAP,AAI for example its time to do your share as well.Go into any retail store and ask the workers about their benefits.

• Like 2

Here is an option-----Vote yes and let Ford invest billions in the USA during a recession.Let Ford hire new workers all UAW.Hopefully industry sales pick up and Ford makes a ton of $$$$$$$.Stronger union,richer company.I think this contract is just the right size bite to take right now after all the concessionary contracts.In 4 years lets see how it goes.By the way I have been working under an AWS as well as a MOA and this has meant more Ford profits to invest in product at places like CAP and MAP and all the plants that survived the whipsawing{remember how nasty the company can be?}its bad but not that bad that I wanna give up my pay and benefits.Now that other plants can greatly benefit,DTP,KCAP,AAI for example its time to do your share as well.Go into any retail store and ask the workers about their benefits.

Well said, the truth is coming out...That's how you scatter the roaches...I have noticed all the Soldiers of Solidarity "No" voters seem to be hiding now :missing:

Edited by The Problem Child
  • Like 1

You remember an agreement a few weeks back? Yep, an Extension. We have been working under the last contract sense Sept. 15. Any pay changes? Benefits ?

Excepting the agreement is our choice, not excepting ours also. I can`t remember when, we have had our agent (IUAW) cancel a contract extension... But, then again I can`t remember when our agent (IUAW) has ever taken such a close stand next to the company.

One thing is for sure, like with any vote casting situation, there are more than one issue at hand. One, the main issue that is on the ballet and then the much thought about but very less talked about issue of approval rating. Members make decisions based on many reasons and/or feelings they have. Approval ratings are the results of the casting of the vote. What is going through the mines of IUAW, Regional and Local Rep`s? Do they even realize that their approval ratings are showing a level that has never been seen before? Now mix in the scare tactic`s like stating "we`ll got out on strike and not back to the table" or any of the issues brought up since the voting started. Do they really think this is promoting their issues or for that matter their level of concern for the people they work for? (the membership)

What are the results when an elected governing body (IUAW) becomes one that threatens its voting membership? Resistance and the general feelings of lack of trust. Really, who has launched this NO VOTE campaign? The membership that had such a difficult time getting answers or the agent that realized their boss (the membership) was not seeing the agreement in the same light as the company and the agent? Then began the never heard of type of push on their membership...

Been through a few contracts, but this is a first....

Hold on, be strong and your agent will bring you just some of the fruits of your labor.

Decker

Very true post Decker......

It's a good contract. It brings in work, etc., etc. You have heard it all before. But, I think the public will buy Ford in droves if we are replaced to support Ford and replacement scabs. We (the Union) are not well liked. The public perception is we are greedy. Shoot, Ford could even drop the price of all their vehicles if they replaced us.

• Like 2

It's a good contract. It brings in work, etc., etc. You have heard it all before. But, I think the public will buy Ford in droves if we are replaced to support Ford and replacement scabs. We (the Union) are not well liked. The public perception is we are greedy. Shoot, Ford could even drop the price of all their vehicles if they replaced us.

The public will only buy Ford in droves for 90 days. Then they are OUT OF CARS!!! You think they can train a whole replacement team in a measly 3 months? I doubt it.

The public will only buy Ford in droves for 90 days. Then they are OUT OF CARS!!! You think they can train a whole replacement team in a measly 3 months? I doubt it.

They won't have to train anyone, after about 3 or 4 weeks the members will be begging to go back to work.

LOL man you are funny, Ford can have all those plants up and running in about 3 weeks, when a new worker come in they be up to speed in 3 to 4 days, how long did it take you to learn a job------- anyway why do you want the contract voted down, just asking

• Like 1

LOL man you are funny, Ford can have all those plants up and running in about 3 weeks, when a new worker come in they be up to speed in 3 to 4 days, how long did it take you to learn a job------- anyway why do you want the contract voted down, just asking

You said it real good chessman, Ford can train and have the plants up and running while we are on strike or lockout within a month. We have too many fools on here claiming "they can't be replaced." HELL YES YOU CAN BE REPLACED!!! Just keep voting no and find out how fast Ford replaces us.

• Like 1

A strike called is the unions answer, but the worse case scenario is that the company locks us out and we have to agree to their terms to return.

They have a clear advantage on a no vote, forecasting a no vote---- we will be locked out and end up with less than Chrysler, much less

These no voters are pushing us over a cliff we cannot stop and will lose in the end

• Like 1

A strike called is the unions answer, but the worse case scenario is that the company locks us out and we have to agree to their terms to return.

They have a clear advantage on a no vote, forecasting a no vote---- we will be locked out and end up with less than Chrysler, much less

These no voters are pushing us over a cliff we cannot stop and will lose in the end

The no voters are pushing us to strike or lockout. Hope they are happy when those who vote YES see them on the picket line.