Pass A Contract Then Shut a Plant Down

1993Stang

Well you can add another plant to the list that will be permanently shut down on Dec. 19th. Add Twin Cities to the list of plants that will have 769 hourly employees without a job come December 19th unless these employees are able to transfer. They were told just yesterday, pathetic!! You say "Yes" and the company still says "No" and so it continues.

Well you can add another plant to the list that will be permanently shut down on Dec. 19th. Add Twin Cities to the list of plants that will have 769 hourly employees without a job come December 19th unless these employees are able to transfer. They were told just yesterday, pathetic!! You say "Yes" and the company still says "No" and so it continues.

What planet have you been living on??? They have been told for 5 years now they were closing....Stop stiring up shit

• Like 3

What planet have you been living on??? They have been told for 5 years now they were closing....Stop stiring up shit

Always got someone trying to second guess others choices and trying to make them feel bad. What's funny is I don't think he knew that the plant voted in favor of the contract. 87% (I personally think it was smart because they knew they were slated to close and most likely have already signed up for jobs at other locations. So they get the moving money plus the contract money...

• Like 1

First Nick, stop and come out from under the desk. Second, yes they knew it was going to come but not just days after the vote, Third, there are long term seniority folks that will be affected period. Fourth, stop thinking about your stinking self for ONCE and realize that the final call was made just yesterday and the plant will be vacated just before Christmas time. So let me get this straight, I am stirring (use 2 R's) up shit while your o.k. with their front page news article that they say will be concentrating on more F150 products that are more efficient. To TCAP employees, I have worked with many of you in the past and I want you to know that most Brothers and Sisters are praying for you especially around the holiday season. We are sorry to see such a long heritage of fine workers and their families end on such a sad note with the closing of the plant. I hope all 769 hourly workers find a home to continue. I read about the 1992 seniority guy that is very worried about what his family may have to do. I only hope with that kind of seniority he can bump DTP dick to the curb!!!

• Like 1

First Nick, stop and come out from under the desk. Second, yes they knew it was going to come but not just days after the vote, Third, there are long term seniority folks that will be affected period. Fourth, stop thinking about your stinking self for ONCE and realize that the final call was made just yesterday and the plant will be vacated just before Christmas time. So let me get this straight, I am stirring (use 2 R's) up shit while your o.k. with their front page news article that they say will be concentrating on more F150 products that are more efficient. To TCAP employees, I have worked with many of you in the past and I want you to know that most Brothers and Sisters are praying for you especially around the holiday season. We are sorry to see such a long heritage of fine workers and their families end on such a sad note with the closing of the plant. I hope all 769 hourly workers find a home to continue. I read about the 1992 seniority guy that is very worried about what his family may have to do. I only hope with that kind of seniority he can bump DTP dick to the curb!!!

Well said!

• Like 1

Always got someone trying to second guess others choices and trying to make them feel bad. What's funny is I don't think he knew that the plant voted in favor of the contract. 87% (I personally think it was smart because they knew they were slated to close and most likely have already signed up for jobs at other locations. So they get the moving money plus the contract money...

Also all of the employees that have just started at TCAP in the last couple of weeks and mounths get the $5000 settlement bonus.

Ford is building Ranger trucks in Thialand.Yes its sad,very sad but what do you think the UAW can do?The billionaires own all the politicians not us,do you understand what the working-class is up against?Ford needs to sell vehicles at a profit.I hope all the Twin City employees are offered other jobs with Ford or simply retire.Good-luck to everyone.Detroit Lions 26 Minnesota Vikings 23

Edited by Fatso

Stang your NOT EVEN UAW!! You went salary yet you call me a suck ass when you are management lol...I used to work with your dorky ass. All the women used to laugh at you....And im not going anywhere as I have great seniority

Whats your plan for keeping the plant open?Come on I seriously want to hear it.What can we do besides run each other down?

Stang your NOT EVEN UAW!! You went salary yet you call me a suck ass when you are management lol...I used to work with your dorky ass. All the women used to laugh at you....And im not going anywhere as I have great seniority

Last check I received they took out union dues, so if I was salaried, I want my union dues back. The only woman that didn't like me were the ones that wanted my job on the line.

LOOK AT THE TIMING OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT. Even though they were slated to close had they made the announcement before the voting started there would have been more no votes and they wouldn't want this info in the news at contract time. The sick bastards didn't even appreciate the yes votes from Twin Cities but instead couldn't wait to show who won this battle by announcing the closure once they were sure the contract would pass.

LOOK AT THE TIMING OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT. Even though they were slated to close had they made the announcement before the voting started there would have been more no votes and they wouldn't want this info in the news at contract time. The sick bastards didn't even appreciate the yes votes from Twin Cities but instead couldn't wait to show who won this battle by announcing the closure once they were sure the contract would pass.

OMG, you so get me. This is exactly what I mean. Why not the news before the vote, yes we all know why. What a bunch of cowards they are. They probably voted yes just thinking they might have one more shot with all the new investments being made. Sadly, it did not go as planned and then to smear it in their faces with a notice right after the vote on Monday. It really is sick and announcing only 60 days to get out.

OMG, you so get me. This is exactly what I mean. Why not the news before the vote, yes we all know why. What a bunch of cowards they are. They probably voted yes just thinking they might have one more shot with all the new investments being made. Sadly, it did not go as planned and then to smear it in their faces with a notice right after the vote on Monday. It really is sick and announcing only 60 days to get out.

While I agree that the timing of the 'announcement' is somewhat suspect. What in this contract would make you think that place was staying open? The Highlights specifically say at the bottom of page 2, "Twin Cities: As previously announced, the Twin Cities Assembly plant will close with the balance out of the Ranger at the end of 2011."

Seems pretty open and upfront to me. Damn, was right in the 'Highlights'. Can't even complain that it was in part of the agreement you didn't get to read. Please quit bitchin just to bitch or at least do a little reading before you do so you don't appear to be completely in the dark.

Edited by WalterWeeps
  • Like 1

Its funny you say your UAW now...Ive seen you on here many times bragging about going back to school and getting a degree and going salaried blah bla bla...I guess you were lying then? Or are you a liar now?

I've been at TCAP for almost 20 years. 5 years ago it was announced that we would close, we went from 2 shifts to 1, most everyone at that time took a $100,000 buyout package. About 200 of us did not and remained as "full-timers". The company re-hired about 300 of the buy-out employees (as temps), and 300 new hires (as temps) - all under the 2007 contract language.

We kept getting extentions to keep our plant open and many of us had hopes of either another extension or a complete retool for a new product.

Obviously neither option happened and now we are officially closing.

The numbers speak for themselves. Those of us that are still full-time, approximately 20% voted NO on principle. How could I vote yes to close my plant. The temps, 80 % voted yes for their own reasons ($$$).

As of now, we don't know how the closure will go down. Who will be able to transfer? Full-timers for sure. Temps we don't know yet. For me personally, I cannot make the move. The whole situation sucks! So basically Ford is closing my plant and all of you have better options than I do: you can stay in your homes and keep working at your home plant, or take a $50,000 buyout to quit. Through no fault of my own, I cannot stay at my home plant, cannot stay in my home and keep working for Ford, and I get the same buyout offer of $50,000. Hopefully, the international will bargain for a better deal at closing.

Life kind of sucks right now.

Through no fault of my own, I cannot stay at my home plant, cannot stay in my home and keep working for Ford,........

Same goes for those who worked at Atlanta, Edison, Norfolk, St. Louis, etc...... Given the option, most would rather not move to continue to provide for their family. We do what we have to, even though it isn't ideal. Moving isn't the end of the world and we are compensated well to do so. Those that have made the move feel for you as we've been there.

Its funny you say your UAW now...Ive seen you on here many times bragging about going back to school and getting a degree and going salaried blah bla bla...I guess you were lying then? Or are you a liar now?

Dude, you are so clueless. School was easy, if you knew how to pick up a pencil, spell, use a computer, write a thesis paper, you could do whatever you wanted in life also, instead you will stay a "yes' man until the end of your career. I'm sorry that you see me and do not know who I am. I watch from afar and laugh at you : ) Good Luck!!

I've been at TCAP for almost 20 years. 5 years ago it was announced that we would close, we went from 2 shifts to 1, most everyone at that time took a $100,000 buyout package. About 200 of us did not and remained as "full-timers". The company re-hired about 300 of the buy-out employees (as temps), and 300 new hires (as temps) - all under the 2007 contract language.

We kept getting extentions to keep our plant open and many of us had hopes of either another extension or a complete retool for a new product.

Obviously neither option happened and now we are officially closing.

The numbers speak for themselves. Those of us that are still full-time, approximately 20% voted NO on principle. How could I vote yes to close my plant. The temps, 80 % voted yes for their own reasons ($$$).

As of now, we don't know how the closure will go down. Who will be able to transfer? Full-timers for sure. Temps we don't know yet. For me personally, I cannot make the move. The whole situation sucks! So basically Ford is closing my plant and all of you have better options than I do: you can stay in your homes and keep working at your home plant, or take a $50,000 buyout to quit. Through no fault of my own, I cannot stay at my home plant, cannot stay in my home and keep working for Ford, and I get the same buyout offer of $50,000. Hopefully, the international will bargain for a better deal at closing.

Life kind of sucks right now.

Allow me to make 1 edit: The temps, (rehires and original new hires) were hired under the 2004 contract language. So without me spilling too many beans, you should be able to infer how much our temps have been making per hour the past 5 years.

Same goes for those who worked at Atlanta, Edison, Norfolk, St. Louis, etc...... Given the option, most would rather not move to continue to provide for their family. We do what we have to, even though it isn't ideal. Moving isn't the end of the world and we are compensated well to do so. Those that have made the move feel for you as we've been there.

Absolutely agree. Who wants to uproot a family and move? I voted NO on every contract that closed a plant. Ford definitely compensates well for a transfer and I'm certain the plants I could transfer to are good plants with great brothers and sisters that would kindly welcome me. However, in my particular situation, without getting into the details, at this time I am unable to move my family to a new location.

At this point, I guess I am hoping for a slightly better seperation package for a plant that is closing. Like I stated earlier, my seperation options are no better than for those of you who can stay and work at your home plant.