$40,000 EV Focus!

GaryG

How is that bullshit?

Jesus, you idiot. Do you have Aspergers? You troll other peoples' threads, spew your idiocy, patronize and belittle them, then ask to move on when really you weren't welcome in the first place and you question HIS comprehension of the situation?

Way back on page 1 someone said the range is too short & the battery takes too long to 'fill' to which I say if you throw more money at it (read Tesla) that would help with those issues but isn't 40 grand already too much ? So if you price close to the Leaf ya might be accused of being a copy cat, less than a Leaf just a glorified golf cart so I say lets get some out in the wild then decide if its worth the money reading.gif

Edited by rfruth

Are you serious? You mean the post where you insulted him for your inability to comprehend quotation marks?

No, that would be the post where he apologized for mis-reading the post, and gave the poster tips to avoid having that happen in the future. See below. WTH is your deal, man?

Actually - I did not realize that was a quote at all. It sure sounded like your previous post. So for that I apologize. Next time use the Quote button - that's why they invented it.

• Like 1

No, that would be the post where he apologized for mis-reading the post, and gave the poster tips to avoid having that happen in the future. See below. WTH is your deal, man?

Really? You really think "next time use the quote button- thats why they invented it" was sincere? You tack shit like that on the end of an apology?

What's my deal? I will actually call akirby out for being the biggest ass i've ever come across on a forum. You really think i'm alone? How bout the guy who started this topic? What do you think he meant about akirby's bullshit remarks?

Really? You really think "next time use the quote button- thats why they invented it" was sincere? You tack shit like that on the end of an apology?

What's my deal? I will actually call akirby out for being the biggest ass i've ever come across on a forum. You really think i'm alone? How bout the guy who started this topic? What do you think he meant about akirby's bullshit remarks?

Spend more time enjoying yourself and less time trying to take offense to other people's posts that aren't directed at you. Trust me, it really is more enjoyable.

• Like 2

Spend more time enjoying yourself and less time trying to take offense to other people's posts that aren't directed at you. Trust me, it really is more enjoyable.

There is nothing enjoyable about akirby insulting or twisting anyone post on this board. Akirby is starting to have that recent Judge youtube video of beating his handicap daughter with a belt attitude. No, if we all take a blind eye to his written and verbal abuse, we will not really have an enjoyable time here posting our opinions.

GT_IE, I'm not going to put up with akirby like this yahoo thinks we should.

Woohoo! I've been called a yahoo buy someone on an internet forum. Too bad he didn't call me a google or a bing instead!

There is nothing enjoyable about akirby insulting or twisting anyone post on this board. Akirby is starting to have that recent Judge youtube video of beating his handicap daughter with a belt attitude. No, if we all take a blind eye to his written and verbal abuse, we will not really have an enjoyable time here posting our opinions.

Well, they didn't punish the judge, and that was quite a bit more severe than what you accuse akirby of, so....

And if you don't like it, don't read it...he is just as free to post his opinion (and "twist" anyone's post however he wants) as you or I. And I have seen a lot more insults coming from you and GT_IE than I have from akirby.

Crap, what I meant to say was: OK.

You really don't know what your talking about.

The fact is, I've been subsidizing Ford for 43 years smart a**.

akirby has no clue like you.

The fact is, you have made up most stuff than gets put in Turkey.

No, you just need to be truthful and not twist things to be a nasty dude.

Everyone here knows his screenname should really be SummersEve

If you post another bullshit post to anyone on this board, we can never move on.

Jesus, you idiot. Do you have Aspergers? You troll other peoples' threads, spew your idiocy, patronize and belittle them, then ask to move on when really you weren't welcome in the first place and you question HIS comprehension of the situation?

I will actually call akirby out for being the biggest ass i've ever come across on a forum.

There is nothing enjoyable about akirby insulting or twisting anyone post on this board. Akirby is starting to have that recent Judge youtube video of beating his handicap daughter with a belt attitude.

This is the same dude as fordmantpw, He posts as akirby also! What a stupid shit!

I'm the nasty one? Umm......

OK.

It is simply despicable to compare someone to a monster such as that judge. It sickens me when people possess this level of arrogance and naivety, when people stoop to these depths to insult others it simply demonstrates a lack of maturity and an extreme irrationality. Also the other person's commit about Aspergers is equally distasteful if not more so.

It is simply despicable to compare someone to a monster such as that judge. It sickens me when people possess this level of arrogance and naivety, when people stoop to these depths to insult others it simply demonstrates a lack of maturity and an extreme irrationality. Also the other person's commit about Aspergers is equally distasteful if not more so.

Well said!

I admit my comparison was over kill, and I apologize. I guess that Judge kind of sticks in everyone mind as a monster.

Tom's Guide

$40,000 is a hefty price tag, but a source at Ford, which requested to remain anonymous, said that the car is priced aggressively and that Focus takes a loss of more than $2000 per car sold. The hope is to scale the technology and make it more affordable in future vehicles. "It surprises me that we can even sell the car at that price," the source told us.
Edited by bkoester

• 3 weeks later...

Ford may have missed the biggest chance to promote the Focus EV because of price. Hypermilers like Wayne Gerdes and myself were clearly turned off with the price. This means we cannot recommend or buy the car of the future. It's not just the middle class, my son would not buy one, who is now a millionaire. What a stupid loss of intelligence!

Ford may have missed the biggest chance to promote the Focus EV because of price. Hypermilers like Wayne Gerdes and myself were clearly turned off with the price. This means we cannot recommend or buy the car of the future. It's not just the middle class, my son would not buy one, who is now a millionaire. What a stupid loss of intelligence!

Nothing stupid - just the economics of EVs at the current time. $40k for a product with the feature content of the Focus EV is not at all unreasonable in calendar year 2012.

Nothing stupid - just the economics of EVs at the current time. $40k for a product with the feature content of the Focus EV is not at all unreasonable in calendar year 2012.

I have the '12 Focus on google alerts and I'd say almost 50% of the articles on the Focus Electric wrote similar reviews of over pricing and the other articles did not say anything positive about the price. If Ford had waited for good reviews before raising the price, I'm sure people would be standing in line at $40,000. I'm not hearing any good news on sales yet, are you?

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing against you focus owners out there but for $40,000 it should be called a Lincoln. There is no way middle America could afford 40k. It's as if all the auto company want EV to fail all are by far over priced for the average man.

It'll be easier for the automakers if they fail...then they don't have to take a loss for each one they sell!

Really, do you folks think Ford should take a HUGE loss on each electric vehicle they sell. It's been reported they are losing $2k on each one, even at a $40k price. The technology isn't cheap. Is Ford just supposed to give them away, lose their shirts, then go out of business just so people can have electric vehicles at the same price as a gasser?

Geez people! WTH??