2013 Lincoln MKS World Debut

Hopefully Ford will make the MKS available with the same beefed up chassis as MKT...both the MKT and MKS can enjoy a good following from the livery business utilizing the Town Car name directed squarely at the limousine/livery market.....MKT Town Car can have MKS Town Car as a stable mate...

L-P9250003-1.JPG

That sure is UGLY! Barfarama! :hysterical:

That sure is UGLY! Barfarama! :hysterical:

Ed....most all extreme stretch limos look ugly or weird due to proportions being "off"...however, if Ford wants to retain supremacy in the limo/livery market, they need to ensure that both MKS and MKT has all the beefed up enhancements needed to serve this segment....there will be some, as described in the article that don't care for the style of MKT....thats ok.....got a nice MKS with all the same uprated equipment since they share the same basic architecture....

Ed....most all extreme stretch limos look ugly or weird due to proportions being "off"...however, if Ford wants to retain supremacy in the limo/livery market, they need to ensure that both MKS and MKT has all the beefed up enhancements needed to serve this segment....there will be some, as described in the article that don't care for the style of MKT....thats ok.....got a nice MKS with all the same uprated equipment since they share the same basic architecture....

If I were overseeing the rebuilding of Lincoln, I wouldn't waste my energy or resources on maintaining supremacy. It's a side business. The focus should be on consumer retail sales. You don't see BMW, M-B, Audi, or Lexus concentrating on the livery business. If Lincoln wants to be in that conversation, they shouldn't either.

If I were overseeing the rebuilding of Lincoln, I wouldn't waste my energy or resources on maintaining supremacy. It's a side business. The focus should be on consumer retail sales. You don't see BMW, M-B, Audi, or Lexus concentrating on the livery business. If Lincoln wants to be in that conversation, they shouldn't either.

We disagree.....You could use the same idiom for the reason Ford should not reach out to the taxi operators, or ambulance builders ,or airport fleet operations.....just because it isn't part of the "retail" equation, does not mean it is insignificant.....Ford needs to address those concerns (and they do)...not overlook them.

We disagree.....You could use the same idiom for the reason Ford should not reach out to the taxi operators, or ambulance builders ,or airport fleet operations.....just because it isn't part of the "retail" equation, does not mean it is insignificant.....Ford needs to address those concerns (and they do)...not overlook them.

Ok. We disagree. I just don't see it as a top of the list issue for Lincoln.

I will agree that once the big issues are addressed, they can turn to the livery market.

What Ford can do in the "here and now" is add an "L" version to the MKS....a six inch stretch at the rear door very similar to what Ford did to Town Car and Crown Victoria taxi units would bode very well in the livery/black car market.

• Like 1

What Ford can do in the "here and now" is add an "L" version to the MKS....a six inch stretch at the rear door very similar to what Ford did to Town Car and Crown Victoria taxi units would bode very well in the livery/black car market.

BUT, would the costs associated to make these changes to the MKS, which will likely move onto a completely different platform in 2 years, be able to be ammortized?

Yeah, but, the stretch market is mainly 20-30-somethings partying their faces off, puking through the sunroof and exposing themselves for the edification of onlookers. I am sure that the "black fleets" will latch onto the MKT and S in their non-stretch versions, anyway.

Lincoln will be 100 years old in 2017. It can get along just fine without the pukemobiles. Patience, Grasshopper, patience. :)

No argument on the stretch "pukemobiles"- I think the issue is the black car business. The interview I saw was with the owner of what I gathered was a "black car" fleet-at least that was what was in the background. This guy was adamant that he was going "elsewhere".

Hopefully Ford will make the MKS available with the same beefed up chassis as MKT...both the MKT and MKS can enjoy a good following from the livery business utilizing the Town Car name directed squarely at the limousine/livery market.....MKT Town Car can have MKS Town Car as a stable mate...

L-P9250003-1.JPG

This actually looks surprisingly good, I've never seen an MKS stretch limo before.

I can't think of ANY vehicle better suited to the Limo form factor than the MKT, it's absolutely perfect! How it looks is another matter.

Stretching an MKS is absurd. The MKT works much better. However, Chrysler 300's look even better as stretch limos. For the volume and the damage to the brand, this is an end of the business Ford can well do without. Offer a stretch Flex. :)