World 2012 Ranger why not here FORD ????

gafry

Just to let you people know what a POS the Ranger is. I am in the car-RV business. We are currently repairing a 03 Ranger. It has a broken throttle cable. Well guess what? Ford doesnt have one and neither does any Auto Parts store. So we have to find one at a wrecking yard or online. Ford offered the Ranger with a series of antique engines to consumers, while its heavy SUV and F-series lines got the big money for development. Ford and America NEEDS a real and efficient small truck, its time for Ford management to get in touch with consumers out there and give us one.

Thanks,

Illinois Lemon Law

FORD IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE A RANGER IN THE USA. BRING THE T6 HERE AND WE WILL BUY IT ????????

Just to let you people know what a POS the Ranger is. I am in the car-RV business. We are currently repairing a 03 Ranger. It has a broken throttle cable. Well guess what? Ford doesnt have one and neither does any Auto Parts store. So we have to find one at a wrecking yard or online. Ford offered the Ranger with a series of antique engines to consumers, while its heavy SUV and F-series lines got the big money for development. Ford and America NEEDS a real and efficient small truck, its time for Ford management to get in touch with consumers out there and give us one.

Thanks,

Illinois Lemon Law

There are these things called junkyards chock full of Ranger parts. Since there were no changes from 1998 to 2011, you should be able to acquire a working throttle cable with minimum expense/effort.

Just to let you people know what a POS the Ranger is. I am in the car-RV business. We are currently repairing a 03 Ranger. It has a broken throttle cable.

So the Ranger is a POS because of a broken throttle cable, give me a freaking break.

By the way in my opinion you should be banned for all the " Illinois Lemon Law " SPAM

More awesomeness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9safLM6exQ

Try that in an F-150 and your ingeniously bottom-mounted alternator will die a quick death. During the recent hurricanes, I passed more than a few stranded F-150's by shallow flooded roads that my little B3000 easily traversed.

No wonder Ford doesn't want to sell it here. It would embarrass every F-150 including the Raptor in this type of situation. Probably not many times that anyone would really need a truck this capable but then again, the only truck I have had that could do this sort of thing is maybe my 75 Bronco. It has 35" tires and 7 1/2" of lift and I would still need to extend the axle housing vents before trying something like that. Yeah, I can see the T6 stealing sales from the F-150. Here we go again - better products that we can't have.

Out of curiosity what sort of mileage does the T6 Ranger get? Not to beat a dead horse but I so wish we could get something like that in the USA. The over bloated over priced F150 is just not for me at all and I will go without before I even consider one.

28mpg US for the 4x4 crew cab with 3.2L diesel. Quite impressive considering an equivalent trim F-150 with Ecoboost only manages 18mpg in the real world.

Ford hasn't EPA tested a 2012 Ranger or a 3.2L Diesel much less one tuned to meet U.S. emissions standards. You can't just extrapolate other country's testing.

VW and Mercedes seem to be able to get diesels EPA certified without too much trouble. Moot point though, since Ford has "diesel-like" 2.X liter Ecoboost motors that fit.

Also, EPA mileage tests are not accurate for the F-150 unless you're looking at standard cabs with 3.15 gears. 21mpg ain't happening with an EB FX4 crew cab and its 3.73 gears.

If the 5 cylinder oil burner could get 28 then the 4 would top 30. They would do all kinds of work cheap if the diesel didnt cost an extra arm and a leg but Im sure it would over here. I guess Im holding out hope Gm makes a serious effort and doesnt half way do the new trucks like they did the last generation. Nothing in the small segment has had any updates in forever.

VW and Mercedes seem to be able to get diesels EPA certified without too much trouble. Moot point though, since Ford has "diesel-like" 2.X liter Ecoboost motors that fit.

Also, EPA mileage tests are not accurate for the F-150 unless you're looking at standard cabs with 3.15 gears. 21mpg ain't happening with an EB FX4 crew cab and its 3.73 gears.

Nobody said Ford couldn't get one certified - just that they haven't and until they do you can't make wild guesses about what the mpg might be. You can't use the European figures for a ton of reasons.

• 3 months later...