World 2012 Ranger why not here FORD ????

gafry

But I did reference "comparable" vehicles. Personally, I don't want a regular cab truck. I frequently need to carry more than three people. And I like to have a truck with a nice option package. Neither of those is possible with the regular cab F-150. The regular cab T-6 is nearly the same size as the regular cab F-150.....but the SC/CC F-150 is 21 inches longer than the T-6 Crew Cab. Sure, the T-6 that I'd buy is 90% the size of a comparable F 150, but that 21 inches is significant when you're pulling into a garage. The wheelbase on the T 6 Crew cab is also shorter than the F-150 SC/CC, making it more maneuverable. I realize it may not be profitable to bring the T-6 to the U.S. market at this time and I'm not suggesting they do so. I was just sort of wondering what that vehicle that was 90% the size of the F 150 would look like.

Ford needs to stop with the "there's no business case because it's 90% the size of an F-150" BS. Look what happens when you just compare vehicles on length:

Fiesta sedan: 173.6"

Focus sedan: 178.5"

Fusion sedan: 190.6"

Taurus sedan: 202.9"

Fiesta is 91% the size of Fusion according to Ford's fuzzy math. Fiesta to Focus is 97%. Focus to Fusion is 93%. Fusion to Taurus is 94%. :ohsnap:

Ford needs to stop with the "there's no business case because it's 90% the size of an F-150" BS. Look what happens when you just compare vehicles on length:

Fiesta sedan: 173.6"

Focus sedan: 178.5"

Fusion sedan: 190.6"

Taurus sedan: 202.9"

Fiesta is 91% the size of Fusion according to Ford's fuzzy math. Fiesta to Focus is 97%. Focus to Fusion is 93%. Fusion to Taurus is 94%. :ohsnap:

Build the T6 here and call it the F100, use the EB 2.0, and the 3.7 liter (once the new EB engines are ready replace the 3.7 with the EB 2.7 liter. 3000lb payload and towing up to 7000lbs properly equipped. Class 1 vehicle

Merge the F150 and F250 into the F200. Give it the capability of the old light duty F250, a near 4000lb bed capacity and make sure it can be plow prepped and or can offer conventional towing configurations up to 13,000lb when properly equipped as a Class 1 Vehicle offer the 5.0 V8, the EB3.5 and the 6.2 liter V8. If ford is worried about the long term durability of the EB 3.5 in commercial duty, don't offer it with the package or options. Ex. want plow prep, PTO capability or towing over 11,500...the 6.2 liter will be required.

Change the F350 into the F300 with a 5000lbs single rear wheel and, 7000lb dual rear wheel payload and 15,000lbs conventional towing. Class 3 Vehicle

Change the F450 into the F400 with a 9,500lb dual rear wheel, and 16,000lbs conventional towing as Class 4 vehicle

Edited by Mackintire

Yeah, just like all those that were going to buy the German Merkurs, Australian Capris, the Focus coupe and of course, the Thunderbird.

Yeah !!!!! I have bought three Ford Rangers but I guess you have your opinion just like everyone does. Good to see how positive your opinion is !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah !!!!! I have bought three Ford Rangers but I guess you have your opinion just like everyone does. Good to see how positive your opinion is !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't about being positive or negative. Ford has been stung before from people claiming that they will buy a certain model if made available.

Kind of like " the check is in the mail"

This isn't about being positive or negative. Ford has been stung before from people claiming that they will buy a certain model if made available.

Kind of like " the check is in the mail"

Yeah, usually happens when Ford tries to invent a market segment with a goofy product nobody wants (see Thunderbird "boulevard cruiser" and Flex). There is real, unmet demand for quality small(er) trucks.

That would be "met" demand. You said "un-met" demand.

Tacoma-sized truck with modern technology (direct injection, 4-wheel disc brakes, 25mpg+ highway) does not currently exist in the US. It will when the new Colorado arrives. Ford already has that (T6) but refuses to sell it stateside.

Tacoma-sized truck with modern technology (direct injection, 4-wheel disc brakes, 25mpg+ highway) does not currently exist in the US. It will when the new Colorado arrives. Ford already has that (T6) but refuses to sell it stateside.

So what are all the people who want such a truck, but can't get it, buying right now?

So what are all the people who want such a truck, but can't get it, buying right now?

Holding onto their Tacomas, Rangers, and Dakotas until the wheels fall off.

Buying an F-150 in the configuration I want is unfeasible. 4WD S-crew curb weight is over 5500lbs, which means it needs commercial plates. If I run commercial plates, I can't drive on the parkway. If I can't drive on the parkway, I can't drive my daily driver to work.

Holding onto their Tacomas, Rangers, and Dakotas until the wheels fall off.

Buying an F-150 in the configuration I want is unfeasible. 4WD S-crew curb weight is over 5500lbs, which means it needs commercial plates. If I run commercial plates, I can't drive on the parkway. If I can't drive on the parkway, I can't drive my daily driver to work.

WTH? Where are you that an F150 can't be driven on the highway?

NYS. Parkways are limited to "passenger vehicles only". No trailers, no commercial plates (pickups over 5500lbs), no company logos, etc.

Seriously? And a truck licensed over 5500 has to be licensed commercial? That's one of the most idiotic thing I've ever heard of.

Glad I don't live in NY!

I'll take my truck-loving redneck state of MO! :hysterical:

Seriously? And a truck licensed over 5500 has to be licensed commercial? That's one of the most idiotic thing I've ever heard of.

Glad I don't live in NY!

I'll take my truck-loving redneck state of MO! :hysterical:

Meh... at least I don't have to worry about getting stuck behind a pair of semis, an overloaded dump truck, or a tractor during my commute.

Only an issue because Ford grew the F-150 into a 3/4 ton.

Meh... at least I don't have to worry about getting stuck behind a pair of semis, an overloaded dump truck, or a tractor during my commute.

Only an issue because Ford grew the F-150 into a 3/4 ton.

Um, show me an F150 in the past 30 years that you could have licensed for < 5500 lbs and not been overweight with a driver and a full tank of gas. That's not including anything in the bed, and if you don't have anything in the bed, what is the point of having a truck?

I do see the logic though...blame Ford for NY having stupid laws about not being able to drive a standard half ton vehicle on the highway. Makes perfect sense...about the same as comparing an F150 to a semi/dump truck/tractor?

Um, show me an F150 in the past 30 years that you could have licensed for < 5500 lbs and not been overweight with a driver and a full tank of gas. That's not including anything in the bed, and if you don't have anything in the bed, what is the point of having a truck?

I do see the logic though...blame Ford for NY having stupid laws about not being able to drive a standard half ton vehicle on the highway. Makes perfect sense...about the same as comparing an F150 to a semi/dump truck/tractor?

Empty curb weight must be under 5500 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...

709px-Truckersuseexpwysnotpkwys.jpg

"Today, Parkways are for the most part equivalent to expressways and freeways built in other parts of the country, except for a few oddities. First, because many of these roads were either designed before civil engineers had experience building roads for automobile use or widened in response to increasing traffic, many New York parkways lack shoulders. Second, because designers focused more on making routes scenic rather than efficient, the parkways are meandering, often built to follow a river, and so contain many turns. Finally, because most use low, decorative stone-arch overpasses that would trap trucks, commercial vehicles are banned from parkways. Because Manhattan island has only one short interstate passing through the far Upper West Side, this has led to the oddity of forcing all trucking in Manhattan onto local streets."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkways_in_New_York_State

Something we should also remember was the mid term goals set out by Ford a few years back,

that encompass further technology but also 250-750 lb weight reduction and use of diesel

maybe a hint for the 2014 F150?

Excellent point !

Global Ranger (aka T6, P375) is scheduled for some major changes in 2016MY. Sounds like a good time to "federalize" it !

Excellent point !

Global Ranger (aka T6, P375) is scheduled for some major changes in 2016MY. Sounds like a good time to "federalize" it !

Yes and adding to that, Ford NA then has four years to get F150, F250 sorted out in terms of overlap, weight and size.

I'm very interested to see what changes FNA has made for the 2014 F150, I have a feeling it will shake up the market...

Perhaps federalizing I-5 diesel for Transit eases its path into F150 giving a big jump in fuel economy numbers while

keeping that 350 lb ft of torque, if that's the case look for around 30% improvement in fuel economy over the 5.0 V8.

Fingers crossed Ford keeps bringing efficiency and technology to the most buyers......Wild card: 2.7 V6 Ecoboost?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZZCT7wqW64&feature=related

Edited by jpd80