Lincoln getting its own ad agency?

Translation: "I hope they do something I like and not something I don't like. Because if they do what I like, they will be guaranteed success."

What are you? 12?

You're such an arrogant child.

I didn't say nor imply any of that. Grow up.

No, I think that the latest styling designs from Lincoln were horrible..... I think I am entitled to an opinion...

No...your not entitled to your opinion. The chosen ones are...but if your opinion doesn't fall in line with blind praise, you are attacked.

Hard to believe that a place to SHARE opinions would be so stifling of certain members with whom they disagree.

Edited by Boss444

so stifling of certain members with whom they disagree.

it's like this:

I don't care if you disagree with me, but I dislike laziness, I dislike complaints that offer no alternatives, I dislike arguments and opinions that are ill-informed.

here are some examples:

"Ford should just stop trying. It's clear that they don't know what they're doing."

This is lazy.

"Ford's plan for Lincoln sucks."

This is a complaint with no alternative.

"If the MKS is any indication of Max Wolff's design for Lincoln, they're screwed."

This is ill-informed.

Why do I dislike these things?

- Lazy argumentation: It effectively requires those that disagree with you to do all the heavy lifting. Remember when I said that Ford's margins were higher than GM's? Yeah, well I provided sources for that. Lazy people just say stuff and refuse to back up their claims.

- Complaints with no alternatives: By refusing to propound an alternative, you put yourself in a false position. You effectively avoid criticism while heaping it on whatever it is that you oppose. For some people this soon turns into a belief that whatever they believe is true because they believe it to be so.

- Ill informed opinions: If you're going to criticize something, it's a good idea to know what you're talking about. For instance, if you're going to insist that Ford's AWD system should be able to operate full time and at any conceivable torque split, it would help you to know how Ford's AWD system works.

It never said that. You misinterpreted it. And you must have missed all of the buzz about the new MKZ which DOES indicate the new Lincoln styling direction because it's the first all new vehicle designed under Wolff. The MKS was just a refresh and as such they couldn't make too many changes like they are with the MKZ.

IIRC, the MKZ was started before Wolff. He revised it somewhat, but it's not all-new from concept under his tenure. We will have to wait on the next Lincoln, whatever it will be. :)

What I find most interesting is that Ford's path is very different from GM's.

Ford appears to be putting more weight on message and ownership experience than GM did with Cadillac.

With Cadillac, GM ran some commercials with Led Zeppelin, and that was about it apart from the new product. Ford is taking a much more holistic view of the process.

I loved the "Starship" commercials with the Shiny Toy Guns' covers,they showed off the technology well without a spokesman,showed the cars in a very flattering almost sexy way & invoked a little nostalgia with the songs but with a twist.

I feel those commercials had the best chance of attracting a newer younger customer base with the tie-in of those songs.I remember trying to find out who did those covers for Lincoln in the same way I did for the ipod commercials with all their funky little songs,Heineken does a very similar thing.

The new Lincoln ads make me feel like they are trying to woo the Town Car folks back to the fold with the soft jazz fusion music and white haired spokesman.

I'm sure thats just my perception though.

• Like 1

IIRC, the MKZ was started before Wolff. He revised it somewhat, but it's not all-new from concept under his tenure. We will have to wait on the next Lincoln, whatever it will be. :)

That's true, but remember that he delayed the public debut of the concept 9 months and the production version 1 year - that's a lot of time just to make minor "revisions".

I think he was given carte blanche to make the design his own and that's why it was delayed so long. He may have been hampered a bit by structural changes but probably not much.

This isn't like the first MKS where they just put a new grille on it.

The new Lincoln ads make me feel like they are trying to woo the Town Car folks back to the fold with the soft jazz fusion music and white haired spokesman.

Well the baby boomer population is growing older...so not a stretch to cater to them

What are you? 12?

You're such an arrogant child.

I didn't say nor imply any of that. Grow up.

No...your not entitled to your opinion. The chosen ones are...but if your opinion doesn't fall in line with blind praise, you are attacked.

Hard to believe that a place to SHARE opinions would be so stifling of certain members with whom they disagree.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and the majority stink.

Everyone IS entitled to an opinion, just don't act like yours is automatically worth more than others.

Or, in your case Boss444 overstating your same opinion over and over and over and over...

Everyone IS entitled to an opinion, just don't act like yours is automatically worth more than others.

Or, in your case Boss444 overstating your same opinion over and over and over and over...

I've done neither. And on here, everyone is NOT entitled to their opinion. If said opinion does not fall inline with a few peoples view of reality, then you are automatically targeted with sarcastic responses or purposeful misunderstanding and misrepresentation just to slam the poster...all because they shared their opinion...in a polite, non offensive way.

Fortunately, there is an ignore feature. Unfortunately, it does not block the drivel when someone quotes it.

Edited by Boss444

I loved the "Starship" commercials with the Shiny Toy Guns' covers,they showed off the technology well without a spokesman,showed the cars in a very flattering almost sexy way & invoked a little nostalgia with the songs but with a twist.

I feel those commercials had the best chance of attracting a newer younger customer base with the tie-in of those songs.I remember trying to find out who did those covers for Lincoln in the same way I did for the ipod commercials with all their funky little songs,Heineken does a very similar thing.

me too!

StarShips.gif

If said opinion does not fall inline with a few peoples view of reality

Everyone comes to this board with an assumption of rationality.

However, when one repeatedly insists, for instance, that Ford could 'easily' make their AWD system function as a fulltime RWD system, and then insists that it 'could' be done, and then insists that those who oppose the idea on various grounds are being pointlessly negative, then one loses one's right to an assumption of rationality.

It may bother you that we expect you to justify your criticism with sound argument, it may bother you that we expect you to furnish well considered alternatives in addition to criticism, but that's just how it is here. We're not going to change for you.

And, rest assured, if we didn't want you on this forum, you'd be banned. Your ideas are welcome, but be prepared to defend them. Nothing personal.

Edited by RichardJensen
  • Like 1

If you don't like my posts, don't read them....Problem solved...

How can I simultaneously read your post in order to know it's your post and not read your post because it IS your post? In order to KNOW it's your post, I'd first have read them... (unless there's an ignore function on these boards)

Besides, you seem to think your experience is worth more than others because it's dissenting...

There seems to be an influx of rogue "Ford fans" who consciously take it upon themselves to challenge the consensus so as to not appear biased thereby appearing biased anyway

It's like we have our own counterculture of people crying de jure/facto segregation lol