5X8`s really?

Decker

I keep hearing, "we should be thankful we have a job", I for one am very thankful.....

But, (and there is always a BUTT) is it just me or are the decision makers just slightly confused? 3 Crew or traditional 2 shifts? 4X10 or 5X8? Saturdays,Sundays, 10 hours or 10.7hours? Line speed or cycle time? Ask any three decision makers the same production question and if you only get three different answers you better consider yourself lucky.

Paint and Body starts bringing in C crew at 9am. (Tues.?) By Thursday, some where starting at 9am, some at noon. Most going home around 6 or 6:30pm? No C crew 10% shift premium? Then last Thursday it was posted that this Saturday would be mandatory, both shifts, C crew??? We went from 4X10`s (really 4X10.7`s) to 5X8`s (really 5X10`s) and this Saturday.

Then the posted schedule for next week.... (one day after International decision makers drops in for a visit??) ready for this? "Mon. thru Fri....10.7hours and Sat.....10hours" Day shift starting time 6am and Afternoon shift 6pm. No mention of "C crew"?

International decision makers and Company decision makers have just had an idea.... drum roll please.... Appendix H !!!!!!! well, maybe. no, no, the new MAJOR MODEL LAUNCH language!!!!! Okay, now this new language suspends appendix H...?? which takes out the language that would (under appendix H) restrict the companies right to schedule mandatory over time. Nice???

Yes Sir Ree, we gots us a Completely New Model!!! Police Interceptor!!! Hell, we gots us three other hot sellers too!!! :hyper:

Ok, let me get one thing perfectly clear, (listen up haters) crystal clear, I am completely THANKFUL that I work for FORD and represented by the Great UAW... Hell I`m very proud of the company that pushed back from the trough full of our tax money and that Great Union Membership that helped pay for that success story. I am not complaining about the products or the hours or all the money we have a chance to make.

Really, I am not complaining!!!

Stop, for just a minute, look around CAP.... Are the decision makers doing GOOD things? Are we running on good old common sense? Do the decision makers ask for any input from those other people in the plant. (us) Has there been one day in the last week any decision maker in any department went to the root cause of any concern and (okay, here`s a big one) corrected the issue? Any decision maker, any one of them say. Hey!! lets Stop the MADNESS!!! We have run out of room!!!! to park units!!!

Okay, here is my concern, Are the decision makers going to kill this goose, that has given us these golden eggs (current models)? Like I said earlier, Maybe its just me but, (yep, another one) it sure looks a lot like those past decisions that failed to deliver a product to the market place, in past years?

How`s things going at MAP? Hope a little better there then here.

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 2

You are an ungrateful A__ Hole

I have never read such garbage. The UAW floods your location with products and thousands of jobs and nothing but complaints from your pie hole

Please spare us your hardship of great job security, good pay and a safe place to work. Sorry, cant have pity for you when many locations are still worried about our futures while you are sitting on job security for years to come

Stop posting your pitiful garbage

• Like 1

QUIT WHINING . MTP did three crews for eight years and we are on our second round of C Crew at DTP ( 3 years) Three crew language was in some local agreements now it is nationally negotiated. You don't like it? Tough take a buyout someone would be glad to replace you. You rhetoric is old and horse beating. Three crew is way of the future. Does it suck? Yes. Can we do anything about it?No. Welcome to the One Ford brother. I'd rather see five eights too, but it's not gonna happen soon.

Here is my schedule.Today is Friday,,,I will start at 6:30 pm {5% shift premium}and work a mandatory 12 until 6:30 am, the first 10 hours are straight time.Saturday ,Sunday and Monday are also mandatory 12`s but on Sat and Sun I will get time and a quarter for the first 10.Had Monday been,,,say Memorial day there is a very good chance the company would say I must work {after all why not,with all the givebacksI already paid for my own holiday}and if such were the case I would be paid 250% times 12 hours.A couple of major reasons why unions were formed in the first place were the 8 hour work day and paid holidays.We have no new local agreement on the horizon.Most of my co-workers are beat down and intimidated to the point where if the company said "JUMP" they would ask "Sir,How High".The local union simply doesnt seem to want to fight for us anymore,when things turn around hopefully in 4 years,that will change.Until then,I wholeheartedly agree with you,these alternative work schedules are brutal.Please,,,,,dont vote for ANY Republicans regardless of how seductive their bull$hit may sound.

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 4

DTP has been doing : crews longer than 3 years there was a 7 month break but it's been at least 5 years. I know cuz that's how long I've been there. What happened to Ford wanting to put all North American Assembly plants on 3 crews 5 days a week? Cus I'm ready to go back to that now. Te company could get more units plus less medicals.JMO

• Like 2

I have never read such garbage. The UAW floods your location with products and thousands of jobs and nothing but complaints from your pie hole

Please spare us your hardship of great job security, good pay and a safe place to work. Sorry, cant have pity for you when many locations are still worried about our futures while you are sitting on job security for years to come

Okay... Okay... I GET IT... I really GET IT... :soapbox:

Armstrong, you are at a plant that doesn`t have a bright future, I know, I know!!!! I feel your fear and frustration or should I say read it?

In past posts you went off with the name calling, I was not offend by that and I`m some what okay with being called an ASSHOLE if you have to vent young brother, if it helps your blood pressure?? But, would you man up and just spell the dam word out.... We are adults here so you can spell ASS. This fear and frustration is getting to you brother....

Someday, you may realize that to much of a good thing might not be a good thing. Ever read anything about how those coal miners had all the work they could work? Some must have been assholes in your opinion, because some of those slackers didn`t like breathing that shit for 14 hours a day....

Have you ever sat and talked with any fellow members that have just been told they have to start a 4X12 schedule? Ever listen, to a Trades member wondering how he`s going to remain a coach for his son`s ball team when his schedule now includes the two days that 90% of the free world consider, as free time?

Sitting in the electricians crib talking with other members and a family member (has his own chair and likes donuts, just like other electricians out here, must be in the training??) about the whole AWS thing. I guess you might consider them as assholes too, because we all were pointing out the disadvantages of these AWS schedules. Seems our Trades will be on a different AWS from production. As usual there is no fighting this crab because the national contract has so many loop holes in it. Not only does the contract look like Swiss cheese it smells like Swiss cheese that has spent a week in the corner under your bed.

Yes, I GET IT.. Armstrong... you haven`t had to look at a schedule that looks like the one CAP just had the great pleasure of receiving. I`m sure you haven`t had to figure out how to work in a breakfast with a daughter because she hasn`t seen the old man in weeks. Her schedule is one where there are a lot of 9 to 5`s in it. When did these kids become so independent and realize the old man is working a really weird schedule?

But, I`m an Asshole? Armstrong yours is not the only world with adversities... It has not been that long ago that we at CAP felt your fear, first hand. Then low and behold, the company decision makers and International decision makers find a way to put you against me and after all the hoop plaa about NEW J-O-B`s and all the product AAI and all the other plants will get we got a contract that to put it "nicely children" SUCKS" yep "SUCKS".... New JOBS...really? Product for AAI...really? There has to be a hole in the contract for that too!!

Really, this is just a place to vent Armstrong. Don`t take anything out here to the point you become offended. Vent young brother vent, I know I do.

I`m with you Fatso, how long is it going to take for people who earn money by selling time to corporations to realize they, "Republicans" have no use for us other than to work as hard as we can, then die..... Romassholeney just stated he believes we should rise all the social secruity requirments because we are living longer... MAN FOR THE PEOPLE...... the ASSHOLE!!!!

General, we had some talk about 3X8 hour shifts per day and the decision makers agreed that discussion was just "Crazy Talk".... and they moved on to some other stupid shit discussion.

Pie hole...? really Armstrong,come on you got better than that. :huh:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

You didnt really think you'd get a pity party on this site did you? lol

Dam, Dam, Dam it !!! I always wanted a Pity Party..... :hysterical2:

Armstrong, I have laughed my ass off sitting at this computer so many times. With the help of the posts from The General, Fatso, SU FI and others. It`s a way I get by, young brother.

You want to bust a gut Armstrong??? read 60 opening at Avon.... try it, The General will make you smile and I bet if you let it, you`ll laugh your ass off :hysterical2:

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

QUIT WHINING . MTP did three crews for eight years and we are on our second round of C Crew at DTP ( 3 years) Three crew language was in some local agreements now it is nationally negotiated. You don't like it? Tough take a buyout someone would be glad to replace you. You rhetoric is old and horse beating. Three crew is way of the future. Does it suck? Yes. Can we do anything about it?No. Welcome to the One Ford brother. I'd rather see five eights too, but it's not gonna happen soon.

I agree brother this crap is here for a long time.... and yep it sucks!!!

Two things to straighten out. First, I`m old so the rhetoric might just be old... Second, nope never have and never will, been a member of American Quarter Horse Riders for years, so I know beating a horse is something people get shot for...

oh, just to set the record straight that's a tattoo of a tear on my cheek.... :shades:

• Like 1

Worried about your future? There have been several postings to move to Chicago. If your that worried, move or shut the hell up.

• Like 1

Here is my schedule.Today is Friday,,,I will start at 6:30 pm {5% shift premium}and work a mandatory 12 until 6:30 am, the first 10 hours are straight time.Saturday ,Sunday and Monday are also mandatory 12`s but on Sat and Sun I will get time and a quarter for the first 10.Had Monday been,,,say Memorial day there is a very good chance the company would say I must work {after all why not,with all the givebacksI already paid for my own holiday}and if such were the case I would be paid 250% times 12 hours.A couple of major reasons why unions were formed in the first place were the 8 hour work day and paid holidays.We have no new local agreement on the horizon.Most of my co-workers are beat down and intimidated to the point where if the company said "JUMP" they would ask "Sir,How High".The local union simply doesnt seem to want to fight for us anymore,when things turn around hopefully in 4 years,that will change.Until then,I wholeheartedly agree with you,these alternative work schedules are brutal.Please,,,,,dont vote for ANY Republicans regardless of how seductive their bull$hit may sound.

Well said.

Thanks for the negative vote. Would have been better if you would of just said I was mistaken.

By the way, I was.

Increased Capacity Utilization Brings Greater Efficiency, More Jobs

May-23-2011 6:50 AM ET

DEARBORN - In 2012, many Ford North American manufacturing plants will begin to increase their capacity utilization by operating around the clock with three shifts of employees working a total of 24 hours a day five days a week.

The strategy – which will eventually migrate to all of the company's powertrain, stamping and assembly plants – will enable Ford to maximize production, create new jobs, become more competitive and enhance job security for plant employees.

http://www.at.ford.c...ore%20Jobs.aspx

• Like 1

Thanks for the negative vote. Would have been better if you would of just said I was mistaken.

By the way, I was.

http://www.at.ford.c...ore%20Jobs.aspx

The old, "Bait and Switch" that every used car sales person has used on the south side for years.....

Tetreault, was a car sales person on the south side (CAP).... I wonder if Bob, fell for it... or...???? What was I thinking... Bob, is for all the new jobs and repeatedly stating the phrase "adding a shift"... hmmm

Decker

1 of the 1788

Up Date....

How`s... "2" X12 X 6 or 7 sound? Not anything like "3" X 8 X 5 or "3" Crew... Yep, the decision makers started the 12 hour schedule talk, for Pre-Delivery, Repair Wholes, Drivers and all QC members, today. 24 hours of coverage... not 24 hours of Production. Oh Yeah, now we`re rolling.

The Little House of Horror`s is now up and running. (MOD Center)

One thing for sure, before they pull the center poll out, we at CAP will be seeing some nice direct deposits, before they close the circus down for the season.

Dam, if the decision makers don't have this place screwed up...... :titanic:

Decker

1 of the 1788

(venting, just venting Armstrong) :rolleyes:

Up Date....

How`s... "2" X12 X 6 or 7 sound? Not anything like "3" X 8 X 5 or "3" Crew... Yep, the decision makers started the 12 hour schedule talk, for Pre-Delivery, Repair Wholes, Drivers and all QC members, today. 24 hours of coverage... not 24 hours of Production. Oh Yeah, now we`re rolling.

The Little House of Horror`s is now up and running. (MOD Center)

One thing for sure, before they pull the center poll out, we at CAP will be seeing some nice direct deposits, before they close the circus down for the season.

Dam, if the decision makers don't have this place screwed up...... :titanic:

Decker

1 of the 1788

(venting, just venting Armstrong) :rolleyes:

You just cant grasp how blessed you are that the UAW negotiated all of the investments, job security and piece of mind everyday you walk through those gates at CAP.

Your "product investment" and "additional shifts" are good problems to have.

Just remember your job is more secure than the remaining 40,000 of us so your complains of job security dont go far.

Vent all you want but its sickening to me the constant whining when you should be thankful of the job security that was negotiated for CAP

Edited by Armstrong
  • Like 1

You just cant grasp how blessed you are that the UAW negotiated all of the investments, job security and piece of mind everyday you walk through those gates at CAP.

Your "product investment" and "additional shifts" are good problems to have.

Just remember your job is more secure than the remaining 40,000 of us so your complains of job security dont go far.

Vent all you want but its sickening to me the constant whining when you should be thankful of the job security that was negotiated for CAP

Yeah.. Yeah, I know.... "Blessed".

I knew, there was more of a reason to love those sisters/brothers of the Trades than just there great chairs and tasty donuts....

Let me try to describe a warm and fuzzy moment, from today`s atta boy/girl session.

Seems a heard of local and corporate, muckity mucks were touring the plant today. Seems they were here to see first hand how well we are doing.... By all "reports" from our decision maker at CAP everything is well in control and in speck, so the muckity mucks were here for the high fives, back patting and maybe an atta boy/girl or two.

Well,,, seems the reports may have embellished just a bit... Ever seen the look on the face of that muskrat, when he see`s the lights of your car, 50 feet away from his hairy little ass? Okay, now multiply that look by 6 or 8 of the face`s strolling down the Chassis line today.

Now that brings me to the warm and fuzzy....

Seems one of the muckity mucks was going on and on about the "DATA" this and the "DATA" that.... on and on about the "REPORT" this and the "REPORT" that...

A responding (yep another break down) member of the Trades, must have overheard some of the discussions and some of the talk of D-A-T-A.... because at some (most likely inopportune timing for the muckity mucks) point, I understand the Trades person asked a question.....

"Ever Hear the term"... "Garbage in... Garbage out" ;)

Now, I understand the muckities just went about there official important business.... Me and most that have been told the story... DAM NEAR WET OUR PANTS !!!!! :hysterical2:

See Armstrong, not only are we blessed with Trades members that can think quick on their feet (also in their chairs) we have learned from being CUBS fans to look for the bright spots in a losing season.... :yahoo:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker