Teeth knocked out at DTP

DTP Nick

Ok. Just heard like 6 people got fired and someone got knocked out. Not saying its true everyone should know how plant rumors go.

It happened...Was wondering what would EVER provoke someone to even think of fighting at work? Ive heard of people getting their job back for attendance but fighting??

It happened...Was wondering what would EVER provoke someone to even think of fighting at work? Ive heard of people getting their job back for attendance but fighting??

I think most of us have thought about it but the consequences are so high.Who knows why.All I can say is there are a lot of clicks,lots of games being played,lots of people with really strong pushy-type personalites and every now and then you just run into an an ordinary bully.Too Bad it happened.

• Like 2

I was thinking the same thing. It's crazy. I don't know if these people will get their jobs back … zero tolerance for fighting & harassment. But no matter how much I disliked someone which in a place that big is more than possible I'd NEVER lose my job and livelyhood over some A hole!!

• Like 2

Most of the commentors on this topic are the kind of people I appreciate,to work with.You know as I get older,I am increasingly unimpressed with who can kick whos azz and it transcends the physical to include the emotional as well.So,thanks to all who show up at a thankless repetitive job and have the courtesy to not act like a hard-ass.

• Like 3

We had a couple guys get into a fight in our dept yrs ago. one was forced to retire, the other fired, the fired guy was offered his job back about a yr later, he wanted back pay for time off, so he refused and got a lawyer, never did get his job back, dummy.

Edited by niteeyes
  • Like 1

Union at DTP/local 600 won't bother to fight for those jobs when they are elected and paid too. In the old days a fight would get you 90 days off without pay and possibly a work waiver to come back. I believe they should get their jobs back, but they should be separated and sign a waiver to agree to not fight again. It's unfortunate that the union at DTP won't fight for bringing back people. These people will have their grievances sat on, or pushed under a rug for over a year before they come back. There are also other people currently out that have been out over a year and DTP union isn't doing their jobs correctly. The union is supposed to get back everyone's job, that is their job and if you don't agree with that, go work in a republican state.

If you were one of the one's that were fired for fighting be prepared to be screwed over by your local reps. I've heard reps even making up lies and stories just to side with the company on cases so that they don't have to do any real work. Make these people work for you like they should. Call them everyday, show up every day, prepare your cases, witnesses, documents because the company is not smart when it comes to trying to justify firings. The company now under the new contract wants to just fire and get the top pay people out. Instead of solving the problem they make it worse and put people out on the street!

Good news though if you are the one that got fired, you can collect over 99 weeks of unemployment that the company has to pay for. So take your 99 weeks and go to ROME on vacation or something. Stay out of Mexico.

Edited by morepie
  • Like 1

Union at DTP/local 600 won't bother to fight for those jobs when they are elected and paid too. In the old days a fight would get you 90 days off without pay and possibly a work waiver to come back. I believe they should get their jobs back, but they should be separated and sign a waiver to agree to not fight again. It's unfortunate that the union at DTP won't fight for bringing back people. These people will have their grievances sat on, or pushed under a rug for over a year before they come back. There are also other people currently out that have been out over a year and DTP union isn't doing their jobs correctly. The union is supposed to get back everyone's job, that is their job and if you don't agree with that, go work in a republican state.

If you were one of the one's that were fired for fighting be prepared to be screwed over by your local reps. I've heard reps even making up lies and stories just to side with the company on cases so that they don't have to do any real work. Make these people work for you like they should. Call them everyday, show up every day, prepare your cases, witnesses, documents because the company is not smart when it comes to trying to justify firings. The company now under the new contract wants to just fire and get the top pay people out. Instead of solving the problem they make it worse and put people out on the street!

Good news though if you are the one that got fired, you can collect over 99 weeks of unemployment that the company has to pay for. So take your 99 weeks and go to ROME on vacation or something. Stay out of Mexico.

I agree....I couldnt imagine how scary it would be to have been fired and be waiting to get back in on a waiver or whatever...Do they hire people back who fight though? Heard of people getting back in for attendance but fighting?

Edited by DTP Nick
  • Like 1

Union at DTP/local 600 won't bother to fight for those jobs when they are elected and paid too. In the old days a fight would get you 90 days off without pay and possibly a work waiver to come back. I believe they should get their jobs back, but they should be separated and sign a waiver to agree to not fight again.

Sign a waiver to not fight again? if they get their jobs back the waiver should be a zero tolerance for fucking up at all. they knew better, they knew what happens when you fight at work.

It's unfortunate that the union at DTP won't fight for bringing back people. These people will have their grievances sat on, or pushed under a rug for over a year before they come back. There are also other people currently out that have been out over a year and DTP union isn't doing their jobs correctly. The union is supposed to get back everyone's job, that is their job and if you don't agree with that, go work in a republican state.

The Union is suppose to get everyones job back? they're suppose to try.. if you havent noticed the union is at the mercy of the company. they union will have to give something up to get something from the company.. the company could give two shits about two dummies that want to fight.

They want to get rid of top pay people? no shit.. how about not giving them a reason to, like fighting.

there's no guarantee they'll get unemployment compensation because they were fighting, http://www.michigan.gov/uia/0,4680,7-118-26831_27122_27127-78538--,00.html

• Like 1

I know the woman that got beat up in paint (by a guy coward) and two guys just watched...Glad to see chivalry is still alive...

As for the hilo drivers, it would of been swept under the rug except one of them went to medical and reported it. Super was just going to send them home for the night to cool off.

Heard the 3rd fight was on door line, but have not heard anything to confirm/deny it.

• Like 1

I know the woman that got beat up in paint (by a guy coward) and two guys just watched...Glad to see chivalry is still alive...

As for the hilo drivers, it would of been swept under the rug except one of them went to medical and reported it. Super was just going to send them home for the night to cool off.

Heard the 3rd fight was on door line, but have not heard anything to confirm/deny it.

Had the 2 guys watching got involved, they would have been fired also. Best to just stay clear.

• Like 3

Had the Supervisor simply sent the guys home to cool off he would have been condoning fighting and he would have been in deep shit.Ford Motor Company cannot tolerate workers banging each others heads off the machines.How is that good business and besides it is actually criminal.Words and attitudes and 'games' can end up in fists and fists can end up with ONE finger karate.My advice is to stay out of it and call security.

• Like 1

The company doesn't always get the jump on or justify properly to the state a good enough reason to deny benefits. The company can simply tell the state what the employee did, but if it's not supported with documents or evidence then the state will not deny the benefits. The states and/or judges are now having sympathy for workers because of the economy and because of the felonious terminations companies now do to grow their bottom line.

Does anyone have the names of these people that were fired? I'd like to know if they were black or white because I think that will determine weather or not you come back or not according to the way things work in Dearborn from what I've heard.

Edited by morepie
  • Like 1

From what I heard was the two didn't get along she started hitting him then he grab her to make her stop she the. Bit him and he pushed her then she slipped and split her head open.

From what I heard was the two didn't get along she started hitting him then he grab her to make her stop she the. Bit him and he pushed her then she slipped and split her head open.

Sounds like a women i use to work with at my home plant, almost identical. and she works at DTP now too.