Has there been any skilled trades postings in the past 2 weeks ?

skilledhands

I'm sure if we, who have been off our tools for 4 years or more being forced to multiple plants made to work production for a 6 dollar an hour pay cut, said, "enough already put up some posting" or at least let us in on the decision making process. We would be told, "be thankful you have a job." So no I have seen any postings for a month. Last I saw was production to Chicago and 2 Tool and Die to Woodhaven Forge. We were told at the meeting at the local 600 hundred by IUAW and local leadership that 15 would be needed immediatly at T&D and reskills would be put on within month its been almost 3 months since that meeting.

• 2 weeks later...

Dtp not replacing ones retiring cause the ones left are having

work added to them.

Ford wants skilled trades to work not just ride around

and check out the women!

R & E Center 1 Welder 1 working as temp will most likely take job

Rouge Site 4 welders 3 working as temp or on line net 1 Welder

Livonia 1 Welder Pulled req. had someone with recall rights

Rawsonville 1 welder Pulled req ?????

1 MC to WHSP

3 MW to OHAP

5 MW to WHSP

yea theres a bunch of us here at the cleveland site signing.( old casting plant)

MW 's with 12-16-96 is in production here.

I'm signin with 1-19-99 and I'll be a looooong shot! gotta play to win though!

good luck to everyone!

Edited by lennyzrx

postings that come down today Wednesday 4/12/12 are for retiree replacement only. Supposedly all core trades should be back to work by the end of the year. I have been without a permanent home since 2007. Is there really somone out there looking out for those like me? 2 1/2 years as a temp at one plant then temp to another.

postings that come down today Wednesday 4/12/12 are for retiree replacement only. Supposedly all core trades should be back to work by the end of the year. I have been without a permanent home since 2007. Is there really somone out there looking out for those like me? 2 1/2 years as a temp at one plant then temp to another.

Good luck Masterchief.

I have only heard of zone 1. With over 950 trades retiring Im certain this will be a long process.

There are 2 tool and die and 3 industrial truck mechanics posted in zone at LAP for KTP. Postings go down Tuesday the 17th.

Any trades postings anywhere else?

5 millwrights for chicago stamping, 12 millwrights for chicago assembly, 1 millwright for buffalo stamping

The joke is they have not even told the people that posted for in zone jobs if they got them yet. Now they post for out of zone with 3 days to make up your mind not knowing where you stand.

• Like 1

I smell the BS coming!!! The postings for Millwright and pipefitters ended over ten days ago...it takes that long to look at a senoirty list???? What the hell is going on???

All zone 1 skilled results were posted at my plant at 3:00 today.

Your labor rep should have had this posted today