Union Slackers

67STANG

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of a guy who is trying to get his job back after being fired. The union says everyone deserves a second chance. LR says why should we bring him back when we are trying to get rid of people.

It would be quite the slap in the face to anyone who gets laid off to have this guy waving good-bye to them as they walk to their car for the last time.

Most people get it right the first time and don't need a second chance.

I know of a guy who is trying to get his job back after being fired. The union says everyone deserves a second chance. LR says why should we bring him back when we are trying to get rid of people.

It would be quite the slap in the face to anyone who gets laid off to have this guy waving good-bye to them as they walk to their car for the last time.

Most people get it right the first time and don't need a second chance.

OK, I got a question--------> I personally have never seen anyone get fired who did not deserve to get fired.(and most of them were rehired, and usually with backpay........only to be fired again, and at least 50% of them were brought back again) I am not saying it does not happen.

So then, let us not have a personal story cause they always lean towards the way you want it perceived. Rather, have you ever seen Ford fire anyone who was railroaded, screwed, lied about, just to get them out the door.

Now then, if they were union activists bitching about the local in place, don't go there cause the union had them fired, not the company.

Soooooooooo, have you ever seen it, and if you did, please tell us how many others besides that one were fired for reason, then brought back by our FEARLESS LEADERS, so we can compare how much they really want to help us compete............besides cutting our wages so they don't have to watch there sure votes,.,.,.,..,.,.,..,umm I mean constituents with problems get released.

With all that the good workers are being asked to give up, I wonder just who our union represents. Everyday I go to work and have to work with lazy ass people making 27.00+ an hour. These slackers are part of the reason the American automakers are in trouble. At Toyota & Honda they do not allow slackers. They get FIRED!! What does our union do? Fights to bring them back time and time again. Get rid of the lazy mfer's and spend the time working on what needs to be done to turn our industry around. The union is getting to be a real joke. They also need to look at "CAREER" medicals. At the Cleveland sight we have people on medical and restrictions more than they work out of the year. When they get put on a job they don't like it's medical here I come.

Start doing the job you were elected to do Union. Make it easy on the working people and start letting discipline take it's course with the lazy f-----'s. Only then we may see a turn around in the American auto industry. We can't carry the slackers forever. And in the long run it will hurt union membership as we continue to lose jobs to the Asian market.

To everyone who puts in a fair days work for damn good pay, keep it up. We can only do our part we can't make others change. Although we would like to. GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

your 100% right you want to coach the lions they need someone like you

OK, I got a question--------> I personally have never seen anyone get fired who did not deserve to get fired.(and most of them were rehired, and usually with backpay........only to be fired again, and at least 50% of them were brought back again) I am not saying it does not happen.

So then, let us not have a personal story cause they always lean towards the way you want it perceived. Rather, have you ever seen Ford fire anyone who was railroaded, screwed, lied about, just to get them out the door.

Now then, if they were union activists bitching about the local in place, don't go there cause the union had them fired, not the company.

Soooooooooo, have you ever seen it, and if you did, please tell us how many others besides that one were fired for reason, then brought back by our FEARLESS LEADERS, so we can compare how much they really want to help us compete............besides cutting our wages so they don't have to watch there sure votes,.,.,.,..,.,.,..,umm I mean constituents with problems get released.

Please reread my post which you quoted. Given your reply I think you misread it or are reading more into than is stated. Thanks.

Why would the Union keep track of absentees?

Thats the companie's job....it's also their job to administer the discipline process, NOT the Union's

Becuase its the least they can do for those that come to work and do they're part.Maby if the union kept track then these people could be counciled before it got to a diciplinary stage. If the union sent out attendance letters the message would sink in a little better becuase they would be warned in advance.

Why should the union do more about the slackers?

because the Union is here to secure the jobs and lively hood of the employees (union) as a WHOLE. When I see them fight to get someones job back for excessive awols, or defend a slacker for not doing his job, I feel the union has failed to do its job. By sitting back and not taking action against the liabilities of the union, it makes them just as bad as the managers that dont take action against the liabilities of the company.

They are supposed to do whats necessary to make sure our jobs will be here, which relates to what each employee does to help or hurt the company. No FOMOCO= No JOBS, and anyone that isnt doing their part to help this company run to its fullest potential, isnt helping this union to run to its fullest potential, and therefor becomes a liability to both. Sorry asses need to be removed by any means necessary, and my dues shouldnt support their lazy pleasures.

I always ask the comittee reps about defending the slackers, and their answer is always the same. They tell me that they are obligated to represent the slacker or else they wouldnt be doing their job. I feel that it is the correct answer, but he should be telling the slacker that he cannot defend his wrong doing or he wouldnt be doing his job.

Please reread my post which you quoted. Given your reply I think you misread it or are reading more into than is stated. Thanks.

Atlas,

I thought I read it correctly, you are not happy as the slacker is attempting to be reinstated by the union. You wonder how everyone would feel if they had to have this deadbeat wave bye-bye as they walked out the door, as the union had him re-hired and he/she(the deadbeat) took their place.

If that is the jist of your post, I agree with you 150%.

All I asked is for someone to show where someone was fired for UNJUST cause. Why???? Because if you can't think of anyone who was, then it only makes sense that the union is getting people back in who are worthless, pieces, of human, debris............and screwing the people who work.

If that is the unions job to SCREW US to protect them, then we need to change what is going on.

That was my point.

If we have to loose people, loose the right people from both hourly and salary.

:angry: :(

That will never happen even though Ford could save a lot of money.

These appointed reps are called "sell outs" - this is the reason they are so useless and Ford controls them.

<_< If we kicked out the useless union, the deadbeats would go with them. We would become a much more productive company. Maybee the media and the Jap car buyers would rally behind the home team once again.

Atlas,

I thought I read it correctly, you are not happy as the slacker is attempting to be reinstated by the union. You wonder how everyone would feel if they had to have this deadbeat wave bye-bye as they walked out the door, as the union had him re-hired and he/she(the deadbeat) took their place.

All I asked is for someone to show where someone was fired for UNJUST cause. Why???? Because if you can't think of anyone who was, then it only makes sense that the union is getting people back in who are worthless, pieces, of human, debris............and screwing the people who work.

If that is the unions job to SCREW US to protect them, then we need to change what is going on.

That was my point.

We do agree my friend. Thank you for taking the time to make this clarification.

Atlas,

That was my point.

Well, not to justify that the union is great in the current state it has become, but I do know of one instance where someone was fired/terminated and shouldn't have been. I was terminated when I had 3 years in at my first ford plant. To keep it short, I had gotten in a bad water skiing accident on the first day of July shutdown. When we were supposed to return to work, I had to stay out on personal medical (which I was clueless about). I had never been on any type of medical, nor have I ever had any sort of restrictions (just so you know I'm not the usual whiner). I did not know I had to renew the medical paperwork every two weeks, and the plant sent me a quit notice which I was not at home to receive. I was staying at my parents house, because I could not walk.

I thought that the certified letter was for my first JH payment, so I wasn't too concerned with getting up to the post office to get it. When I finally made it up there, I found the quit notice.

The Union told me that I was out of luck, and that's when I brought up the slackers that always seemed to get their jobs back for too many awols. I had to hobble in to the plant on crutches everyday for a week, to get my job back. I had pictures of my injury, and they could look down and see the crap oozing through the half sock/cast on my foot. I had NO awols, NO days missed, NO occurrences, and any super on the floor would vouch for my work ethic. They still continued to tell me that I was SOL, but that they were able to work a miracle and get me re-instated.

It may be a rare case, but it has happened. I will admit it was my own fault for not taking care of the paper work properly, but I was unfamiliar with medical procedures. It was just a paper mistake. I have never been on medical since then, and I have never had any restriction since then, and that was about 8 years ago. So no, Im not a sorry ass.

It was a bunch of crap when they told me that the company had dotted the i's and crossed the t's, and I was SOL.

It may be a rare case, but it has happened. I will admit it was my own fault for not taking care of the paper work properly, but I was unfamiliar with medical procedures. It was just a paper mistake. I have never been on medical since then, and I have never had any restriction since then, and that was about 8 years ago. So no, Im not a sorry ass.

It was a bunch of crap when they told me that the company had dotted the i's and crossed the t's, and I was SOL.

Its a very rare case that anyone gets fired from Ford

To me, it shows you had no 'friends' on the barginning commitee or could not be made a tool for the Chairperson

If one wnats to be a slacker, they would have to know the 'right' way to slack and the 'right' people

Becuase its the least they can do for those that come to work and do they're part.Maby if the union kept track then these people could be counciled before it got to a diciplinary stage. If the union sent out attendance letters the message would sink in a little better becuase they would be warned in advance.

Everyone who works at Ford knows the consequences of their actions...

You seem to have the company confused with the Union. It's managements job to enforce it's rules and it's the Unions job to ensure the language in the collective agreement is followed.

:angry: :(

<_< If we kicked out the useless union, the deadbeats would go with them. We would become a much more productive company. Maybee the media and the Jap car buyers would rally behind the home team once again.

Unlikely. You have a union because the powers that be can't help but trying to fuck the little guy. If you think I'm wrong, look at how the company treats their low-level salaried employees. In the good times, we get very little of the credit, in the bad times, the lion's share of the blame.

In the time I've been at Sterling. I've witnessed and been a victim of some of these useless spoiled brats. The ones who either are managements big shot kids, skilled trades darlings, or the union's good ol' boys and girls. I'll tell you that some of these people deserve to get fired. Some already have because they are repeatedly gone because their alcoholics. One asshole usually is gone more than half the year because of bullshit drug rehab and he's just a low life. The only reason he still works here because his daddy is a big, big shot up in salary that's why. One little "college educated" low seniority faggot deserved to get fired because he was stealing production, coming in late all the time... Not some of the time. MOST OF THE TIME as well as throwing parts, sabotage, breaking company property. Spreding vicious and unsubstantied rumors. Hell, a few of the broads can't even show up half the time either are still around. Punks that got caught smoking weed still have their jobs. I think I know the answer... IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, IT'S WHO YOU KNOW... and that's the case that goes on around here. Preferental treatment on the part of the management (Visteon especially and Ford) and the UAW.

I've never seen such collusion and compromise between management and the union and it's employees here. It's a fucking joke around there. Phony people who pretend to be what they are really not! Ratting and selling other employees out. But then again the workforce sees the union sucking the company's dick. When they see that; then they assume that's it's O.K. then. That's why I abstain from participating in any union related function.

I should have transfered out while I had the chance... I can't stand that fucking hellhole place!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

First off asshole, I am not a dumb fuck!!!!!!!!! I go to work everyday and work my ass off along with others on my line that care. And no that is not the only reason the automakers are in trouble but, it ranks up there with number 1!!!!!!!!

So why don't you get off the crack or sober up and quit sticking up for the fucking slackers. Or maybe you

are one yourself. Think about it when your sober and then respond with some intelligent correspondence.

You must be one of those people who run 100 parts when you are only required to run 70. Pat yourself on the back again, because you are a winner!

In the time I've been at Sterling. I've witnessed and been a victim of some of these useless spoiled brats. The ones who either are managements big shot kids, skilled trades darlings, or the union's good ol' boys and girls. I'll tell you that some of these people deserve to get fired. Some already have because they are repeatedly gone because their alcoholics. One asshole usually is gone more than half the year because of bullshit drug rehab and he's just a low life. The only reason he still works here because his daddy is a big, big shot up in salary that's why. One little "college educated" low seniority faggot deserved to get fired because he was stealing production, coming in late all the time... Not some of the time. MOST OF THE TIME as well as throwing parts, sabotage, breaking company property. Spreding vicious and unsubstantied rumors. Hell, a few of the broads can't even show up half the time either are still around. Punks that got caught smoking weed still have their jobs. I think I know the answer... IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, IT'S WHO YOU KNOW... and that's the case that goes on around here. Preferental treatment on the part of the management (Visteon especially and Ford) and the UAW.

I've never seen such collusion and compromise between management and the union and it's employees here. It's a fucking joke around there. Phony people who pretend to be what they are really not! Ratting and selling other employees out. But then again the workforce sees the union sucking the company's dick. When they see that; then they assume that's it's O.K. then. That's why I abstain from participating in any union related function.

I should have transfered out while I had the chance... I can't stand that fucking hellhole place!

Are you sure you don't work at Michigan Truck?

i made the big mistake of coming to work everyday and actually doing my job, since i was young i always put pride into doing my job, i've been a worker all my life so i figured do a good job the supervisors will recognize this and take care of me. what a mistake i made!!! i have now learned that anything that seems common sense in the normal world is the exact opposite in the plant, i have constantly been abused and taken advantage of by management while the lazy man gets over on me and the other people who don't mind doing their job, in the rare instance that i end up getting a decent job, it isn't a matter of a day or two before i am pulled off that job and replaced with a lazy bastard, therefore i end up on the harder jobs constantly, i have never seen a place so mismanaged in my life, first thing in the morning when everyone comes in , the first priority for the supervisor is to work around the lazy people, placing people on jobs and continualy throughout the day moving people around to accomodate the lazy people, the same thing happens evryday, when there are too many people and they need to send people home they automatically send the lazy ones home, they never ask anyone else if they might want to go home, there is no such thing as having a " job " that you go to evreyday, don't get me wrong alot of lazy people get the same easy jobs everyday, they go to the bathroom every half hour , walk around and socialize smiling, they wear nice clothes to work and they never get dirty? my clothes are filthy, oh and when it's time for overtime, guess who's sucking it up? the lazy ones, i'd love to work some overtime but i'm so exhausted after 8 hours that i usually refuse it. therfore i have begun to go out on medical for stress and anxiety, i literally want to hurt some of these people, the lazy one's and the management that continues to to cater to them, i am now in the process of changing my work habits which isn't easy, my new years resolution is become a lazy bastard!!! the problem is once you show them that you can work they make it very difficult to become lazy, they constantly stand over your shoulder , constantly ride you, they wanna know why i'm not working??? so this is my experience and i will continue to go out on medical as long as this goes on, by the way the union knows exactly what is going on and they say that management can do whatever they want, i've tried to go through the chain of command and the result has been nill. i have no confidence whatsoever in my union. they are all for themselves, i work at buffalo stamping plant, i transfered from wixom in 02, worst mistake i ever made, i am very close to quitting and going back to michigan without a job, thats how bad it is. merry christmas :(

i made the big mistake of coming to work everyday and actually doing my job, since i was young i always put pride into doing my job, i've been a worker all my life so i figured do a good job the supervisors will recognize this and take care of me. what a mistake i made!!! i have now learned that anything that seems common sense in the normal world is the exact opposite in the plant, i have constantly been abused and taken advantage of by management while the lazy man gets over on me and the other people who don't mind doing their job, in the rare instance that i end up getting a decent job, it isn't a matter of a day or two before i am pulled off that job and replaced with a lazy bastard, therefore i end up on the harder jobs constantly, i have never seen a place so mismanaged in my life, first thing in the morning when everyone comes in , the first priority for the supervisor is to work around the lazy people, placing people on jobs and continualy throughout the day moving people around to accomodate the lazy people, the same thing happens evryday, when there are too many people and they need to send people home they automatically send the lazy ones home, they never ask anyone else if they might want to go home, there is no such thing as having a " job " that you go to evreyday, don't get me wrong alot of lazy people get the same easy jobs everyday, they go to the bathroom every half hour , walk around and socialize smiling, they wear nice clothes to work and they never get dirty? my clothes are filthy, oh and when it's time for overtime, guess who's sucking it up? the lazy ones, i'd love to work some overtime but i'm so exhausted after 8 hours that i usually refuse it. therfore i have begun to go out on medical for stress and anxiety, i literally want to hurt some of these people, the lazy one's and the management that continues to to cater to them, i am now in the process of changing my work habits which isn't easy, my new years resolution is become a lazy bastard!!! the problem is once you show them that you can work they make it very difficult to become lazy, they constantly stand over your shoulder , constantly ride you, they wanna know why i'm not working??? so this is my experience and i will continue to go out on medical as long as this goes on, by the way the union knows exactly what is going on and they say that management can do whatever they want, i've tried to go through the chain of command and the result has been nill. i have no confidence whatsoever in my union. they are all for themselves, i work at buffalo stamping plant, i transfered from wixom in 02, worst mistake i ever made, i am very close to quitting and going back to michigan without a job, thats how bad it is. merry christmas :(

Well as a former wixom person I understand how you feel. my advice is to just ignore everyone. It will be hard but it's better than not having a job. i run into the same kind of deadbeats myself. Now I just go to work, put on my headphones and drown out all the crying. Don't stoop to thier level, you sound like you are are better than that. Maybe try transferring to another zone? Myself, I hold to the belief that I AM better than them and still hold pride in the job I do and no deadbeat slacker will take that away from me. Best wishes and I hope you have a Merry Christmas and happy new year. :)

To say the UAW is the reason Ford and Gm are having trouble is crazy talk. We are the best work force in the world.Its lack of market share not the UAW!

You must be kidding

To say the UAW is the reason Ford and Gm are having trouble is crazy talk. We are the best work force in the world.Its lack of market share not the UAW!

My plant laid off 450 people. Two guys were fired for fighting after that lay off. They were back in two months. Instead of two heads being gone and moving up to spots on the roles, I am back underneath the guys that kicked the shit out of each other. Instead of protecting my job, a job I show up for every day and do until they tell me to go home, they protect the job of people that want to go ten round a night.

where else can you beat someones ass and still have a job? the real world doesnt put up with the bullshit that the Big 3 do.

Everyone who works at Ford knows the consequences of their actions...

You seem to have the company confused with the Union. It's managements job to enforce it's rules and it's the Unions job to ensure the language in the collective agreement is followed.

I agree with you However the key word is collective.Its an agreement between the UAW and Ford.Im just saying if there were some counseling by the UAW then people like you and I woulndt have to wait on our union rep. becuase they are tied up with dead beats that otherwise should know better all by themselves.Instead we have contractual language, umpire decisions,letters of understanding,and a lot of other wasted resources that allow loop holes for them and make it harder for folks like us that dont know the steps to the dance. have a Merry Christmas

Well as a former wixom person I understand how you feel. my advice is to just ignore everyone. It will be hard but it's better than not having a job. i run into the same kind of deadbeats myself. Now I just go to work, put on my headphones and drown out all the crying. Don't stoop to thier level, you sound like you are are better than that. Maybe try transferring to another zone? Myself, I hold to the belief that I AM better than them and still hold pride in the job I do and no deadbeat slacker will take that away from me. Best wishes and I hope you have a Merry Christmas and happy new year. :)

Thats a great attitude. Those of us that have good work ethics, attendance, and morals have to pick up the slack of the losers, but if we don't we'll go down in flames for sure.