Ordered 20-13 Escape 6/13, How long to wait?

the estimate is 8 weeks, unfortunately because its such a new product there could possibly be commodity issues.....not uncommon for ford to tell us all of a sudden to forget ordering a certain drive train, or wheel etc. Which in turn makes us order certain packages ( ie if Titanium 18 inch wheel becomes and issue we would be told to order SELs or SE's ) We couldnt order eco engines in the F-150 for a while...

it was just an example...me bad...commoditty issues can be a bear though, just ONE thing can cause horrendous delays...

I know you know, and it was just an example. I'd be ticked if the build and delivery of my car was held up because a supplier couldn't produce a door handle fast enough.

The one Ginger Ale in your photos appears to be a base model (no EcoBoost or other badging), so that wouldn't be his either.

It also has a black skid plate and single exhaust. I was told by the dealership that their order update comes to them on Monday (I thought it was Thursday) so I'm really hoping to get good news on Monday.

Edited by transitman

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently waiting for one to come in at my dealership here in Northeastern PA. The sticker has been on line for almost a month-- checked the vin with information on the ETIS (hope I got that right!) system mentioned in another forum and it was built on May 29th and is just waiting on the lot to be shipped. My ford dealership checked again today and concurred the same thing. Hoping it won't be much longer!! :)

mine was ordered in mid-April, just received confirmation that it was shipped from Ford on 6/27 and en-route to dealer.... was told it should be another 10 to 21 days... hopefully it will be here earlier and there is some padding in the arrival to dealer estimate

New Escapes seem to be arriving quite regularly, but I did read that there is big shortage of Train Autoracks, and this could lead to delays as vehicles start to stack up at assembly holding area awaiting an Autorack. All auto companies have stated that they are at the mercy of the big Class 1 RR's and nothing they can do. I imagine the RR's cut way back on Autoracks when auto sales plummeted and are slow to add more as times improve. Another reason is that some RR's can make more moneyhauling double stacks/coal and so on and are slow to add autoracks.

New Escapes seem to be arriving quite regularly, but I did read that there is big shortage of Train Autoracks, and this could lead to delays as vehicles start to stack up at assembly holding area awaiting an Autorack. All auto companies have stated that they are at the mercy of the big Class 1 RR's and nothing they can do. I imagine the RR's cut way back on Autoracks when auto sales plummeted and are slow to add more as times improve. Another reason is that some RR's can make more moneyhauling double stacks/coal and so on and are slow to add autoracks.

You would think Ford and others would have committed contracts with the RR's to guarantee reliable shipment to distribution points and similar contracts with trucking firms to get vehicles to dealerships. I was just in Phoenix and very few dealers there have higher trim Escapes in stock, just a limited number of S’s and SE’s. I stopped by the dealership closest to my house and the guy I spoke with didn’t know when they would be receiving any.

I was told mine will arrive the week of July 23rd, fingers crossed.

You would think Ford and others would have committed contracts with the RR's to guarantee reliable shipment to distribution points and similar contracts with trucking firms to get vehicles to dealerships. I was just in Phoenix and very few dealers there have higher trim Escapes in stock, just a limited number of S’s and SE’s. I stopped by the dealership closest to my house and the guy I spoke with didn’t know when they would be receiving any.

I was told mine will arrive the week of July 23rd, fingers crossed.

When did you order?

When did you order?

I negotiated my deal with the salesman on February 23rd and supposedly the order went in the following Monday, Feb 25. I finally got my VIN and the window sticker on June 22nd, over eight weeks after production began (my scheduled build date is 7/9/2012). I don't know if they waited to submit my order, forgot, or that's just how the scheduling worked out, but it seemed to be taking longer than expected to get my VIN. I don't like to be a nagger, but after I started pressing my saleman, I finally got a VIN, coincidence or scheduling...?