Ford teases 2013 F-150 Limited ahead of Tuesday debut

VIN #...really? Goddamnit, I HATE THAT. It's VIN. That's it. JFC. The badge is cool. Personally, I like it. But, I'd refuse to buy a vehicle with the badge as designed because I won't abide such stupidity.

And yes, I would pay extra to have my vehicle signed my Alan in gold leaf. Yes, I'm possibly an idiot anyway.

I'm not the moron who decided a protruding badge was a good idea ON AN ARMREST. If it was flush with the top surface, it would be fine.

Looks to be mostly recessed to me, and mostly flush with the top of leather.

And for the buyers who will be buying this, they will love the badge there to show off the opulence.

The naming confusion reminds me a bit of when Ford used to sell Limited and Eddie Bauer version of the Explorer. There was a mish mash of options available on one version and not the other, making neither one of them truly a "top tier" trim in the lineup.

Hmm, when I purchased my '99 Explorer Limited 5.0L AWD, I was able to order any item that was offered on the '99 Eddie Bauer model, and then some. With exception of the two-tone paint scheme, which I wasn't a fan of anyways. Not sure if you were referencing the 02-10 model Explorers, but the 95-01 models the Limited truly was a step up from the EB model.

Edited by V8-X

My neighbor, who drives a white F-150 Platinum, would love to read these comments about unnecessary opulence etc.

It would really give him a chuckle or two. I can just hear him say, "Platinum didn't make me think of cars . . . if you can afford a $45k p/u, what's the big deal?" etc

Personally, I think it looks nice next to his 911 in his garage and I am glad that he saw the light when he decided to get a p/u . . . and bought a Ford.

• Like 1

Platinum sounds more exclusive and unique to the F-Series than "Limited".

Ford's naming scheme is pretty messy and nonsensical, but they do their research. The F-150 in particularly sells on it's individuality so creating a vast array of configurations and special nameplates means something to it's customers. F-150 is a brand within a brand, kinda like Mustang, it needs to diversify to reach more customers. With the other cars, you have people cross shopping so they have to have some consistency.

F-Series are Ford's line ups in the PickUp segment. Compared to the car segment, Raptors and Harleys are your Shelbys and Stang GTs, In this sense, F-150s are like the "c-cars" - XLT, STX, FX2/4, LARIAT, KING RANCH etc, are just like Focus sedan, Focus hatch, C-MAX, Escape... And Platinium and Limited are Ford's Lincoln offerings.

Edited by 03 LS

It's not confusing to people who buy F-150's. XL, STX, XLT, FX, LARIAT, KING RANCH, PLATINUM, LIMITED.

They definitely need to add 2 more trim levels somewhere in there so it is an even 10. I think something between the STX and the XLT would be nice... maybe XLS? Also one more at the top above the Limited with real 24k gold accents on the dash.